Patch Of 10/12/22

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sharon E, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Now that we have this patch which includes some changes to the save game, I have turned it on to see how this affects game play with a save.
    As is almost the case with every dl from Steam, the file verification found errors that it corrected. I do not blame Steam for this, with the size of the files coming over the internet, there are bound to be some corrupt data.

2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It must be overwriting quite a lot as the download itself was only 456Mb but it is now taking an age to patch through the 30 odd Gb of installed files.

3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Interesting. Do you usually do a file check with patches? Sounds like a good idea, never occurred to me. I must try it.

4. Sharon E

Always...
    And not just patches, anything I dl from Steam.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Are there any patch notes for this release?

6. Arpadiam

Arpadiam Active Member

been more that a month that the game came out and still, Even with the new patch, Cant download anything from CC

i wonder when is gonna be fixed

7. Teflon490

Teflon490 Active Member

No, there are not to be bound some corrupt data, be it 1kb size download, or 1GB+ size download. If it is corrupted there was something wrong with your internet connection or your computer. Never had any download corruptions even when downloading 100GB+ games.
    With that said it mostly finds and reports something "corrupted" while it really is just some config file or similar probably, that is modified by the game itself when you run it, and it incorrectly flags as "nok" when doing CRC checks.
    Lately I also noticed Steam doing file verifications on its own after downloading a patch, must have been added in some steam patch.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. March Hare

March Hare Well-Known Member

Any first-hand, positive experience with the save game yet?

I resumed playing last night, so I have saved (multiple times along the route, too, in case of a crash), but not resumed a save yet.

10. OldVern

No issues so far here but I haven't been playing routes that had a particular problem.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sharon E

Did SEHS yesterday, worked fine, and was going to do London Commuter today, but a migraine got me, so will try tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I've saved my progress numerous times on CJP and resumed successfully 3 or 4 times without a problem. Haven't saved since the most recent patch though.

13. March Hare

I am looking for experiences post-patch, where the core fixes were made, for those who were getting stuck at permanent red signals after resuming.

I haven't had chance to resume a save yet. Hopefully I'll have more success than before these fixes.

14. March Hare

London Commuter should be a good test. My first time playing and saving on SEHS resulted in the red signal bug, pre-patch, so that will be interesting to test for me.

15. OldVern

Tomorrow I will try the last Journey mode I attempted on BML after save feature restored but before latest patch. Got an AI train not moving against a green at Haywards Heath so I was stuck at a red, after I saved and reloaded the run at East Croydon.

16. OldVern

Further to the above, yes this time save game resumed and the AI train at Haywards Heath had gone, giving me clear signals. So things are definitely getting better, whether as a result of core changes or route specific tweaks. Off to finish my run into Brighton!

• Like Like x 1
  17. March Hare

They have only made core changes so far, so that's great news. I saw someone in another thread say they resumed a save that was previously stuck at a red signal and it finally cleared when loading post-patch.

It sounds like I can finally return to playing properly for really the first time since buying into the franchise.

18. OldVern

The other one I really should test is DCZ where a freight train failed to start and blocked me not far from the end. Problem is, it’s an hour driving from a Dosto cab car to get to that point and I will need to summon the will to live in order to endure that, particularly if the run still bugs out!

• Like Like x 1
  19. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

I dont think this makes sense. I have some games that will always find corrupt files and redownload them, even when i just did a verify seconds ago...but they work...so its probably more of a waste of time and snake oil.

20. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Even with 50+ DLC it takes a couple of minutes and is good practice. I do it with every update/download as a a matter of course. Just leave it running while I make a brew.

• Like Like x 1
  21. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I never experienced a problem using the TSW2 save/resume feature and have yet to have one in TSW3 -- and I use save/resume frequently.

22. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

I verify files after every single update and can honestly say that it finds corrupt files around 60-70% of the time which it then reinstalls.

I only have this issue with TSW and no other games or apps I have so would love to know why it has this issue so often.

• Like Like x 1
  23. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey - can I check if you have subscribed to 100 CC items? If so, there is a known limit of 100 that can be downloaded in-game. If you head to the website and download from there, you should have no issues. Hope this helps.

24. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Early on, I think after first buying the Steam TSW2 and a bunch of DLCs, I had file verification pick up and fix an error. Since then, I've run it after every purchase and patch, and it's never found another problem. I'll keep doing it, though; as redrev1917 said, it just takes a few minutes (and at that point, I've already waited for the download/patching to begin with).