Tsc - Huddersfield Line Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Oct 3, 2022.

1. brummie

brummie Active Member

Thanks Danny.

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

This was a temporary issue with the hour or so after release and has been rectified. Unfortunately, those reviews are going to likely stay there, unchanged and unedited. One I think has done a change, but the other two are now being marked as helpful by people who ultimately don't buy the route when the route actually works fine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Active Member

Thank you. A post from today after the earlier issues. And a response from the developer.

Route is showing on my menu but all train is missing i restart steam for 3 times and verify game file but it still missing.
    Was this review helpful? Yes No Funny [​IMG]Award
    Developer response:
    dtg_jd [developer] Posted: 12 Oct @ 7:05am
    Hi - sorry to hear that. We've had a couple of issues getting the game onto Steam, but for the majority of players, restarting their Steam client seems to have sorted it out.

If that doesn't work, please submit a support ticket to the team here and we'll try to help you get playing again! https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com/support/home

4. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Try to verify files

5. Cyclone

If you previously owned the DTG Class 142 but uninsdtalled it, please go to the DLC Manager within the Steam game page in your Steam client and reinstall it. It is bundled with this route but Steam does not automatically reinstall.

I think the other trains are all bundled and the 47 is unrelated to any other 47 besides the Virgin pack one.

6. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Active Member

Thank you. Much appreciated.

7. snapnfix

snapnfix Member

Does the Class 47 have the loud sounds in the cab sorted and the windscreen clearer?

8. Cyclone

I have not really played with the Virgin one, but I assume the difference is between an older one and the model used for that and Huddersfield. If I am mistaken, please clarify. This is so that a proper comparison can be made. :)

9. snapnfix

snapnfix Member

The Virgin Class 47 (now withdrawn) lived on as the unbranded 47 in the Welsh Marches. DTG have said that the Virgin Class 47 has been used to make the 47s in this release. Previously DTG have noted the problems with the loud engine noise in the cab and said they would see what could be done to improve it.

I would like to know if in this release they have improved (quietened) it, and also fixed the overly opaque/tinted windscreen, its other defect in my opinion.

10. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I would be interested to know too. The Virgin class 47 was a great model but the sound in the cab sounded like you were sitting in the engine room, much too loud. It seems a common problem with DTG diesels in TSC, it is a lot better in TSW.

11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Oh no, keep the thrash - please!

12. Cyclone

I'll be posting the scenario video for scenario 3 on Friday, so perhaps you can get an idea from that. Not many, perhaps, since I mostly stay in the cab.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Stupid Idea.
    Just Untick the route then retick and let the system download the files again.
    You don't need to verify all the games and add-ons that don't have a problem

• Like Like x 2
  14. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Active Member

Strange thing is at one point I had 1 file that need requiring but after downloading a Just Trains DLC from Steam I need 14567 files and it keeps reading like this time after time after time I verify.

15. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

Deltics and Class 40s yes I would agree, but, we still have Class 37s and 47s running today, if folks don't know that, then why buy a Rail Simulator computer game?
    And I am very happy to see routes built depicting the late 1980s to the 1990s. I have obtained all of the modern-ish DLC routes off Steam even down to the Dover and Ramsgate route earlier this year, but, they have lots of yards removed, depots no longer in situ, no carriage sidings, etc, etc. All we have nowadays are up to date passenger stations to run a-b linear trains on, with multi-coloured EMUs, there is no variety. From my fading memory I can only think of 2 DLC routes that have any working coal mines on, one was Nottingham Netherfield by HertsBob, depicting the steam era of the 1950s/60s and Creative Rail's East Midlands Coal route and Keith Ross of course developed WCML Trent Valley with Rugeley Power Station to unload our coal trains at, and since 2009 that is about all we have ever had on British routes, no in-game working Oil Refineries, Steel works, coal mines, Cement works, Aggregate Industries/quarries, or, ports and docks with animated cranes, not what we expected from DTG over the years. Why must we rely on the community and 3rd party developers to produce things all the time? And I am well aware of freeware routes and backdated layouts with animated industries on, but, they aren't DLC by DTG to purchase directly.
    There was a lot happening in the 1990s, we went into Privatisation around 1994, of course. However, in the game we have countless reskins and repaints of the liveries already available of that era, from the Railfreight period in 1982 to Trainload Freight in 1988 when Sectorisation was formed until 1994, we have plenty of coal, metals, petroleum liveried locos to choose from. Then after Privatisation we had LoadHaul, Mainline and Transrail operating from 1994-96, we have plenty of liveries to cover that period as well and then we had EWS after 1996, again lots of loco liveries already in the game. We had Network South East from 1986-94 and RailExpressSystems from 1982-1996, we have the liveries and the locos, where are all the routes with relevant depots, and yards/sidings to accomodate everything authentically, there is virtually nothing, no wonder many of us have got so frustrated with the way DTG have ignored the basic structuring of our railway over the decades, it isn't a true reflection of what many of us remember, and I'm sure lots of gamers remember the 1990s.

Cheerz. Steve.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  16. mindenjohn

mindenjohn Well-Known Member

Unglamorous though it was/is freight traffic created the railways and for 160 years was its paymaster being non subsidised unlike the (more glamourous??) passenger service however except for the routes Steve mentions above where are the freight routes or even the chance to run freight on mixed traffic routes. Even the Southern commuter routes had a little freight traffic. Woodhead is about the best of the "modern" and that has been closed longer than it was electrified.

17. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Lol well maybe we need a thrash level like AP have a clag level!