Gwe Dlc Needs Desperate Updating

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kanamechidori#8728, Oct 10, 2022.

1. kanamechidori#8728

kanamechidori#8728 Member

Its such a shame that GWE has seemingly been forgotten about, out dated rolling stock, no Heathrow express trains & no Heathrow terminal and pitiful length only to Reading

though it will never be updated what would you had like to see to this route

• Like Like x 2
  2. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

By that logic TVL needs a 185 and to have them close Redcar British Steel and only stop once a week at Teesside Airport.

• Like Like x 6
  3. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

So spirit of steam should be totally X’d out and have voyagers, Pendolinos, iet’s and 150’s too !!

4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Heathrow Express doubtful due to licensing (BAA were still running the trains at the time the route was set) plus unlikely BAA will give permission for their infrastructure from just south of Airport Jn into the terminal area. However I agree a rework would be good, maybe the freight branches to Brentford and Colnbrook, the three passenger branches and extend to Oxford. Personally I would like to see it backdated to BR Classic era, with Class 117 DMU's on the locals and a mix of Paxman engine HST's and loco hauled consists on the Class One services.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Rip up 90% of the track!

• Like Like x 2
  6. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

I kind of like the fact that it is stuck in 2016 - lets us relive an era that will never return. I would, however, also like a modern version of it, since that will provide much variety - some Elizabeth Line purple too!

• Like Like x 1
  7. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Updating it is building a new route from scratch. There is no ohle for the whole route so you can't have electric trains running. Licensing too if it applies and I certainly like running diesels over electrics lol. So there probably won't be an update anytime soon or at all

8. Mateiule

Mateiule Active Member

I support this

9. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

There are multiple suggestions with their outer for an extension or rework which might be possible with dovetails upcoming 2010s set route

10. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Maybe redo the whole route either pre OHLE or full OHLE with correct stock to match and this time give us all of the branches too both freight and passenger. At the very least we could do with the Class 165/1, 180 and 57 with sleeper stock. Please please please DTG.

11. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Not any time soon. I would rather they make new routes than to continuously update the older routes, decreasing variety. I don't want a sehs type makeover every time. Would much rather have other routes in the uk

• Like Like x 1
  12. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Heathrow Airport (ex BAA) still own the Heathrow Express, daily operations are subcontracted to GWR but Heathrow is still the legal operator and brand owner.

13. OldVern

Indeed. So very unlikely. Although the counterpoint is that the airport freely appears in various flight sims over the years, including what could be regarded as sensitive information such as radio, ILS etc. frequencies.

14. elarthur

Spanish owned Ferrovial (if my memory is correct) is the owner of Heathrow Airport Ltd (HAL) and seem highly reluctant to licence intellectual property. It is a crying shame that with so many players keen to buy it, that a licence has been nigh on impossible to obtain. Hopefully DTG are continuing to try to acquire the said licence in order to one day include this branch line. It would possibly work best with all of the other branch lines in a new DLC pack. Let's hope that we one day get our wish.

15. OldVern

Just puzzles me how the flight sim people get round it!

16. elarthur

I can't figure that out either.

17. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member