Xbox German Container Sizes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jiroo#5329, Oct 13, 2022.

1. jiroo#5329

jiroo#5329 Member

I have noticed that since the Rush Hour update in German routes the ONE containers are different in size than Hamburg Sud and Hapag & Lloyd containers on top of Sggmrss wagons. Is it that way in real life or some sort of mistake in game?

2. jackdillon37390

jackdillon37390 Member

This isnt a mistake I don't think. The I think the ONE containers are Hi Cube, which means they are taller. Whilst the others aren't Hi Cube.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jiroo#5329

jiroo#5329 Member

Ok! Thanks :)

4. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

As post above, that is correct as they are the high cube type ocean containers. ONE being Ocean Network Express, so all their containers are 9.6ft high. It's the reason pocket and low-ever flat wagons were introduced mainly in the UK and Ireland because of loading gauge issues on some routes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

The "Hi cube" containers are known as International containers. My local route (although I live in Poole) for intermodal services start from Southampton Maritime and these used to be serviced primarily by Standard height containers. Then because more and more International / High Cube containers were coming through Southampton Docks to the north they introduced the KTA Pocket wagons that housed them pretty well. EWS used the FKA's that are in the game for the containers (I think they are 9 feet 6 inches in height). But now these are pretty much redundant along the route as a few years ago the line between Southampton Docks all the way upto the north (WCML was cleared for Hi Cube / International containers on standard height intermodal wagons. Some of the line was already cleared, part of of the track was either lowered or bridges hired to accommodate the loading gauge. I think its know in the UK as W10 gauge ANyhow heres a map of the UK showing what lines can accommodate the "Hi Cube boxes".

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/wp-co...nced-W10-loading-gauge-map-of-the-network.pdf

Cheers
    Hentis

• Like Like x 2