Need Some Help With Pzb

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Shackamaxon, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

Route :- Kassel - Wurzburg
    Train :- ICE3
    Service :- ICE 1285 ( Hamburg to Munich )

( All safety systems + AFB ) -> ON

Problem :- At Wurzburg, Running over an active 500hz magnet ( at any speed ) causes the E. Brakes to trip.
    Faced the same in some other route a couple of days ago, dismissed it assuming my fault.

Kindly confirm if this is a bug ( on this route or others as well ) or suggest some improvements in my driving style

2. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

Difficult to say what went wrong. I have never had a problem with the 500Hz magnets at Würzburg. Also, I think a 500Hz is a 500Hz. It always does the same, regardless where, so I have difficulties imagining what bug may cause this. It will always stop you under the same conditions: either one is too fast, reduced speed to slow or the previous 1000hz was released before driving over it (in order for the 500hz to be active you need to have a 1000hz influence ahead of it). Apart from that it should not stop you.

3. MatsH

MatsH Active Member

I just tried this service and had no problems with the 500Hz magnet at Würzburg Platform 2.
    It lights up in red on the dash but the train keeps rolling. I passed it at 28 km/h, but I believe you
    can pass it at speeds up to 45 km/h without it tripping the brakes (or is it 35 km/h?).

So I don't think it's a bug anyway, but I'm afraid I don't know what's causing this issue for you.

Could it have something to do with the transition from LZB to PZB, or are you sure that it is the 500Hz magnet that stops the train?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Did you press PZB release? Someone else recently complained about 500Hz magnets and that was the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MatsH

MatsH Active Member

Yes, that's what I was thinking as well. When you get LZB Ende you will have to press PZB release, (End-key).

6. Isaak

Isaak Well-Known Member

Correct, but right after the LZB Ende, there is an active 1000Hz magnet which should be acknowledged and one should not release from it once the yellow marker disappears unless the signal ahead is showing a clear (green) aspect, which it is not if 500Hz is active. An unsafe release causes the emergency brake to trip immediately when passing over the 500Hz magnet.

7. Shackamaxon

Thanks, everyone above. Learned a new thing today, exactly this was the problem...

8. Shackamaxon

Yes, it was the 500Hz that stopped me.
    The reason was me releasing it twice; once when the LZB is about to 'End' and the other one after crossing the 1000 Hz

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shackamaxon

Will keep that in mind, thanks !

10. Shackamaxon

Yes it's 45 ( 40 for error margin )

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

You can pass it at 65 and have to slow down to 45 within 150m, typically you aim for 60 and 40 of course :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. atledreier

atledreier Member

As we're on the topic:
    On the Aachen-Köln route there's a spot where you're sitting comfortably at 160kph and are being dumped to 80 for a station. In this spot I find i need to really slam on the brakes to avoid PZB getting mad at me. As soon as I see the flashing green in the distance I go to 80-90% brakes and keep it there until I pass 85kph. I can just make it before the 80kph is enforced, and PZB is happy. I failed this so many times, not knowing what I did wrong.
    Is this just an edge case, a quirk of the map setup, or do these circumstances happen in real life?

13. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

In real life, you’d see this restriction kilometers in advance on your EBuLa (and you’d know it based on route knowledge too).

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

A similar thing happens on HLK with a speed restriction for an old bridge, route knowledge is key here.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Shackamaxon

I do recall this being the case when driving the RE1 service. Coming from Koln, to make the stop at Horrem, you slow down for the siding which leads into the platform.

As pointed out by the other members, Ebula & route knowledge is the key here.