Livery Designer Much Needed Feature

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rob39, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Given the amount of stock we have now, especially duplicate classes. Please could you provide a section of Livery Designer for our own custom saved shapes. Some of them are reasonably complex to create, and users lose the will when faced with having to do multiple times.

• Like Like x 8
  2. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

If I may ask, are you talking about an feature for livery designer like vinyl groups? If you wondering vinyl groups are an livery designer feature in forza horizon 3 (onwards to 5) an car racing game. Vinyl groups in forza horizon allow you to create logos or images by using shapes which you can share or copy and paste on your cars but this isn't Forza horizon so it's trains and rolling stock this would apply to. Which I think Dovetail could do as they can add it when you go to livery designer you can have two portals (windows, option, tabs and etc) where it allows you to decide if you want to access your usual livery designer page with all the rolling stock you own (which would be called liveries) or an different page called design groups where you will have tsw3 version of forzas vinyl groups. Where you will have all your regular things you can add to your rolling stock like shapes and etc but when you add it instead of it going on anything it will go on an wall which is the background of the normal livery designer (it would be what ever color you picked for it so white or black). This would allow you to make you logo or design you want to, you just have to press save design to send it to an list where you can access it to share or copy and paste. To copy and paste you just go to the list under design groups pick you design and press copy where it will be added to an clipboard and when you go to any of your liveries you can just press paste design and it will appear on your livery where you can do whatever you wish with it. Now I have said in this post " share or copy and paste" many times but I think your wondering with what I mean by the word share, well what I mean is I want you to be able to share your design groups on creaters club so people can use them for there liveries. This would fall under (in the creaters club menu) my mods when you want to add one or design groups ofr when you want to get one. Now this is important but when you add an livery with an design group from another person at the bottom under the description will be an box saying others design groups where it will have the user names of the peopel you got the design group from (to prevent copyright and so forth). Now I hope this is what you mean with custom save shapes and I hope dovetail makes this an thing but if you have anything to say then be my guest.

P.s.s (At the bottom or top of this post is an video of forza horizon 4s vinyl groups by grub magnet gaming)

3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

When creating a livery- New layer:
    Shapes
    Logos
    Images
    Signs
    Saved shapes (custom creations)

something like this.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

Yes exactly. I have asked for this ability also. It would be a very welcomed addition.