Train Sim World 3 - How We Made The Annoucement!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Oct 14, 2022.

1. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Hello everyone!

I wanted to share how we created our announcement event for TSW3 which premiered a couple months ago, and showcase the fun moments from the process and celebrating the excitement from one of the best release events we’ve managed to run at Dovetail!

Read our announcement article for all the details and behind the scenes!

Announce Stats.jpg

Key Points:

- This was our biggest, most watched stream ever!

- We understand more about how we deliver teasers and the preparation needed to create memorable and exciting moments.

- You can expect us to create bigger and more engaging reveal events in the future.

• Like Like x 31
  2. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed the reveal stream although I got most of the things wrong lol :)

Are the streams monetised at all DTG Alex?

Hentis

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  3. DTG Alex

No not at all :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That is cool to see how this was made. The emoji teasers make sense now!

• Like Like x 2
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Not bad \o/

6. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

Wow, reading it brought me back to the hype I felt! That was a great article! Glad you explained everything.

Still not sure what the turtle mascot is though...

7. Anthony Pecoraro

It's from Discord.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the reveal. The article is really interesting - I had it on in the background for most of my work day. I remember the lightning making me jump and the first hints of the ICE - That was what got me excited - My most wanted Loco. Didn't get many of the clues though

9. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

Righto. What does it mean?

Sorry...

10. thatyaxthing#3408

thatyaxthing#3408 Member

What's the Discord link?

11. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Don't join it from what i have heard its quite an toxic discord server

12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Nice big hint for the next steam locomotive in that article.

13. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

It's the Train Sim Community discord.
    http://discord.trainsimcommunity.com/
    They also have a website filled with TSW mods and tools.
    https://www.trainsimcommunity.com/

I've bee a member for a while. The mods are good at watching things in regards to toxicity and usually its just a couple of members at a time that are either dealt with or learn to do better. There is absolutely room for criticism in the server, but there have been short lived members that arrived with an attitude that is purely unconstructive and they usually get tossed within a day or so. There are a couple of DTG people in the server too. So while the server isn't made to be pro-DTG; The mods keep on top of making sure discussion is nuanced.

The mood of the server is a pretty good reflection of the general temperament to an announcement at the time. There's been some bad announcements and some good ones.
    Overall, since the communication improved with roadmaps and people explicitly involved with communication things tend to mellow at a reasonable pace.

14. thatyaxthing#3408

thatyaxthing#3408 Member

Thanks!

15. Anthony Pecoraro

16. DTG Alex

I'm happy to see the positive comments on the article and positive nostalgia towards the event! Thank you all for sharing :)

• Like Like x 3
  17. was one of the best things dovetail have done in a long time but please fix the passangers i for one am so sick of starting services and opening the doors to see a whole heap of people coming out of the train in real life a train is empty and passangers are waiting on the platform to go onto the train plus fix the passangers coming off the train at some stations that come off and just stand at front of the doors its a long standing issue on PC Steam even back on TSW2

• Like Like x 2
  18. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I am loving TSW3 but here's what I remember. After the release of SoS DTG saying they weren't releasing any new routes for the foreseeable future so the team could work on bugs and getting them sorted to make TSW2 the best it could be. A couple of weeks later TSW3 is announced and there were some angry people who felt they had been cheated.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...really interesting article to read, many good ideas have flowed in and some things are becoming clearer now! I guess without the commitment of the community managers and the many creative ideas, it would certainly have been just a dry Powerpoint presentation. I also followed the event live on the day of the announcement and was previously convinced that TSW2 will still exist for a while. Because Creators Club was well integrated and the preserved updates were all still pending. Moreover, SOS was already the hit of the year and it looked like an unremarkable summer. So the bigger the surprise was when TSW3 was announced. Absolutely right that the weather aspect was emphasized and the track camera loops really came into their own. Oh, an ICE1 was also shown!

What could be the next big thing? I would tend to the next steam engine(s) or to go fishing at the training center lake. But knowing everything beforehand destroys the surprise and this year was packed enough. So there is still some time for new ideas... ;)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  20. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

I found this artical to be interesting. Although I'd rather they make articals on new routes instead of old stuff

• Like Like x 1
  21. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

YES! Been waiting for this article. Incredible that you had to transition the numerous video loops manually… I‘m imagining an incredibly tired employee waking up at 3AM to flip the switch from spring to summer ;)

More of this in the future, please! Such a great (and evidently successful) way to hype up the product and make everybody excited. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  22. DTG Alex

Thank you so much for sharing the kind words - I'm glad you enjoyed the event and liked the article :D

• Like Like x 1
  23. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Impressive so far and this will increase with the new route