Ambient Sound Improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheDubbPug2211, Oct 14, 2022.

1. TheDubbPug2211

TheDubbPug2211 New Member

Just a thought... when driving around the UK recently the ambient sounds in the world have been quite annoying... all of them seem quite low quality (ten-second loops of bird sounds in rural areas, or the exact same urban sound everywhere I go in a built-up environment). They are honestly beginning to drive me mad just hearing the same constant loop over and over.

I just think it would be great to have a better quality, wider selection of sounds on routes, as I feel like the ambient sound is often undertalked about when it comes to realism :D

Feel free to add thoughts/criticise!

**I thought I'd put it in the main suggestion area of the forum (since it's not a route or loco).**

2. decrepitts#7027

decrepitts#7027 Well-Known Member

RW Enhancer 2 comes with ambient (and other) sound enhancements. That said, I still run RW Enhancer Pro, which does not deal with sounds. Ergo, I have no idea how extensive/worthwhile RWE2's sound enhancements are. Hopefully someone will chime in with that info. Here's the product's sales page. Scroll down to read about its sound effects.

3. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Ambient sounds are route related - there's no "global" sounds. Please understand that TSC is a platform, a modular system. Everybody developing content for it has total freedom over how they decorate their routes and rolling stock.

For example there's a great set of ambient sounds supplied with routes from SAD, but almost none on JustTrains routes.

I do support your suggestion to improve those - but this will not affect already released routes.

Feel free to fire up the Route Editor and replace the sounds yourself, maybe creating and offering your own mod.

11.png

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2022
  4. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

The cricket match in the original IOW done my nut in after a while I will admit. :D:D

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheDubbPug2211

TheDubbPug2211 New Member

Hi - thanks for replying. Yes, I was really only referring to any future route releases by DTG other than the ones that have already been released.

And yeah good idea to go into the route editor to change sounds around, I found the APWL ones to be quite good!