Fishing Sim World View From "across The Big Pond."

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by Trout Bum, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Trout Bum

Trout Bum New Member

Platform: Xbox One
    Gamertag: Zenit Leningrad

First of all, let me say that I was a big fan of Euro Fishing, even though most of my fellow fisherman here stateside aren't familiar with FIPSed/CIPS style competitions for carp, match, or coarse. In my position, I am, and that is why I enjoyed the game so much.

After a few weeks with Fishing Sim World...this game has serious potential. And not just in Europe. Fishing sims in North America are so hit and miss...I think the best one I've ever played was the PS2 version of Cabela's Alaskan Adventures, which was a combo hunting/fishing sim - about 15 years ago. FSW is the most credible and entertaining fishing sim since then IMHO, and I've played a lot of them in that time.

• The graphics are simply incredible, and so is the audio. Being from Minnesota, I love hearing that loon call on Johnson and Boulder...nicely done, lads and ladies.
    • The first "Monster" update cured a lot of niggly small issues. I was more impressed with Dovetail actually listening to their core client base. Well done. EA and 2K should take notice, and take a lesson.
    • The addition of both bass, bluegill, and crappies, and walleye (zander) was VERY welcome and for the most part well thought out. More on that later.
    From a North American standpoint, here is my wishlist for this game:
    • More species - trout? Brookies, rainbows, and brownies?
    • River fishing - Mississippi
    • Big water (Great Lakes, Champlain, Mille Lacs, Lake of the Woods, St. Clair, etc.)
    • Small stream trout fishing, even with just ultralight gear
    • Fly Fishing mode (realize this would be tough)
    • Ice fishing mode (OK, that will NEVER happen, I get it - but look at how many people have paid for Pro Pilkki 2 on Android, that game is published in a language that almost NO ONE understands (Finnish)
    • Lures from USA recognizable companies - Rapala, Strike King, Mepps, Panther Martin, Booyah, Acme, Bagley, etc.
    • Graphics on white and black crappies needs to be a bit more accurate. Bluegills look good.
    • Bluegills are but one species of what we call the "sunfish" family. Redears, Warmouths, Pumpkinseeds, Greens, etc. would be nice variants.
    • Size projections - I found myself holding a chain pickerel that looked like what we would call a "hammer handle" here in MN, and the game tried to tell me it was almost 5 pounds. Uhh, no. Same with black and white crappie. This is surprising as the game does a VERY good job with size projections on bass and walleye.
    • Options other than bass boats - Deep Vees, john boats, etc.
    • Kayak fishing here is blowing up, especially for bass.
    • No one in USA or Canada knows who these gear/tackle/boat/motor sponsors are, maybe save for Sunline. Ranger, Lund, Skeeter, Triton, Alumacraft boats, P-line, Sufix and Berkely lines, St. Croix and Loomis rods, Pflueger and Shimano reels, Yahama, Evinrude, & Mercury motors...that's just a start.
    • Trolling option, featuring Minn-kota trolling motors
    • See the attached clip. Doubtful a trophy walleye and bass will ever be caught on a surface pencil lure within 2 minutes of each other. Also, the walleye fight dynamics might need to be revisited.
    • American style floats (slip bobbers)
    • Panfish tournaments.
    Not meant to be a b***h list, merely suggestions. This is the best Fishing Sim I have seen in over a decade, and it can only get better.

Sean
    US Angling Confederation
    usangling.org

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

No expert on US based fishing bar t.v programmes i've watched. Is there potential for more European traditional fishing methods such as float and ledger tactics on the US waters to catch fish (any species) on future venues? I am sure those methods must still be used to catch? As far as I know currently on both US venues in the game the only method that catches fish are lures (I very briefly tried float fishing worm on Bolder to no success). And Walleye, thought I recognized the look of the fish but it didn't click until you mentioned Zander!!!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trout Bum

Trout Bum New Member

I tried it too on a spot on Johnson where I had previously caught both big bluegill and crappies on a 4-inch pencil lure (HIGHLY unlikely, in real life) but could not get a bite when fishing a float with a worm or maggots. This part of the game needs to be buffed a bit - nearly everyone here that fishes go after panfish in such a manner here.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Duncanmacleod08

Duncanmacleod08 Member

There whole lure only thing on predator fish need to be revisited as nightcrawlers, maggots any little worm like thing is great for crappie, panfish, bass species in game would love to see more bait options for catfish and dead or live bait for pikes.

Bait wishlist
    1. Liver
    2. Shrimp
    3. Berkley powerbaits
    4. Dead bait- roach, carp, herring, smelt, mackerel
    5. Live bait- minnows,goldfish, fresh caught roach,sunfish,rudd, carp
    6. Magic Bait

• Like Like x 2
  5. Trout Bum

Trout Bum New Member

Yep. Right now where I am at is a great time to go out for late season cold water crappies, right before the lakes turn over and just before ice fishing season starts. I was just out on Knife Lake in Mora, MN, typical midwestern medium sized lake with a good supply of panfish, walleyes, northern pike, perch. Caught scads of them for the frying pan and a few 14-15 inch fish (unlike the southern state crappies, that's a big guy here in the Northern Ice Belt) on redworms under a slip bobble, and small Rapala shallow diving cranks. Crappie minnows always a good option as well. So yeah, it would be nice to see that slip bobber option with redworms/maggots/waxworms/mealworms/crappie minnows.

As far as the avid catfish community here near the headwaters of the Mississippi goes, by far their #1 bait of choice is chicken livers. I don't fish for catfish often, but I know a few who do and are nuts for it (Big Muddy up here has scads of good sized channels and flatheads) and use only liver and whatever they can homebrew, never buy any of the premade retail concoctions.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RedDwarf10

RedDwarf10 Member

lakes full of bass but no bass jigs would lie some of them plz