Dtg Don't Care

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Railfan1985, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

I've encountered yet another red light problem on sos. This is on journey chapter. Nothing is being being fixed in tsw2, yet DTG have the balls to release TSW3! I am normally moderative of myself on this forum, but given the [removed - JD - language] that is Tsw3, i feel i am entitled to have a rant. I have spent hundreds of pounds of dlc on tsw2, and what do i get? I get a bug riddled mess. A chimpanzee could do better! I am now seriously pissed off with dtg and their blatant disregard for quality.Instead, they said screw em, they'll buy tsw3, which is MORE bug riddled! Add to that its more expensive. Its a cash grab. Don't buy it folks!, nothing will change, and nothing will be fixed!

Apologies if that made little sense, i had to say something

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 10
  2. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

3. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

I'm really getting your frustration. We were at this point about half a year ago with a big thread about the current state of the game. After this DTG had done a stream regarding to the big problems and bugs and promised to scale back their releasing schedule and focusing on solving those. Look where we are now.

I'm not saying everything is bad with tsw3, there have been some fundamental improvements compared to tsw2 but still, we are lagging those promised fixes that have been around for a really long time now. (Problems like Red Light issues, sudden derailments, trains get stuck in middle of the track, sound bugs etc) and im just talking about the big ones here.

All seems a bit forgotten and they released tsw3, a new Loco DLC (well that shouldn't take them that much time tbh) and announcing two more new routes.

With the release of tsw3 they introduced even more problems, and the list of problems to be solved is growing and growing.

I really hope that this will change and DTG really will take those promises into action as I am of the opinion that this Game and we as players and customers deserve it.

Cheers

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  4. Metallipool

Metallipool Member

I couldn’t agree with you more!! I feel exactly the same after spending a lot of money on dlc‘s for TSW2,and putting in countless hours reaching a level of nearly 400.It seems us TSW2 players who haven’t joined the TSW3 love in have now been completely disregarded,and all bugs and problems are there to stay even tho there have been countless forum posts raising these. Even the PS store has removed the TSW2 dlc‘s,so the few I haven’t got that I wanted are no longer available!! Having to start again when I managed to get a PS5 as been one of the most frustrating problems DTG caused because they have never been able to do the profile transfer,and now this!! makes me wonder if it’s still worth bothering with.

• Like Like x 7
  5. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Can you get me details of which one you're having problems with exactly please?

Thanks
    Matt.

6. Railfan1985

It isn't just this route, the whole game has red light issues! You should be aware of this and focusing on fixing said issues. Now we have tsw3, a bugged mess. Jesus, read the forum, it ain't hard to see the issues! DTG are clueless, and it shows. You asking me for proof is an insult tbh. How the hell are you not aware of the [removed - JD - language] it is? Apparently so unaware, you choose to release tsw3, same bug riddled mess! Ive paid hundreds of pounds for content in tws2. DTG treat players like [removed - JD - language].. We were told a pause were to be place whilst focusing on bugs and fixes. Then tsw3 was announced. Even new players are [removed - JD - language] what the hell is going on?

• Like Like x 4
  7. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Sorry to hear you feel this way. We are working hard at improving the game. Some improvements (Save Game, Dispatcher), as we've mentioned within the Roadmap articles will be worked on for TSW3. Where possible, we will port improvements over to TSW2, but it's likely those improvements will come later than they would in TSW3.

During the period of downtime, we've released a series of patches to improve the game - from the Xbox Audio issue, to releasing a lot of the Preserved Crew releases (some are still to come).

We've also released the Add-ons Manager for TSW2 a few weeks ago, which is no small undertaking.

Work is going on, but we understand there are still challenges players are experiencing, which we'll endeavour to improve. In order to help us, we do ask that you provide more information with reports like this - whilst there are some instances we might be aware of, the more information is always better for us to be able to identify and diagnose issues.

As a side note, moderated for language.

• Like Like x 2
  8. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Everytime I arrive at the red aspect, my heart skips and mind wonders: will it change or not. More often than not it does change but the one I encounter at the Ashford in TSW3 around 09:30 (I don't remember the exact time but it is 9ish service from St Pancras) is permanently red. Meaning, it doesn't change. Even after couple hour wait, the traffic is just stuck.
    Same issue was on GWR (don't remember where and when since I haven't touched that route for over a year).
    Behind some signals (like in real life) you do have to wait for some time. I think my longest has been in MSB that was nearly 40 minutes. On Brighton Mainline (LC) I usually drive slower in both, Victoria and Brighton to avoid sitting behind the red aspect but on that route the timetable also allows to do that.
    I find bigger issues with game crashing all the time as through red aspects you can navigate past by not selecting those services.
    Edit: if I say all the time, I mean Dresden route around Mitte for example. So don't take all the time as all the time but frequent instead. It does feel all the time though :D

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  9. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Sorry Matt but please just look at the Technical Reports forum. Full of countless detailed bug reports but all those seem to be never acknowledged by DTG. Then when threads like this pop up DTG always asks for detailed bug reports. They are already there (not this specific one, I talk generally). Please regularly look at the Technical Reports forum and acknowledge bugs and reports. Then threads auch as this would not be necessary

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Yes, that you did. And you launched it also for TSW2 on PS4 ......... with the result that no scenarios from CC can be played anymore, being them "Off the Rail" or not. Plus: No NOT "route native" locos layer anymore into other routes. Was that the intention? Why did you even bother to launch it for PS4? There´s no DLC limitation on PS4, I´ve got 104GByte running nicely there.
    Needless to tell you: we (the lowely PS4 peons) are not amused.

To be totally fair here: It SEEMS that TSW2 is running smoother than before on PS4 (with less stutter and popping assets). Maybe it has to do with the missing layers and Off the Rail scenarios. Still, the famous "Around Dresden-Mitte Crash" on DRA is still present.

The Technical Report Forum seems like quicksand. Unless the topic gets pinned, everything else will vanish into cyber space.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/cc-scenarios-not-working-after-patch-1-90.60196/

• Like Like x 3
  11. Railfan1985

Yeah, like dtg actually care. You've given up on tws2 and released tws3. You ask for evidence of an issue that a child could spot. Absolutely ridiculous!

• Like Like x 1
  12. DTG JD

Yes, the performance improvements are the primary reason.

Can I ask - when you say CC, do you mean Creators Club, Cathcart Circle, or Cane Creek? :) It certainly isn't something we'd want as a byproduct, so thanks for raising.

13. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Yes, lots of acronyms flying around. Sorry for that!
    I mean "Creator´s Club".

EDIT: Just to add that not only the PS4 in-game performance SEEMS to have improved, also the loading times have decreased. Of course, all subjective and speaking only for myself.

Now: The Creator´s Club scenarios should work!

• Like Like x 1
  14. The_Drunken_Engineer

The_Drunken_Engineer Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. Although DTG have stated they have teams working on new content and the preservation crew, I really felt after watching some streams that DTG were going to take the summer to hammer out the problems that affected TSW2, and to be fair, some problems did get resolved, however, as a ps4 pro player, it seems not much that was done benefited my circumstance. Not interested in the new routes so won't upgrade until something appealing is offered. I just hope we won't be totally ignored if major issues still exist.

I don't expect anything extra at this point but I hope they have respect for the people that bought their product thinking that although issues had to be worked on, muh Rome wasn't build in a day cliché. So the Boston Sprinter safety system actually working eventually. The steam engine having a fireman with coal on his shovel and the rest (although I haven’t played that route in over a month so apologies if I'm mistaken), a working save system. Just things that were promised and really impact the experience. So much does work great, even in my case with 8th gen limitations, but if they don't, why would one continue to support such a state of affairs? Upgrade to TSW3 then a year later have to upgrade to TSW4 to get bugs fixed? I still have faith that DTG will honour their commitments as they seem the honourable sort that wouldn't abandon those that supported them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DTG JD

So just to confirm: Plus: No NOT "route native" locos layer anymore into other routes is still an issue, and the Creators Club scenarios are now working?

16. marcsharp2

Not quite for the Creators Club. I can't download liveries or scenarios via the game (As I have over 100 downloads) but I can download them via the DTG website.

17. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

These are 2 different issues!

The subscribed CC scenarios can be seen in scenario planner, some are accounted for (1/30), some are not (0/30), but they´re not clickable (as per the description and screenshots in the Technical Report thread.) So no, they´re not working.

AND (from the top of my memory):

In example Diesel Legends aren´t anymore seen or drivable other than in GWE. But I had them layered even with AI services in TVL, NTP, WCL, ECW, WSR, SEHS, directly or via CC ..... They (and the Class 66) seem to be restricted to their "home" routes. As is the BR 155 and the BR 204 at the german routes.

That´s what comes to mind right now, but I´ll look it up in detail when I´ve got more time in my hands and send you more screenshots.

18. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Train Sim World 2_20220926164316.jpg Train Sim World 2_20220926164316.jpg Train Sim World 2_20221001101123.jpg Train Sim World 2_20221001101225.jpg Train Sim World 2_20221001101343.jpg

EDIT: Downsized the pics to thumbnails.

19. dr4w4t

dr4w4t Member

I'm not OP but on SOS i got SPAD failure everytime on Journey Chapter 5, the second or third service Manchester to Crewe. I leave the half the station , everytime SPAD.

on PS5

20. marcsharp2

The BR Blue Western is available on ECW as I drove it a couple of weeks ago

21. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Well, you´re not wrong. Class 45 and 47 can be found indeed still there. BUT they get ONE remaining service (actually the same). There were much more services.
    In example I´ve driven Class 37 on ECW and SEHS. See screenshots below. This is gone since Patch 1.90.

SS_Contest_020.jpg SS_Contest_044.jpg Train Sim World 2_20221017160845.jpg Train Sim World 2_20221017160945.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  22. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

This post from JD really does sun up Dovetail Games attitude.

He appears to imply what a wonderful job they have done releasing the Add-ons Manager for TSW2. This is after players have waited over a year and still are if they purchased TSW3 and this ignores the fact that DTG knew about the issue even before the PS5 console was released.

Rushour more than a year old and still no Rushour passengers on London Commuter. This route was all about DTG seeing how many services they could include in a single route. Many of these journeys are just a few minutes long so from a player’s perspective pretty pointless and as a result we were and still are faced with red light issues and the missing passengers.

He then mentions the releases from the Preserved Crew some of which we were told was ready many months ago.

Remember the stream where we were told they had put new routes on hold whilst they dealt with the issues that had literally caused uproar in the community. Well that wasn’t the truth was it. How many times have they apologised and said they have learnt lessons.

Then to top it all JD comes on and it feels as though he is congratulating DTG on the progress and yet you only have to look at the number of posts in the TSW3 feedback thread to see little progress has actually been made.

• Like Like x 7
  23. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

I understand your complaints. But I wouldn´t make it personal. JD "just works there" and in no comfortable position. Been there, done that. In similar positions anyway, it´s always the same story when you have to deal directly with the customer with little backup from the company. How do you defend them? I´ve got a feeling that the bean counters have WAY too much input allowance at DTG. Just my humble feeling, yet an educated guess. The fish stinks from the head...

• Like Like x 1
  24. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Plus there is the fact, as mentioned in one of the many Peninsula Corridor threads, a bug is reported through the Support portal, gets a yes we can reproduce it and has been logged, then closes the report. Sorry, until the bug is actually fixed or an admission made it can't be fixed, the tickets should remain open.

Also if, as now seems apparent, some scenarios like Chopper And Change on TVL, are never getting fixed, just delete them from the game and where they are part of Journey mode sub something else instead - that is tested and known to work.

The remote SPADs on SoS are a total disgrace, being carried forward into TSW3 without it seems the slightest effort to correct the issue. This was supposed to be the flagship DLC for TSW in 2022, now it just looks forlorn and forgotten.

Don't get me wrong, I like TSW and wouldn't be here posting otherwise. Heck, since the save game is resolved I have even been spending more time on BML. I will never love the Electrostars but you have to appreciate the scale of the route and the work Joe put into the timetable, which now stands up much better. But even there, why after over a year has the missing section of track st Redhill not been fixed, Reigate tidied up and the various missing limeside fencing added?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  25. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There is only one railtour service on ECW. The layer requires NTP for the service and carriages and the locos that can be driven on it were the Class 45 and 47 from NTP, the Class 31 and 37 from TVL, and the included Class 66. I’m not sure if locos released after ECW, such as Class 20 or the Diesel Legends Class 52 could be used as substitution but there was definitely only the one railtour in ECW. SEHS had four railtour services with slightly different locos available to use. Any more services above those numbers would be Creators Club scenarios.

26. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Sadly lots of Devs do this, even Asobo with MSFS. Report a bug and it gets instantly marked as "resolved" because they already logged it. Really silly if you ask me but im no Developer...

• Like Like x 1
  27. jon_mann

jon_mann Member

For ECW you are correct in that there was only ever 1 service for the layered locos, but since the add on manager update, for me at least, only the Class 45 and 47 from NTP appear as extra locos to choose. This was not the case before as I did this particular service using the class 37 from TVL.

• Like Like x 2
  28. David Malburn

David Malburn Member

Hi DTG , Just so you know Creators Club is not working
    The subscribed CC scenarios can be seen in scenario planner, some are accounted for (1/30), some are not (0/30), but they´re not clickable (as per the description and screenshots in the Technical Report thread.) So no, they´re not working. They are there but will not start

• Like Like x 2