Tsw3 Oakville Feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by zorbsie#9738, Sep 6, 2022.

1. zorbsie#9738

zorbsie#9738 Well-Known Member

Looks like a lot of work went into updating this route and as the only Canadian route, I really appreciate it. Textures look great and the new(old) sky looks so much better than the old(old) sky. :)

Just a couple of things to report as bugs.
    Issue Summary: Horns for both trains are too soft. Can barely hear it in cab and using external camera it's not louder at all.
    Platform: Xbox series X

Issue Summary: Achievements are not unlocking.
    I have completed all the achievements in TSW2, so that might be the issue. But I redid all training modules and "OSD: Master Class" didn't unlock. I'm already at route level 21. So maybe when I hit 22 the "OSD: Planting Roots" achievement will unlock. Currently going through the scenarios to see if "OSD: All in a Day's Work" unlock after doing them again in TSW3.

Will update this if anything unlocks later on. Hopefully it's not like this for other routes where the achievement requirement has already been meet.

UPDATE: The achievement for reaching level 20 did unlock after I got to the next route level. Still nothing for doing the training modules. Haven't redone all the scenarios yet to find out if that will unlock.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

I really appreciate the effort that went into this DLC. It is beautiful and fun to play.
    Even though you can still run into glitches that prevent you from loading ethanol, the sandbox-style setup in the southern part usually allows you to work your way around such things and finish scenarios in spite of the glitch.

3. bassman612

bassman612 Member

I also enjoy the route, but really wish the tank cars could be filled in timetable mode like they did in TSW 2020. I recently did a service that was to fill 5 cars and then bring them back to the yard. All I ended up doing is taking the cars to the ethanol pumps, waiting 10 minutes, then bringing them back empty. At least I gave the tankers a nice ride, but I would have liked to actually fill them.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Wait, you can't fill the tank cars anymore?

Classic DTG- remove actual gameplay for no reason at all.

Shame as this route really had potential but it's just been mishandled at every step.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

You have to get out and fill them manually.

6. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

You can only fill them in scenarios, not in timetable mode.
    In timetable mode, you can mount the hose to the hatch and open the valve, but the tankers don't fill.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
  7. bassman612

bassman612 Member

That is what happened to me. I was doing a timetable service. I hooked up all 5 cars to the ethanol pumps and turned them on, but they wouldn't fill. I could just try and pretend they filled, but then the train is way too light to simulate full tankers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

I absolutely love CN Oakville myself. Of course being Canadian that’s probably just our thing.

I have also ran into the ethanol loading glitch in the timetable service. Another glitch I have run into is being unable to operate after returning to first person mode in the Introduction services. It almost seems like it locks you out and then even if you do a restart or go back to the main menu and try again, it still does it. Every time.

Other than those two things that I’ve run into the only other thing that kind of tweaks my annoyance a little bit is that I cannot access these locomotives and cars in the livery designer. I am hoping that’s an oversight and not a permanent lacking feature.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

When I first purchased Oakville (at a great discount) I regarded it as rather boring and one of the most pointless routes in the game. However, lately I have found myself on it a few times doing scenarios in Journey Mode and actually quite enjoying the experience. Whether the improvements and overhaul have enhanced the experience I can't say for sure, but the older locos and general atmosphere are quite agreeable. If only it was a bit longer in length - Toronto to Niagara or even Buffalo would have been nice, adding in a bit of passenger action too.

10. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

They’re supposed to be adding a bit of (reskinned) passenger AI as part of the Pres Crew update, but I don’t believe a date was given for release.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I don't think they are making reskins. They just plan to use the default Caltrain Baby Bullet stock as stand in Go Transit trains.

12. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't recall the team saying about reskinning the Baby Bullet for OSD. So unless DTG actually have a GO Transit license that we're not aware of, pretty sure it'll just be in its default Caltrain Livery.

13. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

That’s a shame but some passenger traffic however fictitious is welcome.

14. OldVern

Shame they couldn't have done a non branded semi fictional livery as Rivet did with their 484 stock for the IOW refresh.
    I'm guessing the route in reality sees GO, VIA and cross border from Niagara Amtrak traffic?

15. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yes

16. OldVern

A real missed opportunity then, if it had gone from Toronto to Niagara. We could have had a Joe timetable and a really good time!

17. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It's certainly going to look very strange to see the Caltrain livery on the Canadian route, much as I enjoy driving the Baby Bullet.

The Oakville Sub's stars have been crossed since Day1. Such potential. Such a disappointment.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  18. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Oakville is a lovely little route although it doesnt have a lot of what it should have more cartic services and Intermodal services.

They seem to have focused more on the Petro chemical side of things. Also perhaps more services moving wagons to and from the Wagon works in the industrial zone as well. And of course the lack at the moment of passenger services. Hopefully as well s seeing new passenger services we also see the addition if intermodal services AND longer trains. As well as more services to and from the National Steel Car Wagon Works.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.2546609,-79.8011606,778a,35y,15.94h,33.52t/data=!3m1!1e3

Hoping that the Baby Bullet could be used but in a "neutral" White "canvas" for all the budding artistes out there to do their Thang!!

Cheers

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  19. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I can imagine the Scenario Intro:

" Due to unforseen equipment shortages, the Government of Ontario has borrowed a number of locomotives from the California Department of Transportation to ensure continued operation of some passenger services. Drive this Baby Bullet etc, etc. ".

• Like Like x 2
  20. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Dtg won't do unbranded/fictional liveries lol. Rivet well did not have a choice but they are still in talks with swr to be able to make swr routes and stuff.

21. OldVern

Well we know they must have agreement with Amtrak as they are in Boston Sprinter. Hopefully VIA would not prove an obstacle either.

• Like Like x 1
  22. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Well dtg weren't ever able to get that license even for tsc and weren't able for tsw so I doubt we'll see it. Lots of tocs in the us don't want their livery in the game and haven't said yes to dtg for licenses which is why we don't have those in tsw.

23. OldVern

Well I suppose for Canada you could go back to the pre VIA/GO era when services were operated by CN or CP directly, though that might not appeal to those who like a more modern setting.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

A semi-fictional livery would be better
    Good thinking… how far back would one have to go?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Mid 1970s
    Screenshot_20221019-133638_Wikipedia.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

DTG actually used to sell one VIA Rail train... the P42DC. The original P42DC pack for Train Simulator Classic (then RailWorks 2 I believe) as jointly developed by G-Trax and DTM included the Amtrak Phase V and 40th Anniversary liveries, as well as a VIA Rail* P42DC. It was of course later removed when DTG re-released the P42DC in the "Empire Builder" DLC, and if vague memory of G-Trax's website serves me well, the VIA Rail skin was removed because the company was not comfortable with their trains being able to virtually derail and crash in the game.

*I've just double checked and it appears that the original VIA Rail skin was unbranded (like Metra trains on the Racetrack) but someone made a patch to add the logos back.
    upload_2022-10-19_23-56-30.png
    [​IMG]

There's some super deep Train Simulator lore for you lot.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  27. DarkWolf

DarkWolf Active Member

I too think they missed an opportunity to add alot of variety in delivering cars to all those various sidings and industries they modelled but you end up almost always taking tank cars to the same couple of places. Especially when the ethanol loading mechanics don't work in timetable. It would be funner to shift a cut of boxcars over to some factory than have to sit and wait 10/20 minutes not really doing anything.

I was hoping they might add some whistle boards to the main line too. Its hard to squint ahead and spot the crossings in time at 60mph, especially in low visibility or at night.

I was also disappointed to see the buildings still missing textures in the winter.

[​IMG]

DW

• Like Like x 2
  28. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

I too questioned the lack of W boards back in 2020 when I first obtained the game and noticed it particularly once I started in Oakville. I see still nothing has happened with that. It's a North American railway standard!

29. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

I just run one timetable service and it is still broken... empty so and forth... :(