New Smoke Particles From Sos For Diesels

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Oct 19, 2022.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if I could sense check something. When SOS released the steam particles seemed to perform better than the diesel particles of old in that if you panned camera over top of old DMU's it heavily impacted FPS.

With all the new routes being inbound will any prospective DMU's be taken advantage of the new particles ?

2. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

This question (using the new particle effect system with diesel locomotives) was asked around the launch of SoS and the answer was, perhaps unsurprisingly, "We'll look into it."

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Yeah I think that was my recollection too. It just popped into my head tonight mucking about with Rivets 37 and seeing it halve the frame rate to 30 as the "2" cam panned over the top of the exhausts.

4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I don't even know when was the last time I saw actual exhaust smoke coming from a diesel train in TSW. I remember the smoke effects looked really cool when they first were introduced to Great Western Express, but since then most diesel trains seem to run perfectly clean with no smoke at all.

5. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

Yeah i've experienced a fps drop, even a stutter when panning my outside camera on the top of ES44C4 in CJP. It's clearly caused by the exhaust smoke particle.

6. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

The work has been started but not finished, shelved for more important things like fixes at the moment but it's something I want to get back to.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 3