Crr Helper Pairs?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by blaze111csx, Oct 23, 2022.

1. blaze111csx

blaze111csx Well-Known Member

Okay so I remember awhile back people playing CRR complained that they had helper engines they couldn't use... Now I thought that had been pached but I can't find a way to use the helper engines anywhere. pehaps someone could inform me what I'm doing wrong, or if this is still a problem?
    (I tried manually driving the distrubuted power using an external camera but for some odd reason the F7 engines (which were leading) shut off after about 5 minutes and wouldn't restart. anyone know about that?)

2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Manually is the only way but better is to use [Ctrl][+] [Ctrl][-] buttons combo for cab switching

3. blaze111csx

blaze111csx Well-Known Member

ohh ok then :(

• Like Like x 1
  4. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I really hoped and expected that whilst they where working on the F7 for CJP that they'd take the opportunity to add a banking comm and back port it to the original, sadly it seems it wasnt to be.

• Like Like x 1
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I think that even a virtual not modeled in-cab "radio" magic button for this (global binding) could be better solution than no solution.

• Like Like x 1
  6. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Theres a radio asset which we've seen in some of the 1970's & 80's UK locos to contact the signaler, which could easily be requestioned to act as a banking comm in the F7.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

A fix was promised when CRR was released without banking com, but has never been mentioned since. I think you can assume it's never going to happen.

I suppose it falls into the category of " if we keep quiet and wait long enough, the players will forget about it ". And, like the RH passengers for BML and the signals for BPE, they are probably on a safe bet.

( Actually, there is a glimmer of a chance for the BPE signals, if they plan on releasing a current version of the Acela. )

• Like Like x 4
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s quite easy to inadvertently change the transition while under power which will stop the engine. Very easy if you play with a controller and think you are controlling the brakes but you are still on the transition lever as they are on the same controls. I don’t know how easy it is to make the same error with a keyboard/mouse arrangement but trying to control the rear loco from an external camera might make such mistakes easier to make overall due to all the extra stuff you need to do.

9. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Let's be honest. Despite what MP and others have said, it's a farce.

I don't have the dexterity/coordination or, frankly, the desire to be jumping around between locos, trying to control them through an opened window.

DTG should have dealt with this ommission last year as was promised, or this year, during the so- called " bug fixing hiatus ".

But no. Instead, we can't drive a number of services in CRR and we have to put up with underpowered consists and comically short trains in CJP.

• Like Like x 4