Harlem Line: Any List Of Playable Services?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dux of Fatumnia, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Dux of Fatumnia

Dux of Fatumnia New Member

Today I bought the Metro North Harlem Line Addon for TSW3. I have so far played seven different services, but of those I was only able to complete three. On four of those services, I was stopped a few miles ahead of the final station of the service because of a very long pile-up of AI trains that couldn't continue because the AI train in the front doesn't move.

I read quite a number of similar complaints on various platforms on the internet about this problem. I remain with two questions:
    1. Is DTG aware of this problem (for TSW3) and are they working on a fix?
    2. Does anyone have a list of services that are actually playable and that can be completed without AI pile-up?
    Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

1. Yes but really slowly. There's a lot of technical issues involved.

2. No, that would take too long lol. Someone would have to play every single service to figure that out

3. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

So the harlem line dlc is broken in tsw3?

Didnt play since update.

4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Well it's been since tsw2. There were lots of reports of red light issues and a patch in tsw fixed some of them but still a lot remain

• Like Like x 1
  5. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

It seems that the "most broken" services are the ECS moves, especially to Crestwood, so you might try to avoid these. However, even most of these can be completed successfully by spawning in and taking over the service, as opposed to just selecting the service from the timetable menu. Good luck.

6. Dux of Fatumnia

I haven't tried any ECS services yet, but of the 9 passenger services I attempted now, 6 could not be completed due to an AI traffic jam. I will try your spawning on foot workaround, thanks for the suggestion.

7. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

That seem to explain why i have almost no problems. I always spawn on foot and take over 3-10 min prior to departure. This on every route with every service.

Never understood why people like to select their service over menu and have literally 7 seconds for train preparation.
    Static duties and train preparation is half of the fun.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Dux of Fatumnia

I agree with that. I usually start by selecting one service, then continue on foot for a few follow-up services.

However, unfortunately, I tried a few services spawning on foot this afternoon, but the problem still occurs. I got only one successful service towards White Plains, express. Those shorter services are the only one I can complete because they are finished before the AI traffic jam has had enough time to build. However, any stopping service gets the problem. I spawned on foot at White Plains and took over a service to GCT. Halfway, I noticed that there were no more AI trains coming in the opposite direction, so I looked at the the map, and yes, there was a queue of 5 AI trains again blocking the entrance to GCT. GCT was completely empty by now, but the first train in the queue had an infinite red light.

Searching on the internet, this problem seems to occur for some and not for others, without any clear cause or reason.

9. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

Very true.
    At least one problem seems to be that the ECS service Train 2331 GCS to Crestwood (starting at 8:14) can't reach its destination because it is routed to a wrong platform. So the train just stops somewhere close to Tuckahoe and the follow-up trains pile up behind.
    When this happened to me, I took over this service (the first train in the row) and drove it to Crestwood where I arrived at platform 1 while the objective marker points to track 4 (see picture below).
    Harlem01.jpg
    If you start the service as a player, you have to stop at a red signal (CP116 1N) that turns green as soon as the objective is checked. After that, you go over the next set of switches to the left to platform 4.
    Somehow the AI can't perform this properly. The game seems to fail to set the switches, while the AI train waits forever at the (then green) signal CP116 1N for this to happen.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1