Awesome Tsw Service Mode Runs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JustWentSouth, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

For SEHS (TSW3) on the 465, 5A96 Strood to Slade Green Sidings (Part 2) is really enjoyable if you like red signals.

• Like Like x 5
  2. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I am really enjoying the new Hamburg Lubeck timetable. There are some really enjoyable new services (including shunting) and the new AI brings the route alive. I found this pair of ICE 406 runs to recommend:

ICE ECS Hamburg Hbf - Lubeck Hbf at 07:19
    Shortly after the start, you find active magnets when you get behind an RB 31 service.

ICE 1581 Lubeck Hbf - Munchen Hbf at 14:14
    The run starts behind an RE 8 service and then has a platform wait at Hamburg for a really nice bit of AI.

• Like Like x 3
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Improvements to HBK are outstanding \o/ Shunting with G6 for our disposal!

• Like Like x 3
  4. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Now that the locos of the New Journey's Expansion have finally been released on TSW3, I want to bring to attention the Silver 1972 Mark 2 Stock. I know some are wondering 'does it add any services to the new Bakerloo Timetable that isn't it simply subbing into what's already available?' and to that answer... You're in for a surprise.

All I will say is, it is 4 services and the rest... you can find out for yourselves (if you have the silver 1972 Stock as part of the NJ expansion that is).

5. JustWentSouth

Why yes I do enjoy red signals! They all eventually turn yellow:
    Train Sim World 3®   10_25_2022 6_57_04 PM.png

I also enjoyed the maneuver in Part 1 of the service. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  6. JustWentSouth

Are you referring to the 747-3 through 747-6 services for the 4 car 1972 Tube Stock in the new timetable?

7. JustWentSouth

I found another gem in the new Hamburg Lubeck timetable:

89408 Lubeck Gbf - Rothenburgsort at 14:50.

You get held up at the start by some fascinating AI. Near the end you have PZB action due to regional trains in both direcions.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Yes I am.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

RhB pack Arosa Linie service 5417F, departure 06:51

20221027092352_1.jpg

Freight service, may long waits due to signal aspects and shunting on a 6% grade. Great fun!

• Like Like x 2
  10. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Did it yesterday!.
    Really enjoyed. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. grdaniel48

Did it yesterday.
    Very interesting!
    Thank you.
    I selected light rain about weather, which it turned into a thunder storm later!
    Was more challenging, as the AFB could not control the wheel spins, as it also makes the locomotive goes faster than the selected speed!.

It is a pity now on TSW3 you can not do that kind of Scenario, due to there is no path linking both freight terminals!
    Even the train departing Lubeck freight terminal goes on the wrong left track to Hamburg!
    I reported that on other thread.
    Hopes this be fixed soon.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JustWentSouth

I really enjoyed those runs. It was quite a challenge to deal with the adverse signals yet stay above 20 mph as long as possible so you could keep the water jets on.

With that, we have the latest update:

TSW3 Recommended Service Runs:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...4lUuBrw-k2_y7FxuzH6mZ1m3Qu4YTfLViTfxQ/pubhtml

TSW Compatible Recommended Service Runs:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet..._wzt7qTCooxSTBW8pGAwYLs_ohsdDOcQOuZ4A/pubhtml

Chaos Runs:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...yCTbHVZrwBSBUUkPiiJGlTWfRXexfPn7kBVDw/pubhtml

For those who prefer the direct link to the spreadsheets rather than the Google "Published" Version:

TSW3 Recommended Service Runs
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ouid=108028767534258522758&rtpof=true&sd=true

TSW Compatible Recommended Service Runs
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14YgilvnKZFc7TJXyqftRJ0I5yTMlMf81/view?usp=sharing

Chaos Runs
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cMKrwNA2OmZz8tVEQo1_FZnRZXpNT463/view?usp=sharing

• Like Like x 1
  13. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Here's another for Harlem, M3 #2356 ECS Crestwood to GCT. Deal with ATC straight through to 125th, then upon arrival to GCT, you think it's over, but it's not over. Just sit back and enjoy the show.

14. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

This is one area of the game that I've not overly explored yet, I'd say I've done less than 10 timetable runs, much preferring to perfect the scenarios and also make my own scenarios. I think with the DLC I have I have around 1100 timetable services so maybe I should get on this actually.

• Like Like x 1
  15. andyscotland

I think freight can do maximum 75mph depending on freight class, some less

16. andyscotland

What does have priority on the railways anyway, is it freight or express intercity services?

17. JustWentSouth

Found a nice ECS service on
    SEHS TSW3: 5T75 Maidstone West to St Pancras Int'l at 19:38 with the 395.

Run it in May for the beautiful sunset lighting.

You get a power changeover without a passenger stop at Ebbsfleet. Can this be done on the fly? I could only pull it off coming to a quick stop. And then:

There is TVM action at Stratford. If you hustle, you can see the train causing your red still at the platform. At St Pancras, there is an interesting platform stop.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  18. grdaniel48

Well,...it depends on the country.
    It is supposed express trains have priority.
    I saw videos on Germany where the freight train are stopped, and an ICE pass by.
    I believe this is common in Europe.

But in the USA, as most of the tracks were built by the freight companies, then have priority and passengers ones have to wait for them.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Here in Czech Republic, passenger trains USUALLY take priority, but I've seen local passenger trains diverted in a station to let a freight train pass - my local route has a lower max speed and a fair amount of stops, so freight can be faster than stopping train.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Legally speaking, Amtrak also has priority over freight trains in the U.S., but since the freight operators also act as dispatcher, in practice it means they try their best to do what they can within the bounds of the law to make Amtrak wait.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  21. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

Amtrak has a great interactive map, showing where all their trains are and how late (or even, occasionally, early!) they are. I note that currently the westbound Southwest Chief (Chicago-LA) is 3¼ hours late (when I caught it, admittedly 20 years ago, it was 8 hours late).
    https://www.amtrak.com/services/maps.trainlocation.html
    Via Rail (Canada) services can be even more delayed, their flagship Canadian transcontinental service is sometimes 2 or even 3 days late (to be fair, their weather can be quite severe!)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
  22. JustWentSouth

There are some really fun ECS services on SEHS TSW3 with the 465. Here are two I enjoyed:

5L94 Dartford to Strood
    at 06:49.
    A number of waits at traffic choke points with interesting AI, most of which has priority over you. Most of the waits are "scheduled" but there may be a surprise. Best run with the HUD off, but turn it back on whenever you stop.

5L90 Dartford to Gillingham Up Siding at 00:09.
    Much less traffic and in many ways a bit more laid back than 5L94, but
    you still start behind a passenger run and deal with it to Gravesend.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. JustWentSouth

More ECS goodness on SEHS TSW3, this time with the 395:

5T91 Maidstone West to St Pancras at 18:26
    This includes an on the fly power changeover which can be done with persistent pushing on the Pan Up Shoes Down Button.

You get behind a Dartford Service at Gravesend. If you hustle, you can see it leave the platform. Then, there is TVM action around Stratford including a very gradual walk down in speed. TVM is fun and almost as challenging as PZB.

If you run HUDless, the stopping point at St Pancras in only halfway down your platform which is unoccupied.

24. JustWentSouth

One more ECS run on SEHS TSW3 and this one is a personal favorite; it is GOAT nominee material.

5F55 Faversham to St Pancras at 17:35 with the 395

The AI is very impressive. If you run it in the fall, you get RHTT AI and a nice sunset. The maneuver at the end is fun and once you are done, you are set up to run another service to Faversham if you want. You get the on the fly power changeover at Ebbsfleet as well. But, what really makes this run immersive is:

You are behind another Javelin headed to St Pancras and start dealing with it near Rainham. It is very cool to deal with traffic using two different safety systems in the same run.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  25. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

1F50 on south Eastern High speed is another great service due to not stopping at gravesend or Strood, I had to remind myself not to stop at those stations.

• Like Like x 2
  26. stanciupushing

stanciupushing New Member

Really awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  27. JustWentSouth

Amazing AI on that run, including watching two units couple together just to your right as you leave St Pancras.

With that, here is an update. So many great runs on SEHS!

TSW3 Recommended Service Runs:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...4lUuBrw-k2_y7FxuzH6mZ1m3Qu4YTfLViTfxQ/pubhtml

TSW Compatible Recommended Service Runs:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet..._wzt7qTCooxSTBW8pGAwYLs_ohsdDOcQOuZ4A/pubhtml

Chaos Runs:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...yCTbHVZrwBSBUUkPiiJGlTWfRXexfPn7kBVDw/pubhtml

28. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

Thanks for this tip! Loved it!

• Like Like x 1
  29. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed 5U11 Birmingham New Street to Four Oaks on BCC,

Its a early morning empty stock move up to Four Oaks and you are following a stopping service all the way North with yellow and reds the order of the day. Its timed so you cant trundle along at low speed all the way so constantly on your toes ensuring you don't get any penalty break applications for over speeding when approaching reds.

Highly recommended.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. lupojohn

lupojohn Active Member

Silly question, but how do I "spawn"? I want to try that Great Western Express run at Reading Upper Depot.

Do I go into Free Roam at 6:20? Will the train just be waiting for me?

Never done this before, so not sure what to do here.

31. JustWentSouth

I wanted to finish out the 101 services on SKW before I moved on to BCC. I found this one:

NJ 491 Hamburg-Altona to Wien HBF at 00:13 with the 101

The timetable description is not accurate. This service goes all the way to Wurzberg. Max speed is 160 kph.

It is a very immersive run, especially if you run your own LZB braking curves. You can do this by using the electric brake separately with the . and , buttons. Or, better yet, run without AFB. To do so requires knowing the route so that you can anticipate the uphill and downhill gradients as well as the transitions from one to another. This run is enjoyable because of the amazing freight AI on the line. You only see one other passenger service which is a northbound ICE that you pass around 1:20 am - I would love to drive this as well, but could not find it in the timetable. South of Fulda, you . . .

. . . catch up with a freight service requiring that you drive very smoothly to avoid a complete stop. I didn't and wound up 16 minutes late.

32. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Nice recommendation, that was a good one, thanks. Makes for a long shift if you decide to do the run to Redditch straight after.

• Like Like x 1
  33. JustWentSouth

Load up the GWE route and go into timetable mode. Select the Original Release Timetable. Select On Foot in the upper left. Page through the locations until you get Reading Upper Triangle Depot and select 06:20 as the time. Once you click Play Now, you will spawn and the rear of the train you should drive will be directly in front of you. Walk to the lead cab, click on the seat, and take over the service. It is 5P14. Take it to Reading, load passengers, and close the doors. When the menu reappears, click Return to Free Roam, and you will be in the cab for an 06:37 departure of service 2P14.

Climbing into a loco and taking over a service is one of the true joys of TSW!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. lupojohn

lupojohn Active Member

Right. Thanks. Still on TSW2, so may not have two different timetables, but I'll do the rest of what you said.

35. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

Very interesting run, thank you.

36. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

This train is actually Bound to Innsbruck Hbf & Wien Hbf due to the Laaers 560s on the Back which is NJ40491 Hamburg Altona to Innsbruck Hbf via Hamburg Hbf. From the OBB website, this is supposed to arrive at Wurzberg at 02:06.

• Like Like x 1
  37. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

I just drove this in TSW3, and it was greens all the way. It was a bit weird because there’s still time allowed in the timetable for all the signal checks, so you sit around for ages at each station awaiting time, but you never catch another train. I assume the train (or trains) which used to get in the way must have been removed, but the timetable hasn’t been amended to reflect that.

38. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Got any stopping passenger jubilee service for SOS that you could recommend?

39. JustWentSouth

Yes! The 14:59 London to Liverpool service is excellent. Be on the watch for distant signals. I have not run it in a while, but assume the timetable is the same:
    Watch for distant signals - a challenge not to SPAD. You catch up to a local service at Runcorn.

The last time I ran it, an AI SPAD ended the run beyond Edge Hill. So, you might just want to end it there or keep on going to see if that has been fixed.

If you try it, please post your experience here.

• Like Like x 2
  40. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Brum X-City, try out 2G82 and depart about 19:20 ish (delay of ~8mins). You may get held up and see some interesting stuff...

• Like Like x 2
  41. TSW Nathan

Sorry, I should of said. I tried doing that service and it came out with “Error, Out of video memory.”
    (I'm playing on an Xbox one S). Any lighter services that might not crash my console please? :) (No offence. This is well known bug. I should've known it might not work).

• Like Like x 1
  42. JustWentSouth

I hope that gets fixed soon. It really is a great run. I haven’t come across another like it in the SoS timetable. The rest of the passenger runs I have tried have been straightforward.

• Like Like x 1
  43. driverwoods#1787

I present another SEHS TSW 3 rush hour mode Run.
    2K58 Sheerness to London Victoria on 465/9
    From the midpoint of Chatham all the way to your end destination Rochester you need to deal with Yellow Signals due to the 395 ahead of you. When you are at chatham around 06:55-06:58 on this service use the DRA use you don't want to get a Game ending SPAD. After the Yellow Signal at Chatham once the 395 has left at Rochester proceed with the Green signal. Then end the service.
    I did this in Journey Mode.
    This service enounters a SPAD Risk due to the Platform Signal being Yellow and the Signals between Chatham and Rochester having a Danger Aspect.
    Watch this video from the Electrostar George Channel for SPAD Risk 1 & 2 which applies to 2K58.

• Like Like x 2
  44. JustWentSouth

Interesting video! The 2K58 run seemed relatively straightforward for me though. The only red I encountered was at the end at Rochester. Did I miss anything?

45. driverwoods#1787

What I did was actually leave early from Gillingham to Rochester via Chatham then you are going to encounter the Double Yellow signal at Chatham

• Like Like x 1
  46. JustWentSouth

I found an excellent RHTT service on Birmingham Cross-City:

3S02 Kings Norton Depot to Kings Norton Depot (Part 4) at 14:54

Run it in the fall. The service starts at Birmingham New Street and ends at Bromsgrove. There is a bit of a wait at the start. The AI is impressive, including a northbound RHTT. Coordinating the cleaning jets’ limit of 20 mph with the adverse signals is quite a challenge.

You leave New Street behind a 323 service bound for Redditch. You get some parallel running with that service just before Longbridge where you stop again and wait for it to leave.

This one is good!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  47. TSW Nathan

Shame. Sounds great but I don't have RHTT. Didn't see much point in it really. Just my opinion.

48. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Having just gotten around to purchasing the TSW2 route Horseshoe Curve, I want to recommend a really terrific switching service: It's called "Evening Tidy Up" and you'll find it right at the bottom of the list. Without giving too much away, I will just note that there are a few tricky maneuvers involved and it isn't necessary to be in a hurry, so it's possible to enjoy the gradual progression into darkness as well. Don't miss this one!

• Like Like x 1
  49. JustWentSouth

This was excellent. I ran it in August for full daylight to see the AI.

50. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

This is a follow-up to my recommendation 2 messages up in this list: again on the TSW2 Horseshoe Curve route, which I'm running in TSW3: This one is a timetable service titled "Juniata Switching" that runs a bit over an hour. It begins under cloudy skies that eventually turn nasty: thunder, heavy rain, and yes, lightning (so -- dynamic weather, which I thought had yet to be applied to TSW2 activities run under TSW3).
    Unfortunately, this and "Evening Tidy Up" are the lonely-only switching activities available on this route.

• Like Like x 1