Leipzig Talent 2 (2021) Really Slow?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by atledreier, Oct 27, 2022.

1. atledreier

atledreier Member

This train feels really underpowered, struggling to accelerate, and very hard to keep to the timetables. I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong, but I can't see any brakes on, at least.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I do not experience the same, but it is hard to help you with the information provided. If you could make a short video or upload some screenshots we might be able to help you better.
    One idea is to check if you have released the parking brake and raised the panthograph and closed the circuit breaker - there have been issues with these before, not sure what has been fixed and if thats the problem though :)

3. atledreier

atledreier Member

If I don't release the parking brake the train won't move at all. And I have power, and the train drives, just doing so rather slowly. Surely with the pantograph down or the circuit breaker open the train wouldn't move?
    I'll double check, and record a video of what I'm seeing ( my startup procedure and getting going) so you can maybe spot some goof I'm making (entirely possible, and likely).

4. atledreier

atledreier Member

Ok, looking into this further, and the issue is with the services with two trainsets. I tried a shorter train with just one set of coaches, and it accelerated as expected. So, I'm probably not setting it up correctly to have all motors pulling? Is that a thing?

5. atledreier

atledreier Member

Here's an example of the slow acceleration. Added the HUD to show there's no brakes on, and no wheelspin.

6. atledreier

atledreier Member

Here's an example of a shorter train that accelerate as expected

7. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

I cannot see your videos unfortunately. Just tell me, are you taking over double traction trains at Leipzig main station after spawning on foot?
    Because I think I remember doing that once when I realized that the AI drivers (atypically) power down BOTH trains before you take over and you have to power up BOTH trains from inside their respective cabs again, if you don't want the second set trailing behind dead and dark (and most probably slowing you down badly).

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  8. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

If you have the problems with the double trainsets, I believe the problem is that the second train does not take power, hence close the circuit breaker again. I cannot see the screen on the left in your first video, double check on the screen that both trains do the same thing, I believe this was a typical issue and only the first train is applying power, dragging along the second, hence the slow acceleration.

Edit: Just checked, the screens seem to have lost their power to display anything in TSW3, but in TSW2 you would see the little symbols and blue bars moving up and down :/ Anyway, try the circuit breaker and hopefully that will help.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. atledreier

atledreier Member

I'll have a look at that tomorrow! It sure seems like the second train is dead weight currently.

10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Try Cold Starting both trains that can fix the Issue. The Same Scenario happened to me on Riesa-Dresden the 07:26 Grossenhain Dresden Hbf RE15/18. What I did at Coswig or Weinbohla to solve the rear unit dead weight issue was to Cold Start the rear unit since I already did cold start the Front Unit at Grossenhain Cottbuser Bahnhof. Try this method first if not send a message to Technical support

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

If this is a bug it needs to be fixed. Is DTG aware?

12. atledreier

atledreier Member

Coldstarting and making sure both trainsets are powered fixes this.

13. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

But if you do this you most likely run late. If its a bug (it is), it needs to be fixed by DTG

• Like Like x 1
  14. jingyu.park

jingyu.park New Member

I experience the same, when it is only doubled formation.

Acceleration takes longer than single formation.

I also found traction motor sounds cut out after first formation(leading) pass.

Obviously, carriages of rear formation are just pulled, no acceleration, no braking electrically.
    (maybe braking pneumatically works?)

I hope DTG will figure this out and fix it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
  15. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

DGT when will this be fixed?

16. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

I'm also having problems with the Dostos control cabin on the RT. After turning on all systems, traction does not turn on. All the time a red square of thrust on the HUD. Is there a way to solve this error? Does DTG know about her?

17. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

DTG Alex is this problem known to DTG?

18. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

"No answer," came the stern reply!

19. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this needs to be fixed. They cant just brake another old DLC and not fix it

20. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Did you check the brake key? It's usually the thing I forget with the Dostos.

21. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

That does not fix it. You set up the train correctly and you get traction locked no matter what you do. Only occurs if you use the dostos that comes with the 182. All other dostos work without issues

22. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Did you completely shut down the throttle lever, wait for the brakes to fully release, before applying throttle again? Some engines can be sensitive to that.

Also assuming you checked pantograph, circuit breaker and parking brake?

23. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Yea, there's a whole thread on the issue. Affects all platforms. It only was an issue when tsw3 released i believe. Don't think it was in tsw2