Any Sound Mod For 1938 Underground Stock?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dux of Fatumnia, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Dux of Fatumnia

Dux of Fatumnia New Member

Hey all,

There are various sound mods available on the internet that enhance the sound of some TSW trains. To me, good sound is one of the most important aspects of enjoying the game.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a sound Mod for the train that in my opinion needs it most of all: the Rivet 1938 Underground Stock. I find the current sound horrible, to a degree that I can't enjoy driving it. It goes completely silent when you turn the power off, even when driving at 45 mph. I had the same disappointment with the same train on the Isle of Wight route, so much that I uninstalled it and only play the 2021 version, which has much better sounds. Last week I visited the London Transport Museum, where they had a real 1938 and a 1938 simulator, so you can imagine I like to drive it in TSW as well.

Does anyone know of any sound Mod for this rolling stock? Or does anyone have experience with TSW sound modification who would know how to tweak the train sounds?

• Like Like x 4
  2. QNS Chris

QNS Chris Well-Known Member

The sounds for the ‘38’ stock are ABYSMAL. The model and physics are fantastic - but the complete silence is inexcusable. A modder on TSC created a mod for the train, but unfortunately, the mod did little to improve the sounds.
    This has been brought to Rivet’s attention over and over, and I remain skeptically optimistic that they will effect a change to the sounds and make the train playable (which in its current state, for me anyway, it is not playable).

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  3. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Awful sounds on that unit, how it was released that way is beyond me. Would've loved to have more fun with it but it's practically unplayable for me.

• Like Like x 4
  4. amyinorbit

amyinorbit Active Member

I really, really wouldn't expect anything. Arosa has been out for a year and a half and the coaches on it still sound absolutely nothing like the real ones.

5. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Jasper_Rivet, apologies for pinging you here, but is there anything on the horizon? 38 stock got a lot more interesting as it now runs various heritage runs on BKL's new timetable feeling a lot more in place than with its own timetable, ironically. Will the sound be brought to a standard, or should we not expect anything?

6. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

Add me to the list of those who will not forget Rivet's record on correcting glaring errors the next time a flashy 'Hey, buy our new stuff' email appears from them in my inbox. The sounds on the 38 stock are embarrassingly dreadful and despite this having been a day one purchase from me back in the day, I've never yet completed a single run with it despite a half-hearted attempt every few months. That silence just kills this, and any future Rivet purchase, for me.

What a waste of all that time and effort. All sales pitch, no substance.

• Like Like x 4
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Partly why I just held back on buying Arosa, despite the sale price. I had the 1938 stock and refunded it. Can't fault the model both inside and out and I love the old tube trains, but part of that affection is due to the sounds. They need to get that right and overcome this fire and forget policy they seem to have with all their products - or better still make them properly in the first place or don't bother at all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

I turn to Rivet! Guys, please fix the sound files 38. The model is of good quality, but not playable because of the sounds. I'm sure you can do it. Do not deprive us of the pleasure of using the content we paid for. Give me some feedback.

9. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

The '38 stock is something I would really love to get. The original stock on Bakerloo Line doesn't interest me much, but the '38 stock is nice, so it would make me play that route much more. But with the current sounds there is no way I am buying it...