Canadian National Waukesha Sub/ Metra North Central Service

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by [ENRL] «Mr. Hax», Mar 22, 2018.

1. [ENRL] «Mr. Hax»

[ENRL] «Mr. Hax» Member

I was considering the Canadian Pacific C&M Subdivision, but it is way too complex. So I chose the CN Waukesha Sub (Metra NCS) instead.

The Metra North Central Service runs from Chicago Union Station (Chicago, IL) to Antioch, IL using Canadian Pacific and Canadian National trackage. Let's consider an outbound train. It will run via what we know as the C&M to Tower A5 and then cut off and heads up to Tower B12 (Franklin Park, IL) where it cuts off and takes the CN Waukesha Sub all the way to Antioch. Depending on the train set's final destination, it will be placed in the Metra yards in Chicago or the coach yard in Antioch. Now on to the freight side of things. There is Schiller Park yard, where some trains can be held for hours or even days in a row before moving towards their destination. More commonly, freights run via the Leithton Sub. Many of the freights go the same way the Metra trains go, but they either go right across the junction at B12 to the Indiana Harbor Belt (IHB) or go the same way a outbound would go, but cut off at the Belt Railway of Chicago (BRC). If I were to choose what locomotives were used for the route, i'd preferably choose a GE Tier 4 Evolution Series locomotive for freight and an EMD F40PH-3.for passenger. I likely missed some info, but we definitely need more Chicago-area routes, preferably involving Metra.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Alex_B1990

Alex_B1990 New Member

I don't know of you ever will see this, I just joined this forum. I would love to see if you could do a route of Indiana Harbor Belt. I don't know how to do that sort of thing, maybe connect to a couple yards such as UP Proviso, BRC, UP Mopac ETC first and foremost IHB yards though. Thanks

3. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

The ET44AC would be great. Might I suggest a CN SD40-2, GP38-2, SD70M-2, or SD75I, plus the F40PH-3 and Tier IV GEVO.

4. Amtrak America

Amtrak America Member

You understand that it takes DTG way to long of a time to make 1 locomotive as it is. Suggesting over 5..., that’s not realistic, that would take months and the DLC would cost well over $175.

5. trainmasteraiden

trainmasteraiden Active Member

What about Metra Trains I’d love to see MP36PH F40PHM-2 F40PHM-3 F40PH-2 F59PH-3 F59PH F59PHI

6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and for CN ET44AC it can layer to OSD as a Chicago to Toronto, ON via Oakville freight. In return, Oakville gives GP38-2 GP9M to CN Waukesha Sub route. For Oakville Owners GP38-2 CN counts towards HSC GP38-2 achivements. ET44AC CN can be reskinned for Sherman Hill UP CSX Sand Patch Grade.

• Like Like x 2
  7. trainmasteraiden

trainmasteraiden Active Member

I hope they'll add an route for Metra, Amtrak, CP,

8. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

FFS you just necrobumped an old thread cmon