Next Stop Distance Problems

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Blovu, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Blovu

Blovu New Member

Could you please say in the HUD at the upper left corner the destination to the next stop / go via location in the real destination, not as the crow flies? Because in the pause-menue it shows the destination in its real "rail"way, so the game knows the real destination, but says you the destination as the crow flies.
    Or is there a setting to switch that?

Attached Files:

2. armus

armus Member

It's particularly annoying in the training center, where the loop is a circle so the destination distance doesn't change much (stays around 1.6km?) until the final approach to the destination.

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I agree, should state the actual rail distance not as the crow flies. TSC manages this so not sure why TSW can't, particularly as the signalling and speed countdown distances do tend to reflect the actual distance left to travel (would be a nonsense if they didn't).

4. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

Making the loop at Grand Central Terminal (Harlem Line) has the same issue, Boston too I think. I've learned to cope, but it's super-confusing watching the distance marker getting higher as you get closer to your objective.

5. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It's particularly noticeable on SPG which is very curvy and the distance can actually increase in certain places, or not change for certain " go-via's ".

I seem to remember MP being asked this question a long time ago and it might not be an easy fix.

6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

echo this, I recall Matt saying it wasn't straight forward as I don't think it takes a rail measure

7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It's a performance thing. Measuring the real distance takes relatively much processing power, though TSC can do it. It is kind of annoying, but not the most important thing to fix.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

And Clinchfield, where 8 miles, "I'll do that before bed time", ends up being over 12 miles!

9. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I remember making this point in one of twitch steams, when the TSW heavy haul beta was released. Never been fixed