Tsw3 Core Routes Pis Issues - Are They Being Fixed?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cash, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Hey there DTG Alex, it's been a while since TSW3's release, and we've seen that both SEHX and KWG have extreme PIS issues, both on trains and the display boards. Here's a short summary of some of the issues:

- AI trains not showing any destinations on their destination screen
    - Off-map destinations not showing correctly
    - Final destination names not showing correctly
    - PIS display screens only showing one row of information
    - Unrealistic text on scrolling display boards
    - Incorrect destination font on the Class 375 and 465

These are only a few of the PIS-related issues across the TSW3 core routes. Aside from one issue being fixed on the 395, it really does feel to me as if these issues are being ignored. I do understand that these issues are by no means game-breaking, but they really can be irritating for players who value the small details. All I want to know is, are the team aware of these bugs, and are they working on them? The PIS system as a whole feels very unfinished, simply due to just how many issues there are with it, so it would be nice to see a finished PIS system :)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Seconded

3. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

4. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Fourth’d

• Like Like x 1
  5. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Fith'd.
    (If that's how you spell it)
    I've noticed some really bad PIS issues on all trains on SEHS EXTENDED. For example on the Class 395 in the drivers coach it doesn't display the next stop or the coach letter.
    Sometimes it will even revert to old PIS and just display scrolling text of the Final Destination. I love smart PIS but only when it works

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  6. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Six'ed. Also on scenarios, if your train is scheduled to travel to a location say for example Faversham to St Pancras International but the scenario will have it terminate at Ebbsfleet due to a train failure, it shows Ebbsfleet on the Destination board before you leave your starting point.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Yea, that really takes away immersion.

• Like Like x 2
  8. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Another PIS issue on the class 395 is certain times don’t seem to show up right. I.e 10:30 displays as 1 :30 on PIS inside train and on exterior (I don’t think time is supposed to appear on the exterior PIS at all so that’s another story).

• Like Like x 3
  9. AtherianKing

Before TSW3 SEHS used to be one of the best for working and compatibility for PIS (on train and platform), unfortunately not the case anymore.

Also, even the 465 which went through changes to its PIS before TSW3 seems in quite a bad way.

Kassel Würzburg, mostly on the ICE1 and Ai has many inconsistencies. (not surprisingly dostos are on this red list)

there needs to be just one way at doing PIS, now is the time to find a settle with that one way. Things that need consideration and sorting such as Numbers for services, Accurate design, off world destinations, what happens when it goes onto another route, right mix of manual and automated, intermediate stops.

this issue will only get worse the more different types and variants they are.

I hope a fix for this can be found and hopefully sooner rather than later.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  10. AtherianKing

I’ve always forgave it a bit in scenarios, but the same exact issue can also occur whenever the off world destinations aren’t programmed in or programmed in properly.

• Like Like x 1
  11. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Also while not quite the same issue but the 150/2 destination scroller for West Cornwall Local, Only has stations for the route which for me can ruin the immersion as in reality they'd have had places like Plymouth, Exeter, Bristol, Paignton etc etc. The 101s have got it perfectly so it's a shame the 150s haven't (Though I accept that's a Rivet issue)

• Like Like x 1
  12. AtherianKing

agreed, I think the 150 also misses of “special” (not 100% sure on this) which is usually something I go for in scenario planner when nothing else matches.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Hey there DTG JD, apologies for the tag. Would you be able to give us any insight into how these issues are being addressed by the team? I still feel that these immersion breaking bugs are the ones left unresolved and ignored, which I really hope is not the case here. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Sorry, missed this (was out last week and Roadmap has eaten my time this week). Have raised with the team to take a look at.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1