Raildriver Doesn't Work In Ts2019?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaryE, Oct 11, 2018.

1. MaryE

MaryE New Member

I just loaded TS2019 and tried to perform a scenario and my RailDriver Desktop Controller does not work. Is there an updated driver for it? Was RailDriver mentioned in any of the videos for TS2019?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi MaryE,

RailDriver is designed for 32-bit and will still work with Train Simulator 2019 32-bit but because of this, it cannot work in Train Simulator 2019 64-bit. We are aware that the makers of RailDriver are working on an update and as soon as we hear anything, we'll make sure you all know about it.

Hope this helps.

Best, Steve

3. MaryE

MaryE New Member

FYI - I just contacted the folks at RailDriver via telephone. The technical rep guy I spoke with was not aware there was going to be a 64 bit version of the program available today. He could not confirm nor deny the RailDriver would work with it. He is looking into the situation.
    Hopefully, there will be a new 64-bit version of the RailDriver program available soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Thanks MaryE, we'll discuss this with our contact we've working with to understand more.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 2
  5. MaryE

MaryE New Member

Hi Steve,

That's great!! Thanks for following up on this. FYI - the RailDriver will work in 32-bit TS2019 - but, only after a reboot of the computer. I'm really looking forward to running my RailDriver Desktop Controller with the 64-bit version of TS2019.

Hope we hear something soon.

6. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Is there a way I can prevent the update from happening until the RailDriver is supported? I don't want to loose the use of my RailDriver.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

You can still use your raildriver in 32 bit version, you will need to wait until raildriver puts out a update for it to be supported in 64 bit. Hopefully the wait should not be to long.

• Like Like x 1
  8. StratPlayer62

I assume I'll have the option in Steam to use either version?

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

When you right click Train Simulator in Steam to start the game you get options for Train Simulator and Train Simulator 64 bit

10. StratPlayer62

Thanks for the info.

11. RaildriverTech

RaildriverTech New Member

We are currently working on the Issue and will announce on our website, newsletter and Facebook page when the Raildriver is compatible with the 64 bit version of the game.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  12. MaryE

MaryE New Member

Awesome!!! Thank you!! FYI - For me, everything on my RailDriver works with the exception of the Forward/N/Reverse lever, the Throttle/Dynamic Brake lever, the Auto Brake lever, the Ind Brake lever, the Wiper switch and the Lights switch.

13. StratPlayer62

Yes, thanks for working on it, hope to see a solution soon.

14. Chris Holland

Chris Holland New Member

I wonder if the helpful guys at PI Engineering could give an indication of the sort of timescale of when a 'fix' or new 64bit driver for Raildriver will be ready? Are we talking weeks, this side of the new year or next? I appreciate this things take time but I am sure like me, many are holding off using the newly updated software properly until they can more realistically
    control their locos rather
    than using a PC keyboard.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. StratPlayer62

I emailed about it but the only answer I received was, "we are working on it". Can't hurt if you want to contact them, the more people that bug them the more motivation they will have to fix it.

I'm still running the 32 Bit version because I don't want to give up using my RailDriver.

• Like Like x 2
  16. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Still have not update the program for Train Simulator 2019 64-edition since the release closer to a month ago now. I understand that there is a small company with 3 staff working there together but it would be nice to see the update will be release very soon for anyone who have the RailDriver with Train Simulator 2019 64-edition.

17. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Hello everyone here in this forum,

I just was online with the site of RailDriver and see that there is support for Train Simulator 2019 but not sure where to get the Macroworks file to download. I was looking for this file to download but don't see any there at their site. Anyway here is the link below if you want to see:

raildriver.com/support/raildriver.php

Let me know where to the file download for RailDriver with Train Simulator 2019?

John

18. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Hi JP,
    PI Engineering hasn't announced that their update to support TS2019 64-Bit has been finished so I'd suggest waiting until they announce this on their forums or via their homepage: http://raildriver.com/

19. MaryE

MaryE New Member

The RailDrive homepage shows that they now support Train Simulator 2019 Windows 10 32/64 bit (goto http://raildriver.com/products/raildriver.php). However, downloading and installing the driver makes no difference - 64 bit still does not work.

Note: the current driver on the download page shows:
    MW3.1 Installation Package v. 1.1.1.91 (6.39 MB) Updated 1/2/18
    Contains:

• RailDriver® Calibration v. 1.0.3.0
    • MacroWorks 3.1 for Train Simulator v. 1.1.1.91

I believe this is the same driver we've been using. Perhaps the new driver will be put on their website today or very soon.

Fingers crossed!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. ARuscoe

Supporting windows 10 64 bit is not the same as supporting Railworks64 running on windows 10 64 bit

• Like Like x 2
  21. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Oh I see and that is my mistake for assuming that Railworks64 running on Windows 10 64 bit. So we will have to wait till the team of PI Engineering are working on the update till the available release to the public who have RailDriver with Railworks64.

John

• Like Like x 1
  22. ARuscoe

It's a common assumption, but in the computer world you have to be specific and it looks like RD just haven't acknowledged 64 bit TS in the slightest on their website.

23. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

second that question is are you talking about the support between the 32bit and 64 bit machine or the version of Train Simulator 2019 which runs on both 64bit and 32 bit. the new driver came out but there is a problem where it does not work with someone putting the Train Simualtor 2019 on another drive besides C://.. I have mine on E becauise of space. How would this work without going through reprogramming?

24. ARuscoe

That's the point. The manufacturer has stated it WON'T work in that circumstance

25. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

26. ChooChooKeith

They say non default drives..The E:// on my computer which is running Windows 10 as well as the C:// which is a SSD. I just dont have the space on C:// for Train Simulator to be on there. so I am using my 1 TB drive to store and run the game. not sure why this would be a problem. I understand installing drivers but that should not matter where your game is being played from.

27. StratPlayer62

I've been told by their tech support they are working on the driver so it will support running on drives other than your C: drive.

• Like Like x 1
  28. JoeTransit

JoeTransit Member

Sorry if I sound like a dork for asking, but what's Raildriver in the first place? :|:)

29. ChooChooKeith

That would be good great

30. ChooChooKeith

its the hardware that has the controls for the train. kind of what the flight simulator has for flight controls. instead of using your keyboard you would use this device to drive your trains.

31. JoeTransit

JoeTransit Member

Oh that thing!! I saw Matt using it once. Thanks! :)

• Like Like x 1
  32. RaildriverTech

RaildriverTech New Member

• Like Like x 1
  33. StratPlayer62

Well I'm glad to hear the new version supports secondary drives. I sure wish I could test it out but I currently can not get TS to work on my PC at the moment and DTG or myself have yet to figure out why. :(

34. adkad

adkad New Member

I cannot find any raildriver.64.dll on my system so the raildriver software cannot find it. How can I install the dll file? Thanks

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  35. ChooChooKeith

Have you tried a reinstall.

36. StratPlayer62

I don't want to hijack this thread, I started a thread on this problem a few days ago, feel free to help me there if you like on this problem.

37. adkad

adkad New Member

okay I got it connected to ts and all the levers work, but none of the blue buttons. Anyboyd have this problem or ideas on it?Thanks, Jeff

38. adkad

adkad New Member

now I have it working correctly, buttons included. I had to reprogram all the buttons and then save the file as the default file. After that all the buttons worked.

• Like Like x 1
  39. ChooChooKeith

Good Deal!! Glad you got that working.. enjoy!!