Road Map Train Sim World 3 - Roadmap 3rd November 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Nov 3, 2022.

Tags:
  1. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Hello everyone, it's time for the November Roadmap!

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live...cle/train-sim-world-roadmap-3rd-november-2022

TL;DR (too long; didn’t read) Summary:
    A quick summary for those who don’t want to go through the whole article. There are more details on all these points within the Roadmap.
    • Birmingham Cross-City announced, coming November 15th
      • Check out below for an exclusive first-look at the BR Class 323!
    • A new Dovetail Games US route has been added to the Roadmap
    • A new Train Sim Germany route has been added to the Roadmap
    • New Journeys Add-on released for all players
    • First Save Game update released – significant improvement on ‘Red Lights on resuming’ and Dispatcher issues
    • First derailment issues update has been released, with more being worked on
    • Deep-dive on Auto-testing and its application within our overall testing process
    • Batch of Performance improvements coming in the next game update
    • The BR Class 20 is coming to Livery Designer!
    • Union Workshop join the Partner Programme, bringing their wealth of Chinese rail expertise to Train Sim World
    • Train Sim World 3 is now available in the boxed edition on GAME and Amazon!
    BR Class 323 Preview:

The Roadmap stream, timestamped and chaptered for your navigational pleasure, is here:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 10
  2. DTG Alex

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Progress of HST going into Livery Designer: - Internal reviews passed, the coaches are having the issues raised fixed

• Like Like x 6
  3. DTG Alex

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Class 20 in Livery Designer: Currently a work in progress

• Like Like x 5
  4. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

• Union Workshop join the Partner Programme, bringing their wealth of Chinese rail expertise to Train Sim World... :o
    Nice.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. DTG Alex

[​IMG]

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

After my disappointment over the UK rpute, this Road Map is truly amazing.
    Another US AC route - so probably another section of NEC
    A TSG German diesel route - guessing this is the one previously leaked.
    And finally looks like we are getting Chinese content.

I best get saving, it's going to be an expensive few months ahead.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Exciting. Tsg making a route and finally Union Workshop. Looking forward to future dlc :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. ggy

ggy Member

New US Route, I guess Washington DC - Baltimore Route. Loco AME-7 DLC Loco Acela

• Like Like x 1
  9. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Im guessing the new American route will be another nec route. Also it's about time we got some content that isn't based in North America and Europe. I look forward to what could be a potential Chinese or asian route in the future

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  10. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Some of my thoughts on the more noteworthy aspects.
    • New US route from DTG with the code NBB-R7 01, hinting at a AC electric route set post 2011. Something tells me this going to be another Northeast Corridor adaptation, unless there are other AC Electric routes worth doing in the US. But it did get me wondering... What if this is the return of NEC New York to TSW3? Seems like a long shot, but something to keep in mind
    • Well at least we know the identity of the third-party developer that's making Niddertalbahn, but I'm really surprised that it's TSG making it. We've seen what they can do with the DB G6, so intrigued to see how they will get on with a route add-on.
    • Nice seeing the Class 20 get livery designer support. It also worth noting that, despite the change in direction for the Special Projects team (AKA, the Preservation Crew), it's nice that they haven't given up on adding Livery Designer support to the pre-TSW2 content. Hopefully this continues, as there still alot of that content that doesn't have that support yet, some of which could be highly popularm with said tools (TVL's Clas 37, Class 31, Class 166 and so much more).
    • Any developer who will bring a new region to TSW3 is always a good thing. We've had Rivet bring Switzerland and now it's seemingly like Union Workshop will be taking TSW to China and most important, Asia in general, a part of the would that hasn't even been touched yet.

• Like Like x 5
  11. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

In my personal opinion the enginesound of the 323 should be a bit louder but it’s way better than the failed version in TSC

• Like Like x 1
  12. ggy

ggy Member

I think they might expand the route. boston spinner

13. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

The German one should be the "Niddertalbahn", I guess.

The whole roadmap sounds nice... but still waiting for the addon-manager for TSW3...

• Like Like x 2
  14. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

Usually I stick to UK routes (have no interest in freight and mainland Europe rail isn’t all that appealing to me) but if the Union Workshop stuff is good I might pick it up. Great choice, glad we’re getting a new continent.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

The only good thing for me this time is both the Class 43 and Class 20 in Livery Designer.

But the next US electric route right next to the US electric loco... yeah I'm done. Peace Out!

16. redrev1917

Logically they want to maximise the sales of presumably what is the Acela by having 2 routes available to run it on. Given that it's been over year since Boston Sprinter and in the interim we've seen 2 fright routes and Harlem then the time is right for more US AC action IMO

• Like Like x 3
  17. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

I would think the NEC corridor from Trenton to include NJ transit or the new haven line( might be a stretch)

18. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I’d be up for the New Rochelle to Newark Liberty Intl via NY Penn to return on the basis it’s extended south to 30th St Station in Philly.

19. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Just to manage expectations on both Union Workshop and ATS - this is very early days, so I wouldn't expect anything on the Roadmap for a good few months yet.

• Like Like x 3
  20. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

It would be great if it was a section of New York - New Haven, with a branch line from New Rochelle to Harlem.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  21. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

common sense based upon the code tells me this is gonna be either NEC NY to Trenton/Philly or NEC NY-NH(Including GCT and the M8) either way I'm happy but then again, WHY just NEC hmm? Oh wait there's no NJT in TSW 3 Yet. At least it's not another Freight Route

• Like Like x 2
  22. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

NBB R 7 that can mean NEC Newark,NJ to New Haven, CT with ALP-45DP 2011 4500-4534 2020 builds 4535 and up ALP-46A 2009 builds ALP-46 2001 builds Arrow IIIs Newark,NJ NY Penn station. Whole Trip ACS-64 Avelia Liberty with the ability to run NEC Boston Providence

23. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Union Workshop joining TSW is easily the best news for me! Really glad for them. Wonder if it will be Chinese or Japanese content?

• Like Like x 2
  24. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

A new AC electric US route! I would imagine it's a new section of the NEC (which makes sense if the new electric loco is the Acela) as predicted by others.

There isn't much AC powered rail in the US, so really the only the other options are:
    - part of the New Haven Line, expanding on the Metro-North license and allowing for Metro North and Amtrak running side-by-side
    - New Jersey Transit (they have the NJ Transit license for TSC)
    - A new Peninsula Corridor? (A bit ahead of itself, as it's still under construction, but it could be an interesting way to update the old TSW2020 route, add TSW3 features, extend it to Gilroy, and give it a new and expanded timetable)
    - Keystone Corridor (Philadelphia-Harrisburg mainline w/ possible SEPTA license?)
    - SEPTA
    - Metra/South Shore Line

Or for something really wild and out-there, the Deseret Power Railroad? It's electric-powered freight, which is really unusual for North America/US.

• Like Like x 3
  25. driverwoods#1787

Same and if that were to happen TSW3 can get the Tilt of DB Baureihe 612 with Speed of TGV Duplex ICE3 on a Japanese Route this comes to N700 Supreme Texas Central and Sanyo Shinkansen. H5/E5 Tohoku Shinkansen. Both use active suspension tilt and you will not derail at Attleboro-Providence section. Sam's attempts with ICE3 & TGV Duplex at 320 kmh have him derail there

26. driverwoods#1787

If that does happen ACS-64 600-670 receive a Reskin into ACS-64 SEPTA 901-915 new builds are MLV III SEPTA Paint Comet II-IV in SEPTA Paint Silverliner IV-V. Of these SEPTA Trains MLV III & Comet II-IV can be the prototype then reskin to NJ Transit paint.
    Achievement wise ACS-64 901-915 SEPTA counts towards the Boston Providence 640 miles ACS-64 and it's achievements.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  27. redrev1917

Thats fine, gives us more time to save

• Like Like x 1
  28. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Chinese content? Where do you read that? Or do i missed something?!

29. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Ok hype building with new 3rd parties, countries and quite excited to see how TSG's first route turns out- their loco DLCs are top shelf.

REALLY hope the new US route is an NEC portion. NYP-Trenton is most likely based on length and that they already have a ton of assets from NEC:NY. Plus NJ Transit license is just waiting to be used.

DC-Baltimore is probably next most likely since it's a recent-ish TSC release. Unbranded MARC equipment though, which we haven't seen from DTG in TSW3 yet. Personally think it's the most boring part of the route though.

My personal wish would be full run NYP-Philly 30th Street with unbranded SEPTA equipment so both levels of 30th st can be busy with AI.

• Like Like x 1
  30. driverwoods#1787

That is only 90 miles and loses out to SFS Hannover Kassel Würzburg and furthermore since everyone has Kassel Würzburg then the 1990s timetable can be unlocked since that was when ICE-1 Ran that route.

31. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

VLDR - Very long, did read. Quite a lot to digest and a lot of it far off in the future. The list of third party creators is growing very quickly now. TSG’s first route is going to be a must buy item when that comes out, in the future of course, however long that is. There may be a record breaking number of releases in 2023 if all the new creators can deliver something within that timeframe.

• Like Like x 2
  32. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Whilst an interesting read and quite funny how no Matt Peddlesdens we're harmed in the making of pink carriages.
    Waiting a month just for
    "Last Roadmap, we added Rivet Games’ upcoming route – more details will come in the future around what they’re working on." Is underwhelming. Surely you could of added the name of the route or bit more development on the project.

• Like Like x 2
  33. redrev1917

I mean I guess it could be Japanese content. But Union Workshop are known for their Chinese and Japanese content (I'd completely forgotten about their Japanese content in my excitement if I'm honest)

34. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Yes, but it's much denser scenery compared to SKW, two of the 10 biggest cities in the US, plus heavy urban and suburban scenery in between.

35. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Totally understandable, but really happy to hear it regardless and looking forward for future news.

• Like Like x 2
  36. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I’m going to repeat my dream route
    Nec nyc to dc
    All Amtrak services between the two including moves into and out of terminus in nyc and dc
    Nj transit nyc to Trenton including coast line as far as Woodbridge … on stop off main line … and Morris and Essex to Newark broad street … one stop off main line.

septa services from Trenton to Newark de

Marc services from Perrysville md to dc this goes through Baltimore.

I know it’s too long for one dlc. But in chunks including nyc to providence I’d love to see it.

37. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

It can't be the entire New Haven Line. That code would be NBC because it includes both overhead AC wires and third-rail DC.

38. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Nice to see the report about Class 323 sounds. Remains to be seen how these come over in game as we know from Rivet and the 150 you can be supplied great samples but if the mix in game is wrong, well there can still be disappointment.

I started salivating on hearing TSG involved with building a route - would be great if it was Konstanz to Hausach, but if they are involved with Niddertalbahn that will be a must buy.

UW - well impressed with their Japanese content, Chinese less so. A rural branch line with a DMU would be my first wish, rather than the Shinkansen.

Rather worryingly, Spirit Of Steam only gets a brief mention and nothing about sorting out the abominable physics in TSW3 or the spurious SPAD issue.

The Class 20 is getting a repaint feature - how about fixing the broken scenario(s) on TVL like Chopper And Change.

Can't say the prospect of another electrified North American route fills me with particular excitement. Would have preferred to see either a subway route or something midwest, around St Louis or Kansas City even Chicago.

Would be nice to learn what the DTG German route is at this point.

Nothing about pricing policy given the alarm and discussions currently going on as to whether standard DLC going up by £5 to £29.99.

39. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

What happened to Skyhook Games, are they still developing for TSW?

40. DTG JD

Couple of things mentioned here. SoS physics we'll speak about tonight, but DTG Matt was reviewing a build with updated physics (have to be honest, not sure what the outcome of that was).

And I've responded to the pricing thread here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/price-increase.58834/#post-561335

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  41. DTG JD

Yes, nothing currently close enough to put into the Roadmap though.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  42. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I also wonder, NJT may now be a possible option. With the route code indicating the US locomotives is AC powered around the post 2011 time period, I can think of the ALP45DP from NJT or the 2nd revision or the ALP45A that further reduces emissions. This can possibly mean an indication that an NJT NJCL or Morristown route could be in the works featuring the NJT MLV I, II and Comet II, IV and V. This is definitely an interesting roadmap

• Like Like x 2
  43. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Ooooooh! US route! It's most likely going to be another part of the NEC, probably around New Jersey with NJT!

• Like Like x 1
  44. redrev1917

Thats good to hear, given how much I'm still enjoying CC & HSC

45. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Bit disappointed the Rivet Game Wasn't anounced :(

46. redrev1917

I suspect they dont want the focus to be taken of BCC given in all likelihood that both routes are going to be commuter focus AC routes, announcing them at the same would harm sales of both.

47. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I do like this roadmap. Nice to see the 20 is finally getting the Livery editor treatment as well.

48. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

When rivet are ready to announce it, they will. And there will be the teasers as always

49. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

Routes are not annonced on the roadmap anymore. So that was to be expected.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. khestrell

khestrell New Member

Is there any plan on improving the graphics on current TSW3 routes? I don't see anything about this in the roadmap, only performance improvements. Because these new routes sound good and all, but I'm still not convinced that the future routes won't be the same low resolution mess as SKW is for instance.

• Like Like x 1