Xbox Question About Hauptstrecke München – Augsburg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by heliomass, Nov 3, 2022.

1. heliomass

heliomass Member

The stopping timetabled services on this route only run from Munich Hauptbahnhof to Mammendorf, meaning there's no way of doing a service between Mammendorf and Augsburg Hauptbahnhof in timetable mode.

I do acknowledge there's one scenario which lets you do this run, plus of course it would be possible to create your own scenarios.

But, it seems a bit of a shame so many stations on this route don't have timetabled runs. Is there perhaps a layer I'm missing which would add them in?

2. heliomass

heliomass Member

Well, after writing this I happened to go read the November roadmap, and I think it may have answered my question:
    • [TSW3] [3.DBB-L5 01] DB BR 420 Electric Multiple Unit (Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg) - Developed by TSG
    Going to hope this layer will add some services to those quiet stations!

3. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

The BR 420 will not add your requested layers, it will just substitute for the BR 423 on the S4 (and I think some S3) services.

You unfortunately play on an XBox which means you wont be able to play services between Mammendorf and Augsburg in timetable mode. München-Augsburg was one of the first routes where DTG faced big problems with crashes, so only PC and 9th gen console players get to have layers with Dostos from MSB and the BR 425 from HRR for RE and RB services between München and Augsburg.

Old console players (as you probably have one) dont get these layers due to too many crashes. After the release of the route, it was said that the layers should be activated only a few weeks later, but they never were and I dont expect them to ever be added to be honest.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. heliomass

heliomass Member

Thanks Br425,

Old console players (as you probably have one)​

You guessed correctly :) I'm on an Xbox One X. That would explain why the route is somewhat barren for me, which is a shame as it's a route I've played a lot recently.

I guess it's an opportunity to create a few scenarios for myself in that case.

5. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

You may want to have a look in Creators Club, there surely are some good scenarios with various trains.

It really is a shame, the route is not enough and far too empty with only ICEs and S-Bahn trains.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Have been playing this route recently - agreed about it being too empty. The route really needs a timetable update, if just to make Munich Hbf more busy - could you imagine how epic it would be to have the ICE 1, BR 101 etc plus all the other rolling stock.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Yea, like already answered, last gen consoles are limited in memory and aren't able to handle all the trains at once. This would just result in crashing.