Route: Half Life 2 (city 17)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Combine Overwatch, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Combine Overwatch

Combine Overwatch New Member

You know, with simulators for everything I beg the question: Why has no one made a dlc, or train or route, whatever, for one of the most successful games in the world. Half Life 2.

I know this isn't much of a realistic thing, I mean your games are all about realism and realistic routes. But once, just for one single time, do something that doesn't exist. Trust me it wont be that bad.

Now let's go straight to the point. No one accept for like 2 guys had the idear to make a Half Life 2 train sim (ROUTE).
    So first. It would be original!
    Second. It COULD contain awesome missions like for instance you drive the escape train that leaves City 17 moments before the citadels destruction (If any of you [WICH PROBABLY HAVE] played Half Life 2 and its episodes you know what I am talking about.) Or a 7 hour war mission. (You drive a train and suddently the combine begin to attack earth)
    Third. It could have cool engaging npc's that make the gameplay cool even without it being a special mission. (antlions, zombies, combine, etc.)
    Fourth. Except for a map and rules of Half Life 2, you can let your minds deal with it: You can just build whatever you want.
    And last but not least: People will like it, trust me people will really like it!

Now to support you guys:
    Here is some pictures to help you create this dlc.

-City 17 map
    [​IMG]

-Brief example of a trainstation of Half Life 2
    [​IMG]

-Razor Train
    [​IMG]

-дизель-поезд ДР1 / DR1 DMU train
    [​IMG]

That was it, IF you could make this, I am sure I and alot of other people would REALLY enjoy this.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. djos18

djos18 Member

TSW is about real routes, the scenarios are missions and hardly any content proposals are implimented

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

When making any kind of content for a game, you have to consider a potential player base. Who would this route appeal to? I hate to say it, but not many. Your suggestion would require "cool engaging npc's" which is currently beyond the scope of the game. Also, Half Life 2 is a registered trademark of Valve, Inc. Valve is not known for being particularly easy to work with, and getting Valve to let a small simulation company from Kent, UK, essentially write the next chapter of a story that they own is not terribly likely. "People will like it, trust me people will really like it!" isn't a terribly convincing argument. If I told you, "Jump off this cliff! Trust me, you will really like it!", you would tell me, "No! Why would I jump off a cliff?" It's a similar sort of deal as DTG would probably have to re-write some of the code to allow for interactable objects, which, coupled with the amount of time it would take to make something like this vs. the eventual buyers, would essentially be financial suicide for DTG. There have been a number of fictional routes that have been made by DTG for the other franchise, Train Simulator 2019, such as the route that comes with the London Transport pack, but those are all based off of real routes and operating practices. Some time later this year, dev tools will be released, so if you want, you can spend months creating assets and writing code for a route that very few people will realistically drive.

• Like Like x 2
  4. cosmo

cosmo Active Member

I'm genuinely intrigued. I mean realistically this isn't going to be an official DLC but when the editor tools come out, if someone makes this, my eyes would be firmly watching it... I like quirky and different routes :)

As long as the focus is kept on the railway, I don't see why anyone shouldn't make any route once the tools arrive!

• Like Like x 1