New Us Ac Route Speculation!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Anthony Pecoraro, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

As the title says, have at it...

2. seagull81006

seagull81006 Active Member

Probably another NEC route for the Acela (if it does indeed come)

• Like Like x 1
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Dtg don't have many passenger licenses for the us. Only got amtrak, mbta, caltrain, mta. Njt too but dtg haven't made any routes. So the only options are amtrak or njt or some mta line with ac electric trains.

4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

They did for TSC, which means they got the research done...

5. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Either of the possible routes out of New York would be wonderful. New York - New Haven is my personal favorite, because we’d get some more CSX action.

While typing that, I just realized that the head code says “NBB”, so only AC electric trains in this one. That means we’re likely getting NJ Transit! And that’s awesome, because who doesn’t love a good commuter train?

• Like Like x 4
  6. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

NJT gives them the option of doing the dual mode locomotive as well as the EMUs. I have played all the scenarios in the NJT routes on TSC.

• Like Like x 2
  7. max1313

max1313 Active Member

Maybe Trenton to Penn station and who knows maybe include Hoboken station. They can layered in the Amtrak ACS-64,SD38,AC44000 and if we do end up with the Acela that would be a perfect fit. This would make it one of the busiest routes in the game. We can dream can we……

• Like Like x 1
  8. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I‘m hoping for something fresh! An entirely new region would be amazing, but if it’s in the New York area again, perhaps we could at least get some new rolling stock along with it.

9. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

It’s probably from new London Connecticut shoreline east to penn station including the Amtrak alcea

10. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

If we do get an acela and The route is an NEC route what do you think the possibility that we get our third ACS-64 is ?
    We already have three dostos, ice 3’s so there is a chance

• Like Like x 1
  11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

As I mentioned in the parallel thread, NJT Morristown would be a good choice with the ALP 46 and Arrow iII.

The Sprinter could be re-used for the Harrisburg line, a bit long at about 95 miles, though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blartthaniel42

Blartthaniel42 Well-Known Member

Same here. I'm really hoping that we could see NJ Transit or SEPTA included. Another possibility is the NEC section that's shared with New Haven line for MNRR up to New Haven. They already have the rights to MNRR and they could include an M8 (or M2) as a new loco. Then it could show up on Harlem line too.

• Like Like x 1
  13. max1313

max1313 Active Member

Since I think is the Acela loco that will be coming first to the Boston route and think what ever the the new route is one that the Acela can really stretch out

14. rennekton#1349

Licensing. I don't think dtg had the license for njt for tsw when it released on tsc. They can just use like google maps or something for the actual route but licenses are needed to build the train and the livery.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rennekton#1349

Could the aem7 or the hhp8 be a possibility or is that out of the era. I know the hhp8 no longer runs and the aem7 is also kinda old but it came in tsc for the ny to pa route.

16. max1313

max1313 Active Member

Luckily they have the licensing now for NJ transit so that won’t be an issue

• Like Like x 1
  17. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Assuming the Acela is the loco DLC, then it makes sense for this route to also be NEC so doubling the potential of the Acela sales.

We've also already got NY Penn station built so it makes complete logical sense for a NEC route to include it.

But we've already had a NY NEC route, has enough time passed for DTG to be able to release it again? That's the million dollar question, and one which only JD can leak out either way (or I guess we could wait until they want to formally announce it, but that's just boring)

• Like Like x 1
  18. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Actually on the Roadmap the new US route is first and the loco has been bumped down.

19. jack travers

Actually? That makes chances of it being an acela go down right ? Unless the new route is NEC and the loco dlc will be released a week later or something like that, like in SEHS

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Making it an NJT route such as the Northeast Corridor Line (Penn-Trenton, 60mi 16 stops) would allow the base route to stand on its own (Comet, Multi-level, ALP46) but also allow the Acela to layer in later depending on the order in which the route and loco release.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  21. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

NJ Transit NEC Trenton to NY Penn or Morris & Essex Lines.
    Those trains must be ALP-45DP 2011 4500-4534 2020 builds 4535 & up ALP-46A 2009 builds ALP-46 2001 builds. The reason for this is that Morris & Essex Lines use 25kv 60hz since 1984. While NEC uses 11kv 16.7-25hz voltage. Therefore code must be NBEK R7. K for ALP-46A ALP-46 E ALP-45DP & N Arrow III 25kv 60hz triangle version.
    NBB works for NEC Trenton New Brunswick NY Penn due to it being 11kv 16.7-25hz AC the whole route. For NJ Transit services on NEC Trenton to NY Penn, the 15:25 & 18:58 New Brunswick to NY Penn Station trips are Express from New Brunswick Rutgers University Railway station to Newark Airport Railway Station then local to NY Penn from there.

22. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

They have the NJT license for TSW, as NJT allows their branding in the Creators Club for liveries.
    NJT.png

23. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Technically yes, but only very slightly, mind you they announced the loco DLC first. If it was truly meant for that route it wouldn't have appeared last roadmap, it makes no sense to reveal the loco DLC for a route which isn't even on the roadmap. I reckon it has to have support for Boston Sprinter in some capacity still.

• Like Like x 1
  24. rennekton#1349

yea, I know about that. Just that dtg haven't created a njt route yet.

25. bakedpotatos.jm

But all future Loco's will not be tied to a certain route anymore. That was the big thing about the training centre. That you are not going to have to own route A to download and it can be bespoked anywhere

So no it won't be exclusively for either of the routes to play it. It very well could be a Acela for both. We shall be surprised early next year when they actually give us real details.

I figure earliest for the DTG german route is around Xmas so probably not until after then being optimistic

• Like Like x 1
  26. Blacknred81

As far as actual routes are considered.....

The NEC is probably the most likely candidate for the route, no question about it. However I feel like sections that DTG cant get license for the commuter line on that part, will not be made at this time.

The NEC could be sold with commuter rail as well, with the 2 most likely candidates being New Jersey Transit and Metro North.

1st possible candidate would be an upgraded and redone NEC: New York from TSW2020, but actually be the NEC: New Haven Line from TSC. Like the TSC version, it could feature the line from New York Penn and Central, to New Haven. Would feature both Amtrak's and Metro North's lines being separate till they combine at New Rochelle (Where the original TSW route ended). The route would also support the most amount of substitution of rolling stock. As the LIRR route, Harlem Line, and Sand Patch Grade would sub into the route to increase the amount of IRL traffic on the route. Route length is over 70 miles.

Locos would be a reused ACS-64 and probably the M8.
    MNCR_Kawasaki_M8_EMU_NH_Line_Port_Chester.jpg

2nd possible candidate would be the other direction. New York going south to Trenton. This would feature New Jersey Transit as the operator in the commuter sense. Granted, most people would like to see NJT on their own line, but with DTG's track record of only giving 1 new loco per route, I'd expect NJT's 1st loco to be attached to an NEC route, before a later route would reuse said loco into one of NJT's own lines with a new loco. Route length is about 60ish miles. Only downside to this idea is that NJT's Hoboken Terminal would be excluded as NJT's trains to Trenton only come from NY Penn.

Locos would be a reused ACS-64 and either the ALP-46 or ALP45DP. The Metroliner Cab car could return for Keystone Service trains on this part of the NEC.
    bomb_33855_52.jpg
    ALP-45DP-4.png

Granted DTG could hack up a GP38-2 into a NJT GP40, but I'm not betting on it. One could also argue the ALP-46 and ALP45's are similar enough that both could come with 1 route, but I'm not seeing that either.

Now, a really far out idea.....

The US has a few isolated coal railways, those railways run or ran on AC electricity. Granted both possible choices only have 1 loco. Being the E60. The 2 candidates are the Black Mesa and Lake Powell Railroad (Shut down 2019, 73 miles), and the Deseret Power Railway (Still running, 33 miles). I know its like the most unrealistic possibility, but I though it would be funny to mention.
    485009873ydhuu580931975133515.jpg
    4205425196_a74a301780_c.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  27. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

If it indeed is an amtrak route, I do hope they include the cab car from TSW2020, as well as the Switcher. I am missing both badly.

That said, I am curious to see what it is and if it comes with a new train or rolling stock.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

You do still need a home route in the sense that you a place where you can make services and scenarios for it. No locomotive in TSW has been made without either of those things, and I don't see why DTG would start now, even with these changes. People are still gonna largely stick to buying locos which adds to routes they own.
    I made no suggestion that it couldn't appear on multiple routes, all I said is that Boston Sprinter is the route they had in mind for it when they developed it. Obviously it could appear on the next route, German content does similar things all the time. Too soon to say that's the case though, there's AC traction in the US that isn't owned by Amtrak after all. And even on Amtrak there's certain sections of the NEC which accommodate the Acela better than other sections.

29. bakedpotatos.jm

No need to get defensive. But they have said Locos will no longer be coupled to routes going forward.

Right from JD. And Matt has said it on a couple TSW 3 preview streams. Go back and watch.

Basically going forward all locos home route IS the Training Centre.

30. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

I think both of you are right. Loco Add-ons will be available individually if you don't own the base route(s) it's intended to be used on - you'll be able to play them on Training Center, but to get the best use out of them, owning that base route(s) would be preferable.

• Like Like x 3
  31. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Well, if we're going for wild guesses, what about Denver?
    [​IMG]
    4 lines totaling around 70 miles (closer to 60 with shared sections), 3 yards along the way for BNSF and UP to layer to, a nice new area, and only one train type needed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  32. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Unless you're thinking about the commuter lines up north (who really wants that, honestly), RTD's network is a lot more than just 4 lines from Union Station next to UP and BNSF tracks near Denver
    Denver_RTD_Rail_Map.png
    (and yes, I do mean the Lightrail side as it was the first to be done)

• Like Like x 1
  33. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For NEC Trenton to NY Penn ALP-45DP is rare catch there therefore these are run by ALP-46 & ALP-46A the more powerful version of ALP-46 max speed 200 kmh 125 mph used mostly on NEC Trenton to NY Penn to run Fully loaded and heavier MLV I-IIIs. For assistance you can check a DTG TSC ALP-46 manual on where ALP-46A runs ALP-46 NJCL Morris & Essex Lines since weight & power for NEC isn't needed on them. ALP-45DP runs NEC Trenton to NY Penn Rahway NJCL junction to NY Penn station Swift Interlocking to NY Penn station Morris & Essex Lines Midtown Direct & Newark Penn station to NY Penn station the Raritan Valley Line service.

34. max1313

max1313 Active Member

Unfortunately I think they would go the easy way and make the easier route for the Acela Washington to Baltimore. Since they keep saying is all about time and coast. I would love the Trenton to Penn but it falls with the WCML and ECML dilemma

35. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Yeah, I meant those 4 that actually look more like trains than trams. And they're AC. I don't say it's a popular option, but option nonetheless

36. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I suspect you're right and it will be DC-Baltimore. Zzzzzzz

• Like Like x 1
  37. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

If like many of suspect is going to be another section of NEC, then they need to get the signalling right.
    The best way to instil confidence in the community that they've got it right is to fix it in Boston Sprinter prior to release of this new route. Also from a players perspective who isnt 100% clued up on North American signalling it is going to cause confusion if the signalling on 2 parts of the same line isnt consistent.

• Like Like x 1
  38. jack travers

NYC - Philly hopefully

• Like Like x 2
  39. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Ever since this reveal I have been entertaining the thought of the NEC New York route making it's return to TSW. A good opportunity for DTG to improve the route and fix what was broken in the original (ahem ACSES) and possibily extend it futher to maybe New Haven like it's TSC counterpart

In my head, it makes sense on why it was the only route left out of the TSW2 preserved routes if the intention was one day to return and re-do it

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  40. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Unless they can use it on more than one route.

41. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna quote myself rather than type the same thing again.
    JD pretty much gets the point I was making, I seriously don't get why others are struggling.

42. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

NEC was one of the first TSW routes I ever played with on PS4, when it was released for Sony consoles in summer 2018. Compared to the very first TSW route on PC, which was SPG, it was very monotonous. You could drive or shunt garbage trains a short distance with a CSX GP-38 or drive passenger trains with a ACS-64 between Newark Airport and New Rochelle. Because large parts of the route were built into LIRR, I don't think there will be a new edition soon. LIRR, on the other hand, would need a skyline upgrade for Manhattan, like in the current TSC version, so that more NYC feeling comes across as with the Harlem Line. I tend to bet on the southern part of NEC, which has already been implemented in TSC but not yet in TSW.
    For me, the only possible draft horse for the train addon is the Acela Express, which also fits perfectly for the Boston Sprinter route. The Amtrak HST is still too new, so there may be an older type of train integrated into the upcoming NEC route. Unfortunately, I'm not an American, so I'd have to guess which one. ;)

43. jimfranklin#6042

jimfranklin#6042 New Member

I've got my money on a NJT route. They have the licensing, and already have two routes using the ACS-64, I don't see how it could not be NJT.

I really wish DTG would take a step back in time for US electric high-speed routes. A PRR-dated Northeast Corridor with GG1s hauling passenger and freight? Count me in. I don't believe it's been done even in Train Sim Classic.

44. Blacknred81

There is the old GG1 DLC for TSC, but its ran on the 2014 era of NY to Philly, so not a good representation. Same with the New Haven E33. Vintage electric on NEC: New Haven. (Unless you run it on the NYNH Springfield route).

I mean how many Class 66's and Dostos have been released?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  45. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I think we’re seeing the US equivalent of WCML unfold before our eyes, the Acela is extremely likely as the DLC, and another section of NEC for the new route would be my guess, after that I’d say that NJT is next likely to happen.

If it is NEC, then my question would be what section would be most likely to be chosen, and what could a third AC loco be to go alongside the ACS & Acela.

• Like Like x 1
  46. rennekton#1349

Could be new York to new heaven. Or new York to philly or to Trenton. Or dc to baltimore. Locos could also include the aem7 or hhp8 since they ran before the acs64 entered service

47. Blacknred81

ALP-46 for NJT if NY to Trenton. M8 for New Haven. I don't see DTG doing 2 new locos for the route, unless they axe NJT or Metro North and do either the toaster or the HHP-8. (Though the HHP-8 shares similarities with the Acela.....)

48. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Lets hope that isn't true, cause NJT still havent come to reality in the game, and so of the M8

49. wcwood92

wcwood92 Well-Known Member

Let’s not forget that M8s run on overhead electricity and third rail.

I’m personally hoping for NJT with Amtrak layers.
    The German locomotive hauled DB Regio trains are some of my favorite runs in TSW. The equipment would be very very similar.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  50. Blacknred81

I don't see a route being fully NJT mainly for the fact that NJT really only operates 1 AC electric locomotive in modern times (The ALP44s were retired early 2010s), the ALP46/As. And the code states AC only, no duel mode locos, so no ALP45s.