2023: The Year Of Rolling Stock Dlc

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by simontreanor81, Nov 2, 2022.

1. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Pendolino Rabe 503 runs Basel Olten Sursee Luzern then Milano Centrale via Gotthard Base Tunnel
    Rabe 502 twindexx this runs IR15 Geneva Contrin Airport Olten Sursee Luzern. These are also missing on Luzern Sursee.

• Like Like x 1
  2. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I still stand by my Classic British Multiple units Loco pack, i want more of those and it would add diversity to the Historic UK route

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

Agree, would like to see Viewliners but it's probably only something like NYP to Trenton that would make sense for it.

4. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

It'd be great if they went back and added locos for older routes. A 56 for TVL with MGR hoppers or a 25 for NTP would be great. Would also be good to see a 60 included in a route at some point (considering they have a DB/EWS licence)

• Like Like x 2
  5. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

56 would be nice on NTP along with TVL also I would like to see some more 1st gen DMUs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

Here's a more sane approach I would very much be in favor of: More pack style loco DLC. As in having a loco DLC where you get multiple very similar variants of a loco where the model has to be barely changed, or a pack with multiple liveries from different operators.
    A few examples: If the 187 had been a better DLC from the get-go, it would have been great to have had a few more operators, maybe even a multi system or last mile version and a 147. I would have been prepared to pay for this. I would probably even pay for an "expansion pack" if the 187 ever were to reach an acceptable standard, seeing as it's unlikely we will ever see derived models included in new routes now.
    Other example: If there's ever a 700 DLC, it should at least come with a Southeastern 707 Citybeam that could possibly substitute between Gravesend and Dartford. Maybe even an SWT 707 to make Clapham Junction a bit more alive, but there's probably a licensing issue there.
    Or if we ever see a first gen 185, it should come with a 146.1, or a 146.0 with a 145. Same goes for a Vectron, those newer freight locos really do need a few of those more colourful liveries.
    In many cases, we do see the other similar units trickle in after the first has been added, but it does often take a while and sometimes we never see.
    And Livery Designer really isn't a substitute for this.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  7. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

They would need licenses for all the different liveries. Even though trains may look identical on the outside, there are still major differences in terms of the seating, physics, sounds and other things. So it's a lot of work for the devs. Got the 187, the last mile version and the version in game would be very different from each other. You see where I'm going with this. All this takes up a lot of dev time and it's not as easy as copy and paste since each loco is different even though they may look identical

8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Southern don't operate the 707s, nor between Gravesend and Dartford... thats SouthEastern

9. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

Of course I meant Southeastern.

10. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

At the very least, a more simple Railpool or MRCE version could have been added, maybe with some extra dummy pantographs. The last mile and 147 ideas were more out there, but, as far as reference goes, more possible. And remember, this would have justified a higher asking price.

11. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

For USA, I would like to see

Metro North M8
    Metro North Shoreliner I-IV
    Metro North GE Genesis P32AC-DM
    LIRR C3
    LIRR M9
    LIRR DE/DM30-AC
    Acela
    Amfleet I
    View liner II
    NYC subway rolling stock

12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

There are two Versions M9 LIRR Only and for LIRR & Metro-North M9A. Remember to change Shoe type from Top Contact to Bottom Contact for Metro North

13. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

Metro North M9A currently does not exist but perhaps at some point in the future. From what I heard, Kawasaki is currently having some issues with LIRR M9 production but hopefully soon, Metro North receives some M9A's as the M3A's should retire within 5-10 years

• Helpful Helpful x 1