PC New German Route Discussion And Rumour Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jolojonasgames, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

Not really, it was mostly really just 110s. Which isn't necessarily bad, they can still be reused for some freight. Also objectively nicer looking locos.

2. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

4th gen Dostos were built from 1997 and delivered from the factory in DB red, so there is no getting around it. Maybe they are only integrated as an extra layer, because n-wagons play the leading role. That would be a surprise! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. SHELBY230586

SHELBY230586 Well-Known Member

Could also be possible 2008 was BR 111 with n-Wagen and Karlsruher Kopf there on the way.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  4. SHELBY230586

But the BR 110 would also be possible. seen here on the last day of action in 2010.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    On the picture as with the BR 111 you can see the modernized platform which i personally don't like at all i like the old one more.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

Yeah, from what I was able to tell, the 111 was only sometimes used as a substitute loco on that route, for the RB with N-wagen as well as in front of the Dostos instead of the 146. Still not exactly a regular occurrence.

6. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

This doesn't fill me with much optimism. What *new* could this route offer? All I can think of is older rolling stock - 110/111 with n-wagen, but on a short and flat route.

7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

This is even less inspiring than the Birmingham Cross City and even shorter (45km = 28 miles vs 35 miles for BCC); the redeeming feature has got to be vintage stock and layers/Journeys added to existing German routes otherwise really another one to skip. We need longer, interesting dare I say iconic routes not yet more flat, dull commuter runs.

• Like Like x 2
  8. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I agree. I will wait with saying too much until more is known, but we do need longer, intereasting and definetely iconic routes that add new gameplay (be it by means of older rolling stock or different motive power sources such as diesels and steam, or both). Let's hope this ticks at least some of those boxes.

9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I play some vintage '80-'90 in ZUSI now and I have to say, German vintage machines, with TSW UEngine potential, with the new weather, and dense timetabling, this could be something big and refreshing. New trains and rolling stock are a must, I agree.

• Like Like x 6
  10. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

This could be a nice route if the branch to Nordenham would be realized as well (but it would add 50km to the 44km already mentioned).

Lots of freight and passenger services could be simulated on that line, too. From 2004 DB were actually using the 425 down that line from Bremen. Thats also why my bet for the timeframe would be 2004-2010, as all passenger trains were operated by DB at the time, as far as I know, most of them are already in game, like the 146 and the 425. As a new train I could also imagine the BR110 plus n-wagen. The 141 was operating the line to Nordenham before the 425s arrived, however, we will not get two new locos, I would guess

• Like Like x 4
  11. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Looks interesting to me. I like a more urban setting and sounds like there will be plenty of freight.

Hope it's set towards the earlier part of the era so we get some different rolling stock.

12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Take my money now.

• Like Like x 7
  13. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Providing there's atleast one retro train included and the route set in an era not yet visited in Germany then I'll be opening my wallet, if its set post 2010 with a recycled loco or DMU then it will be consigned to the same bucket as BCC (a 50% sale).

• Like Like x 1
  14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I join the prayer \o/
    110 110 110

• Like Like x 2
  15. OldVern

I would go for it with some Silverfish stock - even in refurbished passably comfortable state!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Just to get a quick overview:

At 13:00 the train arrives at Oldenburg.
    And here are a few clips of trains in 2010 on that line!
    As many have already mentioned: The Br110 with N-Wagen would be legendary!!

And if you would like something from 1994:

To be honest: I would love this route in 2009. With a Br110 and N-Wagen, improved Dostos, an IC cab car or a Br146.1 this would be a day one purchase! The fact that we have a ton of rolling stock for this time period would make this route very busy, and I really like the Br425, which would make an amazing train for this route!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  17. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Did I spy a BR143 with some dostos in the back ground of that 4th video :(

Think we all know whats coming then.....

• Like Like x 5
  18. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

The clap from the doors of those n-Wagen closing is just amazing. I really hope that DTG at least include a BR 110 (preferably with the 'bügelfalte' styling) with n-Wagen for this one.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

That's Magdeburg, pretty far down the InterCity route and very much out of range. I do think there were a few 143s still kicking around Bremen at the time, but they served other routes.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

subject: n-wagons, many from the community want them into TSW and I did a little research which developer has already modeled them for TSC. Unfortunately it's not DTG yet, but a third party called RSSLO, a developer studio from Slovenia. When reaching an agreement, the finished 3D models could be taken over and then must be prepared in the UE4. Otherwise one would first have to model from scratch, which would take a lot of time. Since DTG, as the publisher of TSC, has already established a good third-party network, this can ultimately pay off. It can be one way to bring n-wagons into the game. In the past it was similar with Rivet. The BR204 first came out as a TSC addon from DTG before becoming Rivet's first TSW DLC.
    Incidentally, this also applies to the third party developer Union Workshop, which plans its first project for TSW and specializes in Asian railways. Usually the first steps are always made in TSC before the much more demanding jump into TSW takes place.

RSSLO.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  21. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Rivet had nothing to do with that version, and I'm pretty sure they built their version from scratch. Just because something exists in TSC already doesn't mean that the version in TSW is directly connected with it. Hell, within TSC itself there's cases where you have two versions made of a loco that are made independently of each other. Bossman's Black 5 didn't use the Kuju version as a base, nor did Reppo/DTG's AC4400CW use the Searchlight AC44 as a base.

Now granted, what you're suggesting has happened, Spirit of Steam uses the models from Bossman Games TSC versions of their respective locos. What you're suggesting is possible, but the 204 ain't a good example of that.

22. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

About as much time as it would need as to convert something from TSC. It just is not as simple as most people seem to imagine. Reusing TSC content in TSW is basically not worth the effort. What can be reused from TSC is research material.

• Like Like x 2
  23. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

This would be a 1st day purchase for me if it came with classic rolling stock, and of course the now rare Baureihe 425. The BR 110/n-wagen would make up for the flat and uninteresting landscape.

• Like Like x 4
  24. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Maybe... just maybe... there are branches included? We are only going by the name in the database, but what if there are more destinations in between? Don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but it's possible.

• Like Like x 3
  25. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The quality, and the new rolling stock will make me not to count the distance. But! No more re-used only, not this time, or - not even to the court but to the pope themself :)

• Like Like x 1
  26. SHELBY230586

absolutely right. if we assume that the section of the RS3 (green) is the main route and then the section RS4 (red) is added, then that wouldn't be so bad. but one must not forget that there are some very demanding buildings that have to be built, which is certainly very time-consuming.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  27. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I have to correct you, the BR204 3D model was originally created in 3dsMax by DTG and then imported from Rivet into the UE4. Meanwhile small changes were made to the converted 3D model, for example increasing the buffer beams or modifying the cooling hose on the side.
    Rivet has published a making of video about it:

Of course not everything can be copied directly from TSC into TSW. That's right. Apart from other materials and shaders, the physics needs to be completely reprogrammed. Nevertheless, ready-made 3D meshes are very helpful, since the Unreal Engine cannot be used for modeling like with professional 3D software (Maya, 3dsMax or Blender).

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

n Wagen would be an asolute dream and i really hope for an entirely new train for this Route. Then a 363 and other older locos like a 155 or 143 could layer in.
    You cant do a 2000 ish german route without n Wagen, but this also means that there'd have to be a new Loco, coaches, and a cab car, and unlike the ICs on HRR, you really need one on this route as trains terminate at Bremen Hbf and you woulndt really see top and tail formation there.
    With DTGs current new trains output, i dont expect an entire trainset made completely from scratch, but theres hope of course.
    On the other hand for such a short route you surely have more time to focus on rolling stock ;) ....

But if there are n wagen with a cab car, i am hoping for a Wittenberger instead of Karlsruher Kopf....

• Like Like x 5
  29. Jonne1184

I could not find any reference to Wittenberger cab cars used on that route, so I would prefer the realistic variant, which is the Karlsruher cab car.

• Like Like x 1
  30. toms87

toms87 Well-Known Member

As someone, who has lived close to route and driven on it in real life as a german driver: the route could be very interesting IF they add Bremen main freight yard and the Nordenham branch. Otherwise it is a little short and not much to do... but in it´s defense: it has a huge variety of freight and also a couple of IC/ICE services a day.
    But it needs new stock and more than the bare route to Oldenburg. Otherwise: not so great.

• Like Like x 9
  31. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Now that the info is basically out there, looking kinda forward to Bremen - Oldenburg. Hope they make a little more out of it than just the small branch. But, to be honest I would really expect a new train set. If it would be just the route without anything at all I think most of the community would be pretty disappointed. I'll be looking forward to it if it means we get new rolling stock. A BR141 with n-Wagen and a Karlsruher Kopf would be an absolute delight! It'd also be cool if the Br425 gets some more work to do.

• Like Like x 7
  32. Jonne1184

I think you need to pick one of the two, as both do not match each other timeframe wise. The more I think about it, the more likely it becomes, that it will probably be set late 2000s with the 110 plus n-Wagen being the new train and a lot taken over from other routes, as that would give you quite an interesting and full timetable. Earlier than that would mean to have at least two complete new trains and I highly doubt that, even though I would prefer something before the all red era.

The 110 plus n-Wagen is just my guess though, as there are other options.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...made a comparison of the two common n-wagon cab car types, the "Karlsruher Kopf" is the most appropriate version for BOB. I also found some other nicely made 3D models, available for TSC, including the two cab car versions. They're from 3DZug. It's a developer studio from Germany with own online-shop and not to find on Steam. Even Maik from TSG is working together with them.

n-wagons cab car.jpg

...hopefully we won't put too much pressure on the developer side after the unwanted leak, but the trend in the community is towards classic rolling stock like the older n-wagons. If they shouldn't come for BOB yet, then they should at least be noted on the notepads. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  34. haiopais

haiopais New Member

I've spent lots of hours playing around in TSC with all kinds of these n-Wagen from 3DZug (the former rw0381 ones). Since the first version of TSW I'm waiting for classic n-Wagen with the famous "Knallfrosch" 141 :love: or the 110. IMO the 110 would be kind of a quite economic choice, because it's very close to the 140 for freight trains. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  35. OldVern

Now I would happily pay £30 or even £35 for the network shown there...

• Like Like x 3
  36. SHELBY230586

You speak to my heart and I'm sure many others do too. Of course there are also many out there who just want the new stuff, they should get it. but there are also us who have been waiting for the classic train for a long time.
    Of course, the BR 218 is right at the top of my list. It is already clear to me that the one for the route will not come here, but I am not committed to it, I am happy no matter what will come.

• Like Like x 1
  37. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Nevermind. I also meant the BR110. However, if I had to choose I definitely want a new trainset. I'd just love to have more to do in the BR425/an updated version of it. Right now its only used for some regional express trains and you can't do a full service with it afaik. I'd love doing a full S-Bahn service with it. But I'm going OT now :D

38. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

Here's an idea for a secondary new-ish recycled loco in addition to the 110+N-Wagen: A euro spec Class 66.
    This is actually only half joking. The Class 66 in its current state is really good and there's going to be a necessity for a heavy diesel freight loco to implement the freight services that go to Wilhelmshaven beyond Oldenburg, because that route is only currently being electrified.
    Now 66's do actually do freight on the route irl. And there aren't that many options beyond having a new diesel loco here: Either you leave a lot of freight services out of the timetable, pretend the route is electrified and have electric locos run all the way to the respective portal, or maybe you implement some sort of (not necessarily realistic) loco change in Oldenburg and have a V100 take over. At any rate, I don't think having the V100 do those services entirely would be a good idea.
    Now a 66 could offer playable services from Bremen to Oldenburg and continue as AI to Wilhelmshaven. The necessary modifications would probably be a new driving desk and new headlights, maybe some different vents. Some euro 66s even kept their old EWS liveries, although I never saw any of those around Oldenburg.
    Now do I expect DTG to do this? No. But it would very much be cool and bring one of the best UK vehicles in the game to German tracks too. Even a loco DLC at some point would be much appreciated.

• Like Like x 5
  39. Jonne1184

I guess it is only a matter of time until we see the Class 66 on a German route. They are quite a regular sight in Germany.

40. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

It's about time we get one. Would love to take the Class 66 on some of those hilly routes through the mountains. They're little fun to drive on the current selection of UK routes that feature 66s.

• Like Like x 2
  41. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...I've seen several Class66 from Freightliner driving through my hometown with long gravel trains. Furthermore I found a suitable photo, where you can see two Class66 (more precisely more environmentally friendly Class77 or BR247) from Euro Cargo Rail parked in Oldenburg.

Class66 in Oldenburg.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Yaaaahhh, but the sexiest thingy ever in this picture is the red lady. Unquestionable. ;)

• Like Like x 6
  43. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Agree, of all the locomotives on offer, that's the one I would take for a ride.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

What about the blue 155, also much appreciated!

45. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...if the BR155 gets Livery Designer compatibility, nothing stands in the way of a "Pressnitztalbahn" version. But Creators Club does not yet have license for this.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...true, somehow stands out! ;)

47. solicitr

Well, they'd have to change the nose.

48. haiopais

haiopais New Member

To 110 287 the noses were exactly the same. But more aerodynamic 110s are much prettier.

49. solicitr

Only if it's set in the 1990s. All the 110.1 and 110.2 variants were retired by 2003.

50. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

On Steamdb.info is App2101382 (i guess New german route) in rc preview