Train Sim World 3 - Patch Notes: November 8th | Comment

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by breblimator, Nov 8, 2022.

1. breblimator

breblimator Guest

still an issue (BR 182 Dispolok)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

- Crash when closing the game is still present!

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Averrnor

Averrnor Member

Yep, still there.

• Like Like x 4
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I hope the crazy dancing LZB is the Gaining Mass exclusive issue. This is really bad here.

5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Confirm Im still getting crashes when exiting to desk top on steam.

• Like Like x 2
  6. redrev1917

No visible improvement on London Commuter (which was always the worst for me).

7. Texasrangers UK

Texasrangers UK Member

Game still crashes on exit for me too.

• Like Like x 3
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Yep, just ran a few services on BML and when I closed the game UE engine crash

• Like Like x 1
  9. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Remember it was reduced, not removed completely lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

It crashed for me after playing harlem line

11. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

Regarding "Reduced Micro-stuttering across the game"

Try an ICE3 on any Dresden - Riesa - Service. Still bad stuttering, up to 3 seconds duration(!), every few seconds. Annoying as hell.

On a Core i9 with a 3080TI on a M2 SSD.

12. PeteW

PeteW Active Member

Diappointing to hear that stuttering not much/any better. No TSW3 for me until it's fixed. It drove me crazy in TSW2 (enough that I have stopped playing at all). I think I am particularly suceptible to noticing stutter - CRT screens of old used to give me a headache in seconds if refresh too low - Guessing this triggers a similar effect.

• Like Like x 3
  13. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

On Riesa Dresden yes my eyes just burn.
    I think DTG will never win the war against stuttering.
    I'm not sure if they really want to win it at all since many years...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. rennekton#1349

Yea, I've read in an older post that it would require modifications to the code which would take a while in order to remove the stutters. There was like a post by someone who knows a ue dev who was able to remove the stuttering but it requires you to write the correct code which can be complex and timeconsuming I believe. I don't remember the actual forum post but it was mentioned in that

• Like Like x 2
  15. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I still get the unreal credits scene when I exit too

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

I believe the stuttering refers to the camera view when you pan around and not actual game stutters

• Like Like x 1
  17. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

DTG needs to fix the stuttering and performance. Game is almost unplayable

• Like Like x 1
  18. maxipolo12

I hope that the 6€ that we have to pay mor for a DLC will allow DTG to employ a qualified employee to delete Stuttering :D :D :D

• Like Like x 2
  19. maxipolo12

20. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

I fear this is wishful thinking at this point. Something is just not right with TSW core code

21. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Do we know when the next fix for the stuttering will be released?

22. maxipolo12

You will never have a fix that will fixe the entire stuttering in TSW

23. paul.tuc

paul.tuc New Member

Have lost the Dispolok 182 again after it was fixed last time. Serious regress on software builds with TSW2 Prototype

24. acerratoe

acerratoe New Member

Hello everyone, this is my first message and probably my last.

It's a shame how companies like DTG, SCS (ET2), etc... tease us. Always bringing out new DLC's, in the case of TSW, a new TSW3 game and always the same thing, endless stuttering, objects appearing out of nowhere 10 meters away from you, shadows doing the same thing.... breaking all immersion.
    Why once and for all, instead of releasing new content, don't they focus on fixing these annoying problems that make these products unplayable?

Really, these simulators could be wonderful and you really notice the work done, but please focus on fixing these things before releasing DLC's non-stop....

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  25. ARuscoe

Why do people continue to use words like "unplayable" when statistics show thousands of people continue to play the game on a weekly basis. If many other people are playing the game then it cannot by definition be unplayable

• Like Like x 8
  26. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I agree with you I am one who continues to play despite the ongoing issues that need fixing. But none the less I still find it very enjoyable and relaxing to play. In no means is TSW3 "unplayable".

• Like Like x 4
  27. Michael Newbury

I will add this to my comment above I was in a bad car accident on Nov 5, I was not physically hurt and appeared neither was anyone else. But the situation could have much different and because of the that I am suffering from PTSD and I finding playing TSW3 calming.

• Like Like x 3
  28. rennekton#1349

I think unplayable refers more to services that truly are unplayable. If a train randomly derails at a standstill or right when the service starts, it becomes unplayable. Or if you get stuck at an infinite red light. Tsw is playable, but certain services are unplayable.

• Like Like x 3
  29. ARuscoe

And this is where the rhetoric of the internet comes in
    rather than stating a case, having a discussion or even helping things move forward people talk in absolutes and lose a lot of their audience. I would agree that there are things which kill the enjoyment of the game, are frustrating, and even kick you out of any given run, but to say the whole game is unplayable isn't my experience

• Like Like x 5
  30. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

A game can become "unplayable" for some players if it consistently stutters even if they have high end hardware. TSW3 has major stutter and performance issues.

• Like Like x 1
  31. ARuscoe

I have mid range hardware and stutters are noticable, but doesn't make it unplayable. Irritating maybe, but the game continues.
    YMMV

• Like Like x 1
  32. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

If the issues become so frequent that it's completely random if you'll be able to complete any given play session, then yes, it's not unreasonable to describe the game as "unplayable". In such a state, it's not possible to sit down with an expectation of being able to play.

I wouldn't know how else to describe the evening where I tried to play the game but was met with (before the save was restored) one service which crashed to desktop, losing all my progress as there was no save. One service where the locomotive launched vertically into the stratosphere as I removed the brakes. Three times in a row until I gave up on restarting the service. One service where I got a red light half an hour in that never cleared, and one service where a red light at the starting station for a service that passes while you load passengers never cleared.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  33. ARuscoe

I've just played four timetable runs on three different routes without a hitch
    Couple of minor issues such as starting at the wrong cab end of a 66 but nothing stopping me completing all four with gold awards...

Yup, those are all irritating, and if recreatable should be fixed. I've had random red light issues that next time I did them cleared fine (but reported), I've had trains fall over (buffer issue, recently fixed), I've had freight trains overspilling red lights, trains parked at Strood that never move etc
    So I either wait for a fix and play other services or I just rerun them and don't get the issue again (the falling over was me putting the brakes on too hard combined with the buffer issue, so I just drove more gently coming into Higham)

In other words the game was eminently playable, with known issues

34. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I have the same experience. In fact, I have an even better experience. Never had a derailment, not a single red light issue, minimal stuttering if at all. I have a pretty high end system and play very cautiously. And, although I have great admiration for the modders, I never touch the game files. My issues with TSW are mostly to do with prices, quality and the way the game is designed and developing.

However, if I experienced the issues that many people are reporting, I might describe the game as " unplayable ", because that level of frustration, the strong possibility that I wouldn't be able to complete a service, would dissuade me from starting the game. That's why I simply don't even bother starting some night services on CRR, for example. At my age I don't have the time or patience to deal with those issues and my playing time is so limited that I can't afford to constantly start over, even with the save game reinstated.

So, " unplayable " is really down to the individual and his/her tolerance level.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

As I said, it is perfectly reasonable for someone to describe the game as such if in their experience it is as buggy as that.

For me the day I described was a one off, normally I will experience one or at most two experiences like this in a single play session. Still more than should be expected from a game, but definitely what we have learned to expect from this one. In my case, I noted those services down as broken in my notebook so that next time I had time free to play I wouldn't waste my time on them.

For someone who gets that level of luck several times in a row and just happens to keep choosing bugged services, perhaps they really want to play Peninsula Corridor for example? In my case it's Tharandter Rampe I've had the most issues with, so I just don't play it at all, but maybe they are one of the many experiencing crashes still in London Commuter? For someone trying to enjoy the game whose experience is a majority of crashes, loading the wrong loco, derailments for no reason at the start of a run, etc. then their experience of the game, of what they have tried to do, has been of it being unplayable.

If I actually loaded all the broken services I have made note of in the past, and none of them had seen bugfixes over the years, I could go for a solid eight hours or so of just continually running into glitches that render services impossible to complete. Some players will have the bad luck of choosing services in that list, or ones with bugs I have yet to encounter, one after another.

36. ARuscoe

Better to express it that way than come onto a pubic forum and tell other people what their experiences will be (which are instantly disprovable)

37. Michael Newbury

I have a similar setup and have noticeable stutters but I am still able to play threw without major problems. Do agree it can be irritating that it happens but does not make it unplayable.

38. acerratoe

acerratoe New Member

OK, maybe "unplayable" is not the right word. The game is playable, but with certain problems that, for me personally and I imagine that for a large part of the community it is a total break in the immersion and enjoyment of these simulators.

What I am trying to express is that I do not understand that (in this case, although it is not the only company) DTG, release new DLC and in fact even a "new" game and this still has the same ballast in terms of performance ie: stuttering and shadows, cars on bridges and mountains appearing out of nowhere ....

I'm not a programmer and I imagine it must be difficult to get everything to flow 100%, and creating a simulator like this is a difficult undertaking. But please, instead of constantly releasing new material, couldn't a little more effort be put into fixing certain problems that have been recurring for the last 8 or 10 years?

• Like Like x 1
  39. redrev1917

Ive done 21 services over the last 3 days, completed 19/21 and 2 derailments - one hitting the buffer and the other going over interlocking at 30 mph over the speed limit.

Yeah the games unplayable.

• Like Like x 2
  40. ARuscoe

And that is a completely valid point, and indeed discussions have been had on that many times
    DTG have been working on various aspects of those systems over times and as you have said, the matters are complex

• Like Like x 1
  41. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

That means there are still a lot of derailment issues if 3 out of 21 services derail...

42. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Not if it's the driver's fault! I would bloody well hope the game registers a derailment if you hit a buffer, or blast through an interlocking at high speed.

• Like Like x 1
  43. stanciupushing

stanciupushing New Member

How it was?

44. redrev1917

So would I, both derailments where completely my fault and in no part down to the fault of the game.

45. breblimator

breblimator Guest

An interesting thing is, my game do not crash on exit when with '-dx12' in launch options (.. but there are other issues). BR o7

46. maxipolo12

Even with -dx12 I have crash.
    But not after every game session

• Like Like x 1