What Br Blue/sectorisation Route Would You Like To See?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jolojonasgames, Nov 1, 2022.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    as indicated by the relatively low amount of UK suggestions in my signature below my expertise on UK routes is limited. I do however really like driving them, and I really like that there are some 'vintage' UK routes like Tees Valley Line and Northern Transpennine. It however (excluding WCL as that is a Rivet release) has been a while since a route in this vintage UK setting. I'd love to see one again, using the best of the stuff we already have with layers from NTP, TVL and/or WCL, but also adding something new (like perhaps a class 43 HST in it's original or Swallow livery). I'd also love to see some of the BR large logo livery and/or the NSE livery. The late '80s to early '90s are just amazing in terms of livery variety, while still giving a somewhat unified feel as one company, just one desperately looking to rebrand itself in an attempt to seem more modern and to avoid privatisation. My personal favourite UK liveries (InterCity Swallow, Railfreight Sectorisation, BR Large Logo Blue and Regional Railways) are all from this era of UK railway history, and combined with the iconic original BR blue still being around on much of the rolling stock gives a great variety and atmosphere to many of the trainspotting videos from that era, and the model railways set in that era.

As mentioned before though, I would not know what route would be best to show off this variety by adding new rolling stock alongside the layering of previous rolling stock. What would you guys like to see? Perhaps a part of the ECML with newly introduced class 91 InterCity 225 sets would be good, but the game also needs a ECML and/or WCML in the modern era and many would complain about that being set in the wrong era. Let me know what you guys think!

2. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

My dream route is a BR blue route in the late 70s/early 80s. That route would be the ECML between York and Peterborough. Some of the rolling stock which could be included are HSTs (with Paxman Valenta engines), Class 55 Deltics, Class 47s, Class 46s ( Though as a temporary measure 45/1s could be layered in as this did happen occasionally), Class 56s, Class 37s, Class 31s along with other locos of the era.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Sounds absolutely great. I always wanted to see a route with the original HSTs alongside the Deltics that slowly got replace by them :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

The sound still rings in my ears now!!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Anything that would bring a Class 210 DEMU to life is likely a Great Western Suburban route perhaps including the branch lines between Paddington and Reading.
    Perhaps also a South Western route with the shortlived Class 445 and 446 (4PEP & 2PEP) prototype EMUs.

6. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I agree with users above, i would like a ECML Route, particularly a remake of the TSC OG Newcastle - York, but another one i would really like is The Calder Valley Line early 80s in essence it could be a Sister route to NTP,
    I made a suggestion about this before, you can have the Class 110 DMUs and alongside that i suggested the Class 40 although new Variant we dont have ig, mainly freight use, and of course the aspect if it being a Sister route to NTP, so Layering is High on this one,

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I've dropped a number in the Suggestion Box since joining the forum, but at this point it's either got to be something north of Scotland (preferably Class 26/27 era) or another industrial themed route. My favourite would be Yorkshire coal, based around Knottingley when all the collieries and power stations were still open. Give me Class 56's and 60's thundering through Sudforth Lane on a regular basis bound for Eggborough and Drax Power Stations, or coal being loaded at Kellingley and hauled off towards Ferrybridge or West Burton.

The other area which would be fascinating and scenic is around Peak Forest, Tunstead etc. Good action and nice scenery but include the passenger line from Buxton down towards Stockport. Simsig do (well, did) a traffic simulation of this area but sadly due to some sort of internal squabble you can only run the demo for about half an hour and the full version can no longer be purchased. There's also a Don Coffey cab ride that covers this area, one for the freight route and one for the passenger run.

• Like Like x 2
  8. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

The ones that would most interest me;

A remake of the original TSC/Railworks Newcastle to York route set in the 70's with a Class 55 Deltic and/or a Valenta HST, incorporating BR Blue liveries for the Class 20 and maybe the Class 37. Plus layers for the Class 31 and NTP stock. Lots of variety potential there!

Scunthorpe to Immingham and Barton-on-Humber to Cleethorpes in the 90's, with a Regional Railways Class 153 and a Sectors livery Class 60. Layers for the TVL Class 20 & 37 and probably the 101. Moderately sized freight-focused route with lots of movements and some actual end-to-end freight runs to and from the steelworks! Plus local passenger runs using a quirky DMU which could layer back onto WCL.

Weymouth to Bournemouth, 1980's. With a Class 33/1 hauling 4-TC sets. Good reuse for the seemingly forgotten Class 33 from WSR with some good diesel action and varied driving (using the 4-TC as a cab-car). Also should include the Weymouth Quay Tramway!

• Like Like x 2
  9. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

WCML South Euston to Birmingham New Street 1970s features BR Blue Classes 81-87 locomotives. These are the British Tap Changer locomotives same era as an East German Deutsche Reichsbahn Baureihe 211 242 & 250 (RSN 155)

10. seagull81006

seagull81006 Active Member

Cotswold Line (Hereford - Didcot Parkway) in the late 80s - early 1990s, with HSTs and the other Locos/DMUs that ran on the line at the time would be my choice

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I've said it several times now, but the Great Eastern Main Line in 1989.

Express services hauled by Class 86s and 47s (I've seen photos of 37s and even 31s subbing in around the time).

Class 302, 307, 308, 309 and 312s on Network SouthEast services, plus of course the new generation of 315s and the brand new Class 321s.

Freight hauled by Class 31s, 37s, 47s, 86s (even the occasional 87 was seen).

Loco-hauled parcels services mainly hauled by 31s

Multiple Unit Parcel Services with the 302/9s and 308/4s.

And all of that's just scratching the surface really.

So many different liveries too, Intercity, Network SouthEast, BR Blue, Large Logo, various different iterations of railfreight, Royal Mail etc etc.

It would be glorious, and completely beyond the reasonable scope of any project for TSW2. Personally the 86/2s and Mk2s in Intercity livery coupled with an NSE Multiple Unit and a 37 for freight would be a brilliant place to start, of course subbing in the 31s, 37s and 47s from other routes and the Mk1 BGs for parcels services.

One of the other passenger units or a parcels unit would make a great loco add-on, the 302 in both passenger and parcels configuration would be brilliant.

If Dovetail were to go ahead on such a route I've been building up a collection of timetables covering passenger, freight and even departmental workings along with spotter books and track plans all centred on the Great Eastern around 1989 which I'd be happy to lend to the team to help develop the route.

It really would be my perfect route for a train sim, I don't think I would ever play anything else :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  12. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

WCML north in the 1990s something like Preston - Carlisle. Could include an Intercity livery 90, 87 or 86 and reuse something like the 31, 37 or 47 in a different livery for freight

13. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Anything that has the Class 86 or 87 imo.

• Like Like x 1