Xbox Broken Achievements / Trophies

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by coasterflo, Apr 20, 2022.

1. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

you can add the trophy for doing 10 journey chapters. did this on ps4 today and no trophy popped on that version, though it did pop fine on ps5 version a few months ago. unsurprisingly, more frustration of basic stuff not working.

2. seymourgoals

seymourgoals Member

Dresden Commuter trophy for Dresden-Riesa on Train Sim World 2 still not fixed after one year!

• Like Like x 3
  3. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

Scandalous. Period.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Hello everyone,

We are actively working on addressing these uncompletable achievements and have noted all the ones mentioned so far.

Please see this thread to submit new reports so that we can condense all the information - keep any additional chatter elsewhere so that this new space can be purely for logging problems with achievements and make it easier for us to report back to our dev teams.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Ahayzo

Ahayzo Member

Alex, it's great that it's being worked on, but it's allegedly been being worked on for quite a while now. An ETA or something would go a long way. Hell, even just "we fully expect a patch fixing all the achievements to be available by the end of the year" would be something. Saying it's being worked on doesn't mean anything when that's the only attempt at communication we ever really get. Your players deserve better than that.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mary

Mary New Member

I was playing Harlem Line (TSW2) for like half the day. I did all three training scenarios, all 80 collectibles (twice!), some scenarios and some timetables.
    I havn't received a single trophy yet.
    Though, according to uhh... trophy related websites these trophies are unlockable. So... I'm just - as always - an unlucky person. *shrugs*
    Guess I'm just going to nap now. It's 3am anyway...

• Like Like x 1
  7. stimp#5938

:mad:15 days to a ticket anniversary. My ticket was submitted on 27th of October 2021. it said:

BR 187: A Long First Trip G5 - Complete the DB BR 187 scenario 'From Aachen to Ehrenfeld'

Achievement is not unlocking after completing the Scenario.

DTG‘s standard response:

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble unlocking certain achievements. To start with, we would recommend that you try the following options.
    • Sign Out of the Xbox Live - Sign out of your account, reboot your console and sign back into your account from the main screen.
    • Wait for the achievement to unlock - If the servers are busy the achievement may not unlock immediately, Try coming back to the game another day, and the achievement may unlock during normal gameplay.
    • Re-attempt the achievement- Repeat the criteria for the trophy
      • While offline
      • In a new player profile.
    And here we are. Funny how Pringle problems got solved. :mad:

• Like Like x 3
  8. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

You also have to say that TSW 3 is actually launched now and it would be time to catch up on the promises of TSW 2.

We have all shown enough understanding. DTG JD

• Like Like x 1
  9. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey folks - this is the latest on Achievements (have timestamped the section of the stream where we discuss it):

10. stimp#5938

upload_2022-10-14_19-29-15.gif

• Like Like x 1
  11. coasterflo

So first of all, I think it's nice how dtg_jd is now moderating this in the stream and you're also representing the points of view. Especially the statement with "12 months are actually not acceptable" shows that you can understand our point of view and understand the frustration.

What is not quite clear to me from the section, or maybe I just oversensitive after the Cement Circle story.
    It still says that it will also be fixed for TSW 2?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like Like x 1
  12. coasterflo

Ah and again the suggestion because you meant so that you are more flexible in the future.

What would be the with Xbox Beta testers who just support you to test the Achievement and collectibles. In doubt in the first days or the days just before that you have direct feedback and it could promptly incorporate.

Think that would be an advantage for both sides.

• Like Like x 2
  13. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

where is the accessibility thread? had a gander and don't see it.

14. stimp#5938

Well, here’s another one that didn’t unlock for me:

CRR: Doing what you can

Which is weird because this does seem to unlock for everyone else.

15. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd like to know that too as I've had a look in all of the sub forums and can't find it!

16. stimp#5938

:mad:And here we go ladies and gents! Exactly one year ago I submitted my ticket for the failing BR 187 achievement. I really don’t mind the occasional bug or drop in frame rate. Mistakes are a fact of life.
    But to still be broken after a full year is pure disrespect.
    So here you go DTG you are rewarded the Cold Shower Award 2022 for your lack of effort and disrespecting your customers. For stalling us by saying you are aware of the problem, for saying you have it logged, for making Pringle troubles a priority. Feel free to share this amazing award with Skyhook Games. Because they have low standards. Question is will you receive this award again in 2023?!
    upload_2022-10-27_20-36-29.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  17. mleestrike101delta

mleestrike101delta Member

I'm on TSW2 for PS4 and two of Sherman Hill's trophies are broken. "Something Borrowed" won't pop after finishing the scenario associated with it, and as a knock on effect, "Wild Best" won't appear after I finished the last scenario (Magnet For Trouble, although I did get the trophy associated with this scenario). All other scenarios completed, even tried "Borrowed" several times with no luck.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  18. stimp#5938

Sorry to hear that. And thanks for the info. I don’t have any solutions here other than opening a ticket. This sadly means there’s another DLC I won’t be playing.
    Sadly enough I was playing Clinchfield Railroad. What a beauty but this happened:
    TSW2, XBOX ONE S, no profile transfer, I know it’s unlockable but it didn’t for me:

CRR: Doing What You Can achievement - Complete Clinchfield Railroad scenario 'Limited Power’

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
  19. DTG Alex

Update as of October 31st:

We've been on the development team each week to track progress of all the broken achievements - we had a potential fix which ended up going through our QA process and hasn't seemed to work, so the team are working on another solution, but they are actively working on fixes.

• Like Like x 4
  20. fanatico

fanatico New Member

Any idea what’s the current strategy?
    Fixing all bugs at once or step by step?
    I really expect more communication from the deva, especially if you expect from us to buy more of your buggy software.
    You really should consider that we can live without your buggy games, but you can’t without our money!!!

• Like Like x 1
  21. ibanez#4068

ibanez#4068 New Member

I really can't see why it takes so long to fix achievements that do not have a complex set of unlock conditions.

Take this one for example:

DRA: Dresden Commuter
    G20 - Operate the DB 143 for 143 kilometres

There are at least 65 other achievements just like this in TSW2, all of which are working correctly. How difficult is it to compare the code with the broken achievement, to one of the same type that is working? Or, start from the beginning and add/create a new achievement with the correct unlock conditions and code. Achievements are added to the game almost every time new content is released, so this cannot be a time consuming task.

Same goes for this one:

BR 187: A Long First Trip
    G5 - Complete the DB BR 187 scenario 'From Aachen to Ehrenfeld'

Not a complex set of unlock conditions. The same type of achievement exists in the game multiple times already.

• Like Like x 1
  22. DTG Alex

It is definitely a step by step process, and to answer ibanez#4068 our developers have many many years of experience and are actively working on this, trying different solutions - it is always more complex under the hood I'm afraid - we'll update you as we get more of them fixed, it may be a group of them we can fix each patch, depending on how much time they get working on it.

23. stimp#5938

At this point it’s a simple “seeing is believing”. Because all we see with the new TSW3 is more trouble. Perhaps delay the new Birmingham route. Because at this point we expect bugs, blips and everything alike. Wouldn’t be a surprise.

• Like Like x 3
  24. coasterflo

So I agree that new content is released all the time, but fixing two achievements that appear so many times in the game takes endless time.

I would like to start TSW 3 soon, but I am still waiting to finish TSW 2.

• Like Like x 2
  25. stimp#5938

I feel you. Same here I’d like to start TSW3 but reading through all the things in that special thread here makes me very weary. So much so that I still think it’s best to wait another year maybe even two. I don’t want to be disappointed again.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I am mostly still playing TSW2 just to finish it up, gives them time to issue fixes for TSW3. I wish they would not bother with the collectable trophy / achievements as they can go wrong so easily but new dlc already has a collectable one.

• Like Like x 1
  27. stimp#5938

Same here. It’s still a fun and good game. Trying to avoid dlc with faulty achievements. Found one though on Clinchfield Railroad where the achievement for finishing the Limited Power scenario didn’t unlock. So I opened a ticket but after at least two weeks no one from DTG responded to that ticket. Sigh… Anyway I do hope they get TSW3 running, it’s a but Cyberpunky 2077 at the moment.

28. stimp#5938

7D0C5156-9468-4568-9D10-7A2FC5332DB6.jpeg Well it’s official. I’ve tried this many times, online, offline and with multiple profiles. Power cycled my xbox and everything else.

Clinchfield Railroad
    CRR: Doing What You Can

After meeting all requierments and finishing the scenario Limited Power. The achievement did not unlock.

Now I opened a ticket about this problem DTG JD about a month ago. But no one at your company answered in any way. It’s still being processed.

29. DTG JD

Thank you for raising it - we are trying to get through our backlog of tickets, and will get to it as soon as we can. I've raised this for the team to investigate.

(what I would say is that when you respond to a ticket, it repositions your ticket in the queue, so I'd recommend avoiding doing that if you can in the future, please).

• Like Like x 1
  30. Starkiller

Starkiller Well-Known Member

anything new about the 2 Achievements , i mean Br 187 an BR 143 , when will we get our patch finally ?

31. stimp#5938

I can gladly say this problem was solved! Whooooot! I had to make a new in-game profile though and the achievement didn’t pop, but I did find it in the achievement menu after I met the criteria. I hope this helps anyone else.

32. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

its a good think you can create a new driver / profile for this game as its saved me a few times when stuff does not unlock. I wonder if a matured profile can cause issues ?

• Like Like x 1
  33. hells.high.lord666

here we are almost 3 months on from release and TSW3 is now in the same state for broken achievements as TSW2! True achievements is listing the game as having 3 unobtainable and 1 partly discontinued/unobtainable achievement. With yet another route being released on the 3 month anniversary lets see if DTG can totally embarrass themselves and go for another broken achievement that we know they are going to drag their feet in fixing! Seems like they really do care more about releasing new stuff instead of fixing the old broken stuff

• Like Like x 2
  34. stimp#5938

It’s also funny how they keep saying that they’re improving TSW with every new patch/update while in fact they’re mostly repairing.

35. Starkiller

So whats about to give us a patch every month and finally patch all of them in TSW2 and TSW3 , we are waiting and asking longer than a year now , for 2 achievements in TSW2

• Like Like x 1
  36. stimp#5938

Since the forums are overrun by TSW3 problems, even about the latest DLC, I’m pushing this up again. Nearing the 14th month of the BR187 problems. Shy of two weeks that is.

• Like Like x 1
  37. seymourgoals

seymourgoals Member

Think this thread needs to get continually bumped up, thank you for the other forum members for raising again.
    Two broken trophies in TSW2 have been continuously reported for well over a year now. Been in roadmaps, been mentioned on streams, countless threads on the forums but still no fixes. As far as i know from the forum broken in TSW3 as well.

Just dont see how something like a fix for a broken trophy/achievement would take over a year. Think its got to the point where the players need to know if it will ever be fixed as all we`ve heard is yes its been logged by the internal team, looking into it etc?

I havent bought TSW3 for this reason and others, trophies/achievement still a big issue by the looks of it in TSW3 plus the performance issues.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

RSN valley veteran - complete all RSN scenarios,
    Due to Trunk service being broken, this achievable is incomplete-able

39. shimarin

shimarin Active Member

Bradley
    That's a loco DLC scenario, so technically the Valley Veteran achievement can still be unlocked with Trunk Service broken. You have to uninstall the 363, make a new profile, complete the base RSN scenarios.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  40. stimp#5938

It’s the exact reason why I didn’t start TSW3. I’m just worried the problems will persist. And the fact that I’m reading about trouble with the new German route in the forums doesn’t exactly make it better.

41. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Will give this a try thank you!

42. konradtrains

konradtrains Well-Known Member

DTG is constantly creating new work for themselves, each DLC is half finished and then they somehow try to keep up with patches while new DLCs are already pushing onto the market.

They should finally take the time to work off "old burdens".

Is really outrageous that you have to wait over 1 year for a fix that other developers within hours otherwise subsequently because of the developer rules.

• Like Like x 2
  43. hells.high.lord666

Looks like we can also add GWE:Peak Performance to the list too as it looks like they've managed to break the Aggregate Industries scenario. Have driven it twice and everything goes fine until you have to refuel the loco. The loco the game gave me was nearly full when I reached the fuel point so it turns the fuel tap straight back off and doesn't acknowledge the tank being full!

44. stimp#5938

Sigh. More fixes for TSW3 but nothing for us here who are still asking for a fix. :mad:

• Like Like x 2
  45. Starkiller

hey what about a christmas present for your costumers , TSW 2 still has 2 achievements left broken and TSW3 is collecting more and more broken ones too :(

its sad to see every time its on roadmap and mentioned the team would work on it but , we waiting soo long now , a i feel disapointed.

we pay alot money and all we wanted was the Achievements/trophys to unlock , its part of the game and its annoying that trains get lights and stuff patched but none off the broken achievements are patched , when do we get our stuff patched ???

• Like Like x 4
  46. coasterflo

And again, various DLCs are announced ... but no fix for the Achievements after almost 1.5 years.

Really disappointing DTG. One question, why don't I see the announced Achievement Fix actually in the last Routemap anymore ? DTG JD

Happy Holidays. What you have to say, you listen to the community about the new content, would be nice if you also at the fixes times reported to the community ;)

• Like Like x 2
  47. DTG JD

Hey - these were mentioned in the 'A Quick Note on...' section, and mentioned in the live stream. They're still being investigated.

(I know it's not the response you were hoping for, but it is something we're aware is causing strife).

48. Ahayzo

Ahayzo Member

If they're still being investigated, it means one of a few different concerning possibilities

These issues have been going on for a year or so, if not more (don't remember). Are they seriously taking over a year to investigate a couple broken achievements/trophies, or were they just ignoring the complaints entirely until recently? Because so far with the level of communication we get, it feels a lot like the latter, and honestly I don't know if that's better or worse than the former.

• Like Like x 3
  49. Starkiller

yeah mention it , is nice , but when do we get what we asking for , dont unterstand that really , its disappointing
    its every time the same we oversee and its in work but nothing really happens

• Like Like x 2
  50. DTG JD

Hot off the press, I can see that we're testing the BR 187 Achievement at the moment. No promises it'll be out with the next update, but this one we have a fix for which is currently being looked at.

• Like Like x 3