Cross-city Preview Stream Q&a Thread - 10th November - 17:00 Utc

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG JD, Nov 4, 2022.

1. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

Not true. The recent loco DLCs aren’t there.

And my Q was for DTG to give an A on the stream. Not for people to reply here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bittesteigensieein

bittesteigensieein Member

Can you switch on and off the class 323 passenger lights?
    Does destination display of AI services show?
    Have you included the shorter run services which begin/terminate at New Street early morning and late night?

• Like Like x 3
  3. .battalion.

.battalion. Active Member

It is quite frustrating that some of the AI services to not show.. so I’m curious if they do for the class 323

4. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

I don't even know if this route was featured on the roadmap, so I'm not sure if they are quickly churning out routes to steady the shop. I do get you, it just seems the roadmap does has quite a few inaccuracies.

5. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Alright buddy

6. tom.frame

tom.frame Member

On steam its 51.99 CDN for the route add on also 51.99 CDN for the starter pack I don't need the base game but yet I'm
    paying the same price this is for the pre order on steam. It just seems weird that the 2 are the same price
    I'm not getting any bargain I already have the game.

7. jacobfiremanz

jacobfiremanz Member

Will Birmingham Cross City be priced at £29.99 just for pre-order or will it go back down to the usual £24.99 when released?

8. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It will stay its current price

9. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For Railtour services
    Does WCML Liverpool Crewe and Huddersfield Line NTP do them year round or summer only?

10. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Forgot to comment on this yesterday, but the live stream will now be at 17:00 UTC on Tuesday 15th November.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
  11. eihowa#6717

eihowa#6717 Member

Is it wanted that atleast in swiss francs the route costs the same as the starter pack with the route and TSW3 on steam?

12. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

I had the same question and also a suggestion as a loco DLC or bundle with the future route add on.

Second question would be: since Birmingham New Street is pretty big station to create and not the easiest in terms of time scale. Are there any plans already in place to use Birmingham in future route or will it be one off build at the time being (meaning no future plans, other plans/locations etc)?
    Please treat is as open as possible.

Regardless if there is a future DLC or not (soon) this will still be very valuable route in my collection. There for a third question: Are the new routes also been chosen as which ones could be extended in the future (including Cross City) or reused (in any shape or form)? Again, open minded question.

Thank you!

13. rennekton#1349

In terms of asking them what dlc they aren't working on, if it's not on roadmap or they haven't announced it, it's not being worked is what they are going to say most likely. Dtg can't know what they will be working on. Things could change and other stuff can happen.

14. kennyjamesscott

I'm sorry but I'm not asking what is coming or what is not coming. Now, everyone can interpret my questions as they want, you interpret them that way. That's fine. It's also fine if my questions get ignored. For me though, they are interesting and important questions.
    Thank you for calling me out as an idiot.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rennekton#1349

I was not calling you an idiot. I was more on the lines of dtg are most likely going to say they would love to make more routes but they they have no plans at the moment. Sorry if I came off as insulting or mean. That was not my intent

16. kennyjamesscott

Then please let them ignore my questions.
    I did ask them because I'm interested in the game and love the game. It was important for me to ask those questions so I wouldn't wonder nor ponder about them.
    I'm perfectly happy if there will not be any answer or if there will be the standard answer. Hence why I formulated them the way I did.
    Under no circumstances they should be interpreted as I'm trying to ask what are future DLCs. They are open minded questions.
    Even if they answer to all of my questions, I'm not expecting anything to come anytime soon. All I wanted to know is that if they thought about long term possibilities in the future or not except class 730. Yet this question I believe is taken more as a suggestion than actual question. Still, if they say yes, it would take at least two years to bring it to the game and by that time TSW could have changed unrecognizably.
    Again, they are open minded questions and important to me to ask them. Also, in my eyes, very much connected to the route itself and maybe (ifs and buts) for the future content that may not come, might be in plans or have never been thought about yet.

17. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Is there finally dynamic weather patterns in. Journey mode?

• Like Like x 1
  18. london#6712

london#6712 Active Member

why did you put the price up for a normal length route and so far only with one train

19. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

How come there is only one new loco to this route and will freight services be playable

20. rennekton#1349

The article mentioned that freight services will come as a layer but it's only a couple. And you need to own several other dlc to play freight services

21. paul.tuc

paul.tuc New Member

What are the chances of buying this DLC and actually being able to play it ? It seems like too much of a risk now to buy anything as I cannot get access to trains I have bought.

22. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

I guess, because like anything else, they need to pay the bills and wages too.

23. meee

meee Member

My question is: Will there be any new features different from regular tsw3/2 routes?

• Like Like x 1
  24. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

GSMR shows the head-code and possibly working guard movements. The latter is unconfirmed at this stage.

• Like Like x 1
  25. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

26. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

My question to you:

Why didn't you guys think of extending it to Worcester or Gloucester, as the game can handle routes that far and could include a 170 either in WMR livery or XC livery, (if XC allowed of course), hope this gets answered on stream, thanks guys, brilliant route :)

• Like Like x 1
  27. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Even Walsall and Coventry/Wolverhampton would have offered a bit more route and maybe made it worth £30. But we don't even get Soho Depot...

28. TrainGeek08

I know, the 323s home depot isn't included, I was looking forward to seeing Soho in the game too :(

29. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The answer will inevitably be, “we didn’t have the time/budget to go that far” or something very similar. Both of which is entirely up to DTG and is often, very self-limiting and short-sighted and often stunts a route for future gameplay opportunities (unless they are looking at route extensions as a future feature).

30. TrainGeek08

Yeah, I would expect that answer to be said by Matt on stream if the question gets asked

31. TrainGeek08

All for route extensions got is the infamous "If it's not on the Roadmap..." by JD lol :D