Bring Back The Awesome Lightning Storms!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mike#4092, Nov 9, 2022.

1. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

MFS2020 has you guys beat with the weather, especially the storms. You nerfed it to the point its boring and no reason to turn on rain storm/lightning storm option. Please fix it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s not broken and therefore does not need fixing. I’ve driven in a few of these storms since the update and it appears to be quite authentic now. Much better than the arcade game vengeful gods of the first attempt, with numerous bolts just missing the train like bullets missing the hero in an action movie and smashing the surrounding scenery to bits as he carries a damsel in distress to safety through it all like he’s carrying his shopping home from the store.

• Like Like x 5
  3. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Surprise, surprise, your too predictable mate. I wondered how long it would be before you rocked up again to try and get the unrealistic and rather horrible lightning back. There is every point in playing in the rain and storms as it offers that variety to a route which doesn't make every run the same.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

The original lightning was ridiculous. Much better as it is now.

• Like Like x 3
  5. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Really? What lightning? I set it to rain storm and nothing but thunder and that's it! I set it to lightning storm and nothing! This is better???

6. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

What lightning?? It all is the same man! You blind?

7. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

I see you have nothing to do either pal. What variety? I never see any lightning storms, but that is real? Ok..lol mfs2020 it looks real...tsw looks boring. You guys are as boring as wet cardboard and do not like intense storm realism. Sad.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  8. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

What is authentic? No lightning bolts or intense flashes?! Just boring rain and thunder with an occasional small flash that looks like someone took a picture?? Lol wow! Unbelievable and silly.

• Like Like x 1
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Well it is more realistic now than it was before. I know because I’ve seen many thunder and lightning storms in my time. The flashes could be brighter in some cases depending on the lighting levels in the route but generally they are bright enough. It was definitely unbelievable before.

• Like Like x 2
  10. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

No, I think you need to go look at YouTube vids on storms..lol I have been in storms that kept on lightning like a fireworks show. I seen lightning strike a tree and seen brilliant streaks in the night sky. Do you guys that think this is more real ever go outside? I just do not understand how you think just all rain and thunder with a few little flashes here and there is better?? Don't get it! Smh.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The original lightning was way over done, like a mad science experiment gone wrong or demented Van de Graaf generator. Even now it's a bit overcooked but at least you don't have lightning bolts striking the ground a few feet in front of you. Maybe DTG need to formulate a slider system ranging from Off to Demented...

• Like Like x 3
  12. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

The new, more toned down lightning, is not only realistic, but it's still pretty awesome, imo, with me being able to have captured some really good pictures with it. In comparison to the old lighting however, where the old lightning was much more unrealistic and quite immersion breaking. I'm not saying it's impossible for lightning to strike close to you, but it's also very far from unlikely, so to have the lightning strike dozens of times close by over the course a single service was absolutely ridiculous. So no, I don't want to see them bring back the much worse, unrealistic lightning. Oh, and before you try and say that somehow I'm wrong, I've seen many lightning storms irl, and have watched many many more lightning storms on video, so I have a pretty good idea of how lightning should look, and it's not how it looked in game before. I'm not saying it's perfect as it is now, but it is in a far better place.

• Like Like x 3
  13. matt#4801

There is a clear difference between driving in the rain and driving on a clear summers day.
    In game there are lightning storms and I have seen them quite clearly.
    TSW stands for Train Sim World not Terrific Stormy Weather so I don't know why you are expecting the weather to be exciting.
    I like the storm realism we have in game now as it is actually realistic.
    I have plenty to do mate.

• Like Like x 2
  14. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I have noticed that there are routes with more lightning than others with the same weather configuration.
    In SEHS for example you hear a lot of thunder but it is difficult to see lightning, I don't know why.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

download.png

There is no way the OP is serious.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

I think you guys are missing what I am saying, yes, striking under cover all the time was not correct, but it is nerfed where you never really see intense storms like pre patch. I been in storms that would turn your hair white! Streaks across the sky, lightning bolts, and lots of flashing where it lights up the ground is real.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Good, so go record a vid that shows a realistic intense lightning storm that you guys say still exists. Prove me wrong.

18. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

I think they just nerfed it too much, it was fine the way it was except for strikes under cover. You used to be able to see awesome lightning storms that lit up the whole sky and looked so cool, but now it is boring. Smh. I play MFS2020 and there is an example of awesome looking storms and weather!! I play that more now anyways for the immersion and I like planes/aviation also.

19. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Yes, more options are better and what I do not understand with all these anti-lightning storm guys is you already had the option to turn off the "unrealistic" lightning OFF!! Nerfing it and take away something that some people enjoy is wrong. OPTIONS!

20. matt#4801

All you have to do is set it to a summer month and the weather to the lightning storm and you will see accurate storms.

Anyway I've got some other striking issues on my mind so I am going to bolt off. I would say see you in a flash but don't be shocked if I don't give a reply at the speed of light.

• Like Like x 3
  21. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I partly agree with the OP. It's true that at the beginning it was quite unreal that lightning was constantly falling close by, but now we've gone to the other extreme and they all fall far away, which has made it less spectacular. Seeing a dark night suddenly turn into daylight and light up the whole stage was impressive.
    I give as an example this incredible screenshot by CrAzZyKiLLa that won the screenshot contest with the most likes I remember:
    TSW2_ScreenshotCompetition_LoadingScreen_20.09.22.jpg

Well, seeing this every time there was a thunderstorm was unrealistic, but now it's not possible to see it anymore and it's a shame. I would like to see this randomly, or as someone suggested that it could be regulated to each player's taste.

• Like Like x 7
  22. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Right! You said it perfectly!

23. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

In that pic that is a lightning storm, so you would see that alot, also rainstorm in the game is different, it was occasionally you would see lightning so it was pretty well correct.. Now it is more bland and unrealistic.

24. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

All that is pre patch..lol

25. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Ok, I will do that and see again for the 20th time and will be waiting with me thumb up me bum!

26. mgbgt

mgbgt Well-Known Member

I am still laughing my guts out at this! I feel sorry for whoever you live with if you’re like this in real life! Class man! What a guy!

27. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

That sounds pretty awesome, actually. Kinda sorry I missed it.

This would work.

Maybe it's a feature of the sheer size of our country, but different areas of the U.S. have very different storm intensities. For example, Southern California really doesn't get them at all, while here in the Midwest, they can be pretty spectacular. I once had a coworker who had moved here from Los Angeles, and she said our storms terrified her at first, because she had never experienced anything like it.

• Like Like x 2
  28. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

True.

29. to be up front when it 1st come out it was way better u see more flashes now then bolts and find its not good i agree we need a slider where we can pick between not much lighting or lots

• Like Like x 1
  30. mike#4092

mike#4092 Active Member

Agree 100%!

31. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with mike for this one. I am pretty sure dovetail will Tweak with the weather at some point As they did with the lighting In Train Sim world 3. I like everything about it so for other than The absence of a lightning strike, Which for me takes away The immersion of a thunderstorm To a regular Drizzle my nizzle lol.No All jokes asid,e Dovetail just have two Properly Find a way For the lightning strike To appear At the right distance Around the player Which is no easy task but I think they can do it,But I really do Want to see lightning strikes again Not just the flashing sky.

• Like Like x 1