How Bright?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by marcsharp2, Nov 5, 2022.

1. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I want to make it quite clear, I adore London Commuter. I think it's an incredible achievement so I'm not criticising it and it's probably a fix thats coming in the future. But the lighting in the 377 cab at night (and indeed in tunnels) is all wrong. It's far too bright. This is on my PS5 20221105_174833.jpg

2. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Over a year ago Matt explained in a stream why this happens and that it could be fixed quite easily.
    We are still waiting for this "easy fix" today.

• Like Like x 7
  3. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

I second this, I downloaded the route last night and it's almost as though cab lighting is on and the switch does nothing. It's a shame too because the headlights on the 377 are spot on (another bugbear of mine on various locos)

• Like Like x 1
  4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Saying it's easy vs actually doing it is different. But then again, dtg probably put this in the we would like to fix this list that has gotten longer and longer. Just doesn't seem to be a priority at the moment since there's other more pressing issues such as save game, red lights and derails that prevent you from playing the game

• Like Like x 1
  5. Even the more pressing issues don't seem likely to be fixed anytime soon. They have been present for months, years if you count the save game.

• Like Like x 2
  6. HappyJose

HappyJose Member

I've still not purchased London Commuter because it seemed on release there were a number of issues and I still see things posted now that seem to flag up problems. However, as somebody who clearly enjoys the route would you say it's still worth purchasing? I have pretty much every other UK route, interested in how this compares now with SEHS and East Coastway which are probably the modern UK routes i've played most.

7. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

For me yes it's absolutely worth the purchase. There's enough to keep you entertained and if you have the latest generation console you'll have layers such as the 166,313 etc. The positives do outweigh the negatives in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  8. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

You can buy London Commuter without hesitation, the fun far exceeds the problems. Considering how many services LBN has,
    the faulty ones are only a tiny tiny fraction. Of course, that doesn't mean DTG shouldn't take care of them anyway.

• Like Like x 2