Sehs Medals

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SteveRail, Nov 11, 2022.

1. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Is the issue of how impossible it is to score high enough to get anything above a bronze in a significant amount of services in timetable mode being looked into?

The thresholds seem to be set way too high. This is across all trains.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

It would have to be done on a service by service basis, there’s even some which I find very easy, one is a TGV scenario where gold starts at about 8000 and you end up getting about 16000 if you do it right.

3. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

There’s a lot that are very obvious though, like any stock move the part 1 is about 3 mins with 2 of that waiting to begin. Pretty much impossible to get more than 500 but 500 is the bronze amount.

Actually think most of the items that don’t have many stations are not just unlikely a gold can be achieved but actually impossible.

Even if they do need ti go through service by service, they either need to do that or just scrap the whole medal system. Stupid having it if it isn’t actually attainable anyway.

4. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t agree that most services that involve non stop services or limited stop services are primarily the issue, those are my go to types of services, for reference I have 581 Gold, 10 Silver and 9 Bronze, I have done a fair amount of stopping services counted among that also.

the majority that causes bronze medals I find stems from Depot Services.

I wouldn’t also agree with scrapping the medals system, I’m sure there are many players who have put time into this, especially the 2hour plus services in order to top up their medals. I for one tend not to re visit services i have already done that often, so I can get a try of others and focus on ones I have no medal or not gold medal for.

the best option would be to report services you find that have gold medals unachievable through normal means. I have seen this issue get fixed recently (A HMA scernario was in the patch notes for fix of this issue just the other week)

but there are still ones like the TGV depot services that never grant gold.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022