New Us Ac Route Speculation!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Anthony Pecoraro, Nov 3, 2022.

1. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Absolutely correct and if this was Morris & Essex lines then code K Electric Dual Voltage. Reason is that Morris & Essex Lines use 25kv 60hz since 1984 and PRR NY Penn station to Washington DC 11kv 16.7-25hz since the 1930s. Every time you enter the North East corridor from the Morris and Essex lines you will get the screen please change voltage to continue service. Whole route 11kv 25hz NJ Transit is Trenton New Brunswick NY Penn station Code B.

2. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Just a wild guess since it hasn't been mentioned yet. At least I didn't see it while glancying through.
    South Shore Line ;)

3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

The South Shore Line uses DC overhead wires, not AC, which is why they were never mentioned
    . DC.png

If the route had DC there would be C's and not B's on the roadmap.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  4. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

According to my assumptions, this will be the NEC section, where a new DLS loco can be applied (one of: Acella;HPP8;AEM7).

Taking into account the route marking (NBB), diesel traction will not be used on the section, which reduces the search sector.

It can be assumed that this cannot be:
    - expansion of Boston;
    -Baltimore-Washington;
    -Philadelphia -Trenton;
    - Trenton - New York.

What remains is the New York-New Haven section (maybe only as far as Stamford 38.9 miles).
    Or a new NEC section that has never been recreated for Train Simulator before.

I do not rule out that it could be a complete reconstruction (perhaps with an extension) of the old section of the NEC.

In my reasoning, I can be wrong, do not blame me strictly.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  5. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I mean it can be either of those. Just include only ac electric trains. Other trains can be a layer. Like how bcc was ac electric which only refers to the base train but got diesel and steam trains as a layer

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

There's very few lines in the US which have zero use of diesel locomotives. Even places like Penn Station which have restrictions on diesel traction will get the oddball diesel service in from time to time.

7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

HHP8 was retired in 2014; the AEM-7 in 2017. So in theory they would fit into "era 7."

However, since we are only going to get one new loco (at most) I doubt it will be either. The ALP-46 is a possibility if this does turn out to be New Jersey- but since NJT is the only RR to use them, it would hamper its recyclability.

8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

True; but I don't think the route code necessarily preludes layers from other owned routes. For example, London-Brighton is GCC-R7, but that doesn't mean that HSTs and 166s don't appear as layers. So a hypothetical NJT/NEC route would still permit layering in CSX freight from Sand Patch.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

... or, how about some of the Milwaukee Road electrics like the boxcabs or Little Joes? I'd kill for that. I'll take a GG1 as well though - one of the most beautiful locos ever built.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Well yes, that's what I said, few lines in the US have zero use of diesels. It's pretty clear the route codes are only referring to the stock the route comes with. Diesels could sub in, I'd also think they probably could make diesels as addons if they really wanted to. The code just means it doesn't include diesels, not the diesel can't run on the route.

11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Echo that. A great opportunity was missed in setting HSC in the modern period. The choice of locos and rolling stock in the TSC version is a million percent better.

• Like Like x 3
  12. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Aaahhh, my bad. I did not know that. Oh well, it's fine. I just wanted to put one wild guess out there so...
    Makes sense, mak s sense

13. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

There is without a doubt that the new dlc is going to be Amtrak Acela because we already have the Boston Route so it would make sense for them to add it on. Heres a video of the proof

14. Blacknred81

The Acela is predicted to be the loco DLC, and be part of the new route and Boston, but it will not come with the new route DLC.

15. wcwood92

wcwood92 Well-Known Member

I'm really hoping for the NJT Northeast Corridor Line

16. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I know that whats i said :cool:

17. Blacknred81

You said THE dlc, you didn't specify the loco DLC, plus this is a route speculation thread.

18. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I mean they're both still dlc lol