Xbox Impossible Gold

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by NateDogg7a, Sep 14, 2022.

1. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

I noticed that there is an icon in the Journey screen that indicates "Completed to Gold." However, there are several services where obtaining gold is impossible without resorting to ridiculous means, and maybe not even then. In the pantheon of things that are wrong with TSW3, this is surely a smaller issue. However, for instance, in the Class 66 journey chapter "They Think It's Over," NONE of the services can be completed to Gold.

So what is happening here? Well, besides some questionable QA, it seems like the game is looking for 500 extra points somewhere. Since you already get that much upon completion, I don't know where any other points could come from, unless you started inserting some "go via" instructions into the service. But, this would probably have to be done on a case-by-case basis. The routes I have noted so far are 0Z02, 0Y67, 6M95, and 6Y71.

And yes, this was a problem in TSW2 as well, but since TSW3 seems to encourage "completion to gold," and seeing as it's still early days, I thought I would mention this and see if anything ever happens. Perhaps I will also post some updates when I find some more impossible golds.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Another annoyance that should never see the light of day, but here we are, talking about it again. Maddening.

• Like Like x 6
  3. summersy

summersy Active Member

I hope DTG are actually going to do something about it and not just leave it. It drives me insane and we shouldn't have to do 'workarounds' to get a gold. I think I read somewhere that it's something to do with how the computer generates the points for bronze/silver/gold, and to be honest I was shocked because I thought something like that should be either done or at least checked manually afterwards. I know there's a lot of timetables but that's no excuse not to check them all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

I've raised this to the team, thank you for posting.

• Like Like x 11
  5. NateDogg7a

Thanks so much, maybe not the biggest of issues, but glad someone is aware at least. You can add 6Y08 and 6Y49 to the list of impossible golds as well. Altogether, there is no way to complete any of the Class 66 journey chapters to gold. I strongly suspect that many, if not all, of the Class 66 timetable services are likewise affected.

Well, perhaps you could further indulge me with one other request. On London Commuter, the Class 387 1M15, 0642 departure is also an impossible gold. It is about 3000 points from where it probably should be! I have always wondered if it has anything to do with there being another 1M15 service with a 1914 departure. In any case, this one service is the only one that prevents completing the London Commuter journey to gold. Thanks again.

6. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

The 1938 Tube Stock services off the BKL 2021 timetable have impossible gold score requirements, too.
    And if you allow me, I will show you more routes which have these occasions. Tried for a support ticket about it but they deleted it because the reason was unprovided. :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  7. NateDogg7a

Yes, there are certainly many other examples! I remember impossible golds as being fairly prevalent on SPG as well. However, on SEHS it does seem like you can't get a gold on ANY of the Class 66 timetable services at all (I did get gold on a scenario). This makes me think that perhaps it is a bug common to all these services.

8. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

Oh well... I can only attach 5 images showing broken medals. Whatever... that's just the tip of the iceberg there could be more. I'll keep an eye on them.

@ Summersy: Does DTG know that thing about a computer generating the medal score requirements?

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. NateDogg7a

Here are some additional impossible golds from SEHS:
    5U93 (375); 5J84 (395)
    Both ECS moves, which are especially problematic from a gold medal point of view, because they don't always award action points when the service ends, which is probably part of the problem.

And as a "bonus," from NEC-BP, F40 service #815, which is not only impossible to get gold, but impossible to complete, or even really begin. This one is a special kind of broken.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

This thread is very helpful for me, I will gradually add all these services to my list.

11. NateDogg7a

More impossibilities:

4Z61, 6Y49, 6Y44 SEHS 66

With this it has now been shown that gold cannot be earned on any of the Class 66 services in Journey mode, and probably on none of the timetable services at all, although I am not willing to play them all to find out

3W74 SEHS RHTT

I had been hopeful that at least the RHTT services would produce a gold medal, but alas.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Kassel-Wurzburg is full of them too; I just completed an absolutely perfect run... and only got bronze!

• Like Like x 1
  13. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

TGV depot Services still require you to go to other means of getting gold rather just completing them normally, that’s been there since day one.

Sometimes I’m tempted to run a 2hr or more service, I dread the day I find one that gives bronze or Silver for standard operation, as I know at some point I’m going to have to find quite a lengthy bit of time just to repair that nuisance.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

As I recall, a couple of older routes have issues with services where they patched the locos post launch, adjusting their physics, and making the golds impossible in the more realistic simulation.

15. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

I did one of the freight runs last night (in Journey mode) and was inch-perfect on the stop (not that it should have mattered) and was a couple of minutes early too, and for some reason the stop checkpoint gave me ~487AP instead of 500AP (which was also exactly what was required for a Gold). I've had one or two other runs on other lines as well when an un-timed stop (or ones with just the generic stop location rather than the loco/carriage-specific outlines) has not given a full suite of AP points for some reason.