Bought Everything From The Store...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bergbauerps5, Nov 13, 2022.

1. bergbauerps5

bergbauerps5 New Member

Yes you read right... I spend a lot of money yesterday .
    But here is the problem!
    I miss a lot of content thad I bought.
    Downloaded every singel peace on ps5.
    Here some examples:
    London underground 1938 stock EMU
    DB BR 101
    Bakerloo Line
    Koln-Achen High Speed Line...
    And so much more!

any help? ... I want cry

And please do not tell me this has something to do with the add on manager... thads missing on TWS3 PS5

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. benuildo

benuildo Member

Sorry, but this has something to do with the add on manager that is missing on TWS3 PS5.
    64 GB limit.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  3. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

Yep, I feel for all you PS players (being an Xbox player myself without such limit) having the 64GB limit but until DTG implement Add-Ons Manager for TSW3, you will sadly be stuck with the 64GB limit :(

4. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Ps5 to say it correctly. PS4 does not have that problem.:)

5. bergbauerps5

bergbauerps5 New Member

It's okay glad to see they work on it

6. TrainGeek08

Ah, I thought it was both consoles, still it's mainly a PS issue

7. bergbauerps5

bergbauerps5 New Member

It's sad to hear, even the "powerful" ps5 have this issue ‍.
    And I have 2tb m2 installed
    The god thing is thad i have 64gig of dlc to enjoy .
    It is so much fun! Can't wait to play all dlc

• Like Like x 2
  8. andreas#2325

andreas#2325 New Member

Unfortunately I have the same problem.

I have bought all the German routes and all the UK Routes and they take up more than the 64gb.

My solution has been to switch between the 2 countries approximately every two weeks. I do that by deleting the installed routes, and then installing the others. After all, it provides some variety.

It is of course not optimal, but a temporary solution while we wait for the add-on manager.

9. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Well hopefully they can give us an update in the preview stream on Tuesday evening.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

Recently got a PC and considered doing this on my steam account so that the trains can populate my TSW3 routes, i have close to all DLC on PS5 but when i looked into the cost of buying it all again it was more than £1000! Perhaps in the future i will.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Which brings me to a (maybe) stupid question: If I use only the PS4 versions on a PS5, would there be this DLC limit in place as well?

12. bergbauerps5

bergbauerps5 New Member

Oh yes it was expensive but now I have every singel dlc and can't use them all at once .
    But I have them!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. bergbauerps5

bergbauerps5 New Member

It won't work, you still play it on a PS5 system.
    I downloaded the ps4 version on my ps5 and the ps5 version.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

We need a “hopeful” button to go with Like and Helpful .
    If I wanted to play Tetris every few weeks , I would download it on my phone for free :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  15. antony.henley

No As the PS4 "emulator" on the PS5 is infact a PS4 so its stored the same as the PS4 dlc for TSW 2 or TSW 3 regardless.
    I have all DLC installed on a 4 tb external HDD on the PS5 and there's no problem whatsoever with using all routes or loco dlc via the PS4 "emulator"on the PS5.

Amen Brother

Better still an emoji holding up a placard with SOON (tm) on it!

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  16. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Hmmm, now I´m a little lost because of the contrary statement from a foreposter?!?!
    I suppose this mentioned "PS4 Emulator" ain´t an application you´ve to download to run PS4 games on PS5, correct? It´s automatically triggered whenever you start a PS4 application on PS5, right? Or am I totally off here?

And another question: How does PS5 handle the PS4 TSW2 DLCs. Is it smoother running, with less stutter and improved graphics quality? And do you have to live with the missing layers of the PS4 version?

You see Hentis, I´d go for a (f...... expensive) PS5 Standard, but I´m unsure about the benefits. Afterall, there ARE other games which run perfectly fine on PS4, even though with superb and complex demanding graphics. TSW seems to be the all-time champion of resource hogging in the game software world. (Well, maybe apart from Cyberpunk 2077)

17. antony.henley

If you use the PS4 version of TSW 2 or TSW 3 on the PS5 you will not be hindered in anyway whatsoever with the PS5's 65 gn DLC limit. TRUST ME! I have all Released DLC's for the PS4 version of TSW 2 / TSW 3 for the PS4 and I use them on the PS5 and have had NO issues whatsoever.

The PS5 is backward compatible for the PS4 (its basically a PS4 emulation software built in so yes it knows the difference between a PS4 and PS5 software.

Its not the PS5 that handles them The PS4 will detect that its a PS4 DLC and will treat it accordingly like it would any other PS4 game with DLC. Nope the only big difference is a little bit better looking and running at 60fps

Yep fully understand. I kinda wished I never bought a PS5 to be honest as I dont really see a huge leap in graphics on most of the new games. 4K 8K you cant really see a difference to be honest. Yeah just a brighter screen.... wow....

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Just to give a third weigh in here, you can use the PS4 version on PS5 with no DLC limit.

It is strictly only PS5 games that have this limit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Hi Antony, thanks for that exhaustive answer. Very helpful! :)

I got the picture. And of course I trust you, otherwise wouldn´t have directed these questions specifically at you.

• Like Like x 1
  20. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

I had the same dillema, because I would be upgrading to PS5 mainly for the TSW.
    But, as TSW3 was released for 8th gen and also becasue there is no significant improvement in graphic there (UE4 again) I decided to skip PS5 until the time when TSW will be moved to UE5 (or other engine that will improve the graphic to gen 9th standards) or there will be other train simulator released for 9th gen consoles only, that will exceed TSW in graphic and/or complexity.

Right now I'm perfectly fine with my PS4, I can live without few liveries missing on BML or HMA or some static stock here and there. I also don't own TV set that can display 4K nor have a HDR, so to fully benefit from upgrade to PS5 I would have to buy new TV, which I don't want to. Neither I play a lot of games now, nor there are really interesing titles for me that I would like to explore on PS5. And also, PS4 is using about 100W when running a game, while PS5 double as that.

So basically I have zero reasons to move to PS5 :D not to remind that in my country it is still not possible to buy regular PS5 without any additions like extra gamepad, games, headphones or other things I'm completemy not interested in possessing.

• Like Like x 2
  21. TrainGeek08

Great summary of what Hentis has said above your post, so PS4 DLC on PS5 is the solution rather than buying a PS5 to only encounter the 64GB limit, it must be annoying, hope Add-Ons Manager gets released soon ;)

22. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Yeah, sounds like an alternative for now.
    But still I suspect that you´ll have to live with the missing layers of which the PS4 versions suffer. I know that "Patch" 1.90 - the famous Addons Manager - did a hell of a lot of layer elimination and rendered the Creator´s Club scenarios useless. They just don´t open anymore.
    PS4 players as guinea pigs!

So, you get that expensive PS5 super machine, just to find out that you won´t be able to enjoy the whole specter of layers (although the reduced PS4 versions come at the same price)?

AND: Needless to say that I´ve lost completely trust in DTG after the amateurish festering bug bites we had to endure over the last months. I don´t believe they´ll ever be able to launch a working addons manager for PS5. Would luuuuve to be proven wrong, though.

antony.henley and CK95 How is this layering working with your PS4 DLC environment running on your PS5?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  23. bergbauerps5

bergbauerps5 New Member

I was downloading the entire ps4 version again on ps5 just to be sure! And... same problem with the limitation! On the ps4 version on ps5. And yas, I was launching the ps4 version.
    To be fair, I downloaded the ps5 version on extern and the ps4 version on the main ssd.
    Is thad a thing ?

24. TrainGeek08

Luckily, I'm an Xbox player who has noticed this thread in the PS discussion and decided to join in and try to help ;)

25. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Personally, I try to avoid using the PS4 version, I’ve tried to stick to the PS5 version and only installed DLC for one country at a time, depending on what I want to play.

The trouble with using the PS4 version is that a few routes don’t have layers on PS4, and I only want certain routes installed for said layers, so playing on PS4 defeats the purpose for me. Also the graphic quality downgrade is abit much to stomach.

If I do play TSW, I’m doing so by installing one set of content (UK/DE/US), you can get pretty much all of the UK content into the PS5 version, and still have a little space left over for something like Sursee-Lucerne. US content is the same, it will all get in together.

German stuff is abit tighter, I’m not sure all of it will go in.

I think the whole thing is silly, why Sony implemented the limit is ridiculous, and DTG getting caught with their pants down is just as bad, it’s alarming to realise that there are devs building on platforms that they do not understand and have slacked on doing their research.

Like you, I also doubt DTG’s ability to bring the add on manager to PS5, so alas I have all but given up on TSW, and now find myself back on TSC.

Playing on PS4 is a workaround, but it’s not without its downsides, and why should I suffer those when I have access to a better version?

The whole thing is a mess & has totally eradicated my excitement for TSW.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. antony.henley

No idea what you are doing wrong then as I have the PS4 version of TSW 3 and all routes playing on my PS5. No limitations what so ever. The PS4 version of TSW3 is installed on a Samsung 4tb external drive along with all the DLC.

The PS5 version of TSW 3 is installed on the internal 2tb MM2 expansion ssd. This is the version where I have the 65 gb limit.

Make sure you have downloaded the correct version.

Hentis

27. antony.henley

Whatever effects the Layers on the standalone PS4 or PS4 Pro versions of TSW 3 / TSW2 affects the PS4 version on the PS5.
    For Example on BML you have the Class 387 & 377 on Gen 8 consoles, on the PS4 version on the PS5 its exactly the same. No difference what so ever.

The only difference to the PS4 version playing ont he PS5 is the Framerate runs at 60fps or lower if you are on some of the heavy routes such as Dresden or Brighton Mainline, also it looks a tad better but that's it. Layers are the same as the PS4 / PS4 Pro versions.

Hentis

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. antony.henley

I think most of the PS5 TSW 3 users feel this pain at this very minute.

29. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

antony.henley and CK95

Big Thanks for your explanation! Getting clear now.
    And translated: What a bloody mess! You can chose between being beheaded by the sword or getting nailed to the cross.

• Like Like x 2
  30. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Lovely summed up :D

31. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Adding to this is the totally backwards route they’ve taken to patching the games since TSW3 came out. Now you’ve got 2 options:

TSW2: HAS the addons manager, so you can install all the content. BUT they seem to have essentially given up on patching other TSW2 issues. So it’s stuck in September as far as patches, missing features from recent TSW3 patches like preservation crew updates from a ton of routes and bug fixes.

TSW3: has the latest patches and fixes, all the preservation updates, BUT they are dragging their feet on the add on manager so you can’t install all the routes.

Instead of just taking one of the games and making it the best it can be they’ve now got 2 games in various states of disrepair.

That said I’d rather be stuck with the DLC limit and at least have control over what DLC show up. I don’t want them to rush the add on manager and be stuck with bugs where DLCs or layers don’t appear even when installed.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  32. bergbauerps5

bergbauerps5 New Member

Update: it works now! Finally...
    The ps4 version on "4K" looks not thad bad on ps5.
    But there are some bugs like after you use filter tool, the selection won't work.
    Ther is a "Missing Name" track and train with big red XX in it. After you select it, the game will crash.
    Thads not a big deal, for now I will use the ps4 version on ps5.
    Hope they will get the add-on manager asap for ps5

33. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...the red XX thing is caused by a mismatched coal wagon in the Horseshoe Curve DLC. Skyhook should already have a fix for that. However, the promised TSW3 addon manager should have the highest priority at the moment. With the December roadmap at the latest, it should be clear when it will finally come. Otherwise PS5 players will despair of the 64GB limit over Christmas. Even the PS4 is currently having trouble recognizing the new BCC DLC, when all previous DLCs are installed. If the new US route is also to be published soon, Playstation players will certainly be the ones to suffer again. The only way out is the addon manager.

So everyone (staff and beta testers) please give everything again, so that we can start the new year much more relaxed! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  34. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

Not an issue on ps4 either

35. TrainGeek08

I know it isn't an issue on PS4, it is a PS5 exclusive issue :(

36. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

So is it a ps5 issue or an issue of tsw not talking to the ps5 properly? Is this 65gb limit normal practice on ps5?

37. TrainGeek08

I don't have a PlayStation but I know someone who does and can explain, antony.henley,

Hentis, can you explain the PS5 64GB limit from a PS5 players perspective to Andy here, thanks :)

38. antony.henley

• Like Like x 1
  39. TrainGeek08