Peninsula Corridor Problem

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by transit#2102, Oct 13, 2022.

1. transit#2102

transit#2102 Member

Not sure if this is issue on other platforms but I found the issue on my PS4. Basically for TSW2 you can play with all the trains and the services are listed for the trains same thing with TSW3 but here's the issue
    . 20221013_124121.jpg
    For TSW3 the Gallery Cab Car CT97 service are now shorter and are now listed as 30 instead of 71 like how it is on TSW2.
    20221013_124130.jpg

20221013_124103.jpg Also there is supposed to be 79 services for the F40 but now it's mixed up and a bit confusing to me and the services are now cut to 35.

20221013_123914.jpg Last issue is the Bi level Cab Car CT97 the train shows as displayed but when it comes to you doing 25 services it isn't showing up for some odd reason.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This is a known issue and it is being investigated. When an update will come to fix it though, no one knows yet.

• Like Like x 3
  3. timbrown#2725

timbrown#2725 Member

transit#2102 im having the same issues with the cab car not being able to use them

4. Jean-Louis Chauvin

Jean-Louis Chauvin New Member

Same problem here.

5. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

Strange. Yet to encounter the problem but I assume having no livery renders the vehicle unplayable.

6. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

worst still when you try and drive the Baby Bullet journeys you often end up in the F40PH. Right now Im peeved about this, didnt bother playing it much as was waiting for rail driver functionality, when we eventually get rail driver added it gets broken completely.

By far my worst value DLC every purchased in terms of hours played by a long way.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Yes I encountered this the other week, popped something in the Technical Forum but doubt it will get much if any attention!

8. redrev1917

Ive given up with tickets and posts in the technical forums, threads just get ignored by DTG (I dont know if they read them or not, as they never comment so assume they dont). Tickets just get a copy and paste acknowledgement telling me to check my drivers/verify files, then get closed down. Theres a phase about doing something into the wind which I cant quote fully as would get me banned but that would be more successful then trying to log a bug with DTG.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Exactly the reason, why I don't bother with the support tickets any longer, as all you get are cut and paste responses. You try to report a broken achievement, a broken scenario or floating scenery and all you get told is to verify you files.

• Like Like x 2
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Really, really annoying. And if you go into the service via the Baby Bullet timetable, you don't get the Journey tickmark. Pisses me the heck off, because I really really don't like driving the Caltrain FP40 with its manually lapped brakes as a commuter shuttle.

• Like Like x 2
  11. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

Somewhat related (but not entirely), are there any passenger services on US routes that use the hilariously large US locos; SD40, GPwotsit etc? Was surprised there weren't any on Cajon as Wikipedia says there are passenger stations along at least some of the route eg. Victorville

12. solicitr

The SD40 is "large"? ;)

All non-commuter passenger traffic in the US is handled by Amtrak, and just about every Amtrak service outside the Northeast Corridor is hauled by GE Genesis diesels, currently being replaced by Siemens Chargers. These are the trains that stop at Victorville (and at Cumberland in SPG).

Commuter rail really falls into two categories: semi-light rail, basically subway hardware running on the surface using DC EMUs like the LIRR; or "heavy" rail. This latter was hampered in its development by the nature of the US passenger rail industry ca. 1970 - a grim story - and so most systems wound up with superannuated castoffs (old F7s and F9s), and later former Amtrak power (FP40 in its various guises). No, road diesels don't make for great commuter rail locomotives. On the other hand, a consist like a typical SFSJ train (seven double-deck coaches) is heavy and requires a fair brute of an engine to pull.

• Like Like x 2
  13. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Which is why, when it works, SF PC is actually quite fun to drive, at least from the loco end of the consist. Acceleration is really ponderous and great for us thrash merchants. It amazes me that even the all stations services that stop every two miles are loco hauled, it really can't be very economical compared to using a DMU. On the other hand according to information on the Caltrain site Commute Fleets | Caltrain , the gallery cars can carry up to 148 passengers so a relatively short 7 car consist would probably seat nearly 800 so quite an efficient people mover.

14. FredElliott

Well its bigger than anything in the UK (I think)

So no Amtrak explains it, I thought it quite interesting since some of the US locos I have (I think) a selector for freight/passenger traffic? I know the old UK diesels that have this named selector affects the brakes in some small way though I don't know the purpose of the one on the yank ones (though I could be imagining it)

On Cajon at Victorville, there's not even a platform in-game, wiki makes mention of a combined bus/train stop and I think what appears to be the bus station is in game, though there's no buses so it could just be a random pavilion

15. solicitr

Most older locos, and switchers still, have the option to run the air brake at freight pressure (90psi) or passenger pressure (110 psi). This is, mostly, just to move coaches around, not in service (except when old passenger locos were "demoted" to freight service).

A passenger engine needs a way to provide the coaches with heating and lights (and a/c, in recent decades). In the old days, when coaches used steam heat, diesel passenger locomotives had to carry a pony boiler and a water tank. More recent coaches use electric heat, and so a passenger diesel needs to have provision to supply head-end power or HEP. Early on, an auxiliary generator was run off the prime mover, but this was not really satisfactory so more recent iterations were built or re-built to have a small diesel just for HEP. Freight locomotives simply don't have them.

(This was not the case in Germany back when they still used a lot of diesels on passenger trains, because German coaches back in the day used electric heat supplied by axle generators. I don't know how British coaches were set up)

• Like Like x 2
  16. FredElliott

I don't mind letting my passengers freeze
    [​IMG]
    So would I be correct then in assuming there are no consists in scenario planner with US giant locos (Baby Bullet and cab car excepted) and passenger cars of any flavour?

17. solicitr

The UK Class 59 is an SD40, under that shed body. The ubiquitous Class 66 is essentially the same on the outside, but uses a newer prime mover.

• Like Like x 2
  18. solicitr

That would be correct. The only US passenger diesels currently in TSW are the FP40-2CAT, the FP40-3C, and the Baby Bullet. In real life Santa Fe's F7s, at least the ones in Warbonnet livery, were also passenger-equipped (i.e. had aux boilers), but I doubt that it's modeled in-game, especially since there are no period-appropriate coaches.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. FredElliott

Ah well, looks like I'm taking the ICE for a spin on there then

20. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yes there is.

21. FredElliott

On Cajon at Victorville, there's not even a platform in-game
    [​IMG][​IMG]

22. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It's right there.
    Screenshot_20221114-132944_Brave.png

23. FredElliott

Fair enough, but in my defence its not very platformy (no signs, shelters, adverts, ticket machines) which is why I missed it, and its definitely not part of the bus station as the wikipedia article implies

"The Victor Valley Transportation Center, also known as Victorville station, is an intermodal transit center in Victorville, California that is served by Amtrak, Greyhound Lines, and the Victor Valley Transit Authority. The center also serves as a park and ride facility for carpooling commuters. The station building is open during service hours, with a waiting area and restrooms, but is locked on weekends."

24. redrev1917

Its right next to the bus station and in reality theres nothing but a shack and a bench, the bench is modelled the shack isnt
    upload_2022-11-14_20-7-46.png upload_2022-11-14_20-8-17.png

Attached Files:

25. solicitr

From Amtrak's website:

It gets all of one train pair per day. Not exactly Grand Central.