Southeastern Main Line: London - Dover Priory

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Issy Hamukwaya, Jul 14, 2018.

?
  1. Yes because it is not in game.

16 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No because it not in game.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. No it is in game

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Issy Hamukwaya

Issy Hamukwaya New Member

The Southeastern main line a major long-distance railway route in South East England, UK, one of the two main routes crossing the county of Kent, going via Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Ashford and Folkestone to Dover. The other route is the Chatham main line which runs along the north Kent coast to Ramsgate and Dover via Chatham.
    The line was built by the South Eastern Railway (SER), starting at London's 15th and 18th busiest termini, London Charing Cross and London Cannon Street. Charing Cross opened in 1864. Cannon Street opened 22 years in 1886.
    Updates to the line and rolling stock in recent years have seen Southeastern’s roster of four-car Class 375 units repainted into the company’s new dark blue livery.
    Southeastern Main Line: London - Dover recreates the whole 134 mile (215.652096 0 km) route from Charing Cross and Cannon Street to Dover Priory via Sevenoaks and Paddock Wood including the new London Bridge station. With Class 466's operating on the Bromley North branch line. Also included are several EMUs representative of services seen today on the route, such as the Class 375 ( including /3, /6 and /7 variants) in Southeastern ‘Dark Blue’ livery, Class 376 and Class 466.

Scenarios
    375 Dover Priory to Charing X
    375 Charing X to Dover Priory
    375 Cannon Street to Dover Priory
    375 Dover Priory to Cannon Street
    376 Sevenoaks to Charing X
    376 Sevenoaks to Cannon Street
    376 Charing X to Sevenoaks
    376 Cannon Street to Sevenoaks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

This sounds like a great idea.

3. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

There is a WIP route Cannon St-Sevenoaks in the Workshop. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=828323931

Also, I see in the Medway Valley Line assets there are station nameboards for stations on the London-Dover route. Could there be something in the pipeline?

Personally I'd like to see older stock for that route such as 4CEPs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.E.M. 34090

S.E.M. 34090 Member

Yay. Yet another route containing bloody electrostars and networkers.
    Come on, have some imagination and listen to Cat! I think that possibly I always want things backdated further than they do, but I suspect we share the above sentiment. We have a 2-HAL, so how about a 4-COR? Then a nice SECR D...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member