PC Lirr Dlc Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by The7Train, Nov 20, 2018.

1. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

Hi,

I am dissapointed with the first release of the LIRR DLC. Constant bugs, no Hunters Point Av or Long Island City as advertised, not one single AI train.

Bugs:
    -At times, the signal speed wont update and sometimes you can be stuck going below 10 MPH for no reason even though the signal speed should be higher.
    -Trying to unlock the door's is annoying because the game can't tell if your trying to plug in the key or turn it.
    -Passengers stand in the aisle of the train even though multiple seats are open.
    -The Belmont Park trips are not accurate within the times of the day.
    -Some signals do not update, causing multiple "Passed at Red" failures to appear.
    -Trips are not properly identified if they are express or local, causing confusion.
    -No ability to look out of the window while operating the doors.
    - Some train numbers that don’t exist were used.
    - No service to Hunters Point Avenue, or Long Island city as advertised.
    - Not one single AI train as advertised.
    - The tab function to get the dispatch board does not work.
    - No signage indicating where the train is going.
    - No Huntington Service
    - No ability to change how long the train set is.

This is really disappointing. I was looking forward to the "24/7" railroading but it's just one train (me) and half of the terminals aren't even available to be used like in real life, and as advertised.

• Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

No Huntington Service is a huge bummer. It's the second busiest line in the entire network and no AI or timetable service makes the entire branch seem like a ghosttown sometimes when it should be bustling with activity. Doesn't make sense either why those services are not shown because they use M7s as well and can originate from Hicksville.

I made a thread in the bug subforum, but it's also missing parked trains at Hillside Support facility and Jamaica's sidetracks. I haven't seen any ACS's either and I have the NEC DLC, but maybe that was just because of the service I selected. I would also like to see them do a better job of letting us know which services stop at Westbury, Carle Place, ect.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Fear not. DTG has a long and proud history of quickly repairing bugs in new content.

• Like Like x 3
  4. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

The services are also not properly distinguished between local, semi express or express.

5. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

Half of these aren't even bugs, more like things missing from the stuff they said would be in there.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Sounds like you’re picking fly crap from pepper.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

I'm sorry, what?

• Like Like x 1
  8. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Lo and behold: Rapid Transit 2.0

My only comment on LIRR.

However, I am very grateful that they fixed a lot of bugs on RSN. That's very cool!

• Like Like x 2
  9. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

Why is it snowing inside Penn Station....

10. swampnone710

swampnone710 New Member

He's not wrong, in their videos and info about the lirr route they show AI trains and "the bustling and busiest route" but don't include any other trains on the track...you don't see the problem?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I'm going to be 'that guy' and say this may be partly due to the fact they have to optimise the DLC for the upcoming console releases as well. There is a certain amount of parity, even if DTG refuse to acknowledge it. Having a bustling busy route would probably bring the consoles to their knees.

12. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Sure I do but whether we’re talking about content they promised but omitted from the release or stuff that doesn’t work and- from experience with every other DLC to date never will work what the LOVE is the difference?

13. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

Just noticed that Hunterspoint Avenue has no light baking/totally dark at night and the lights do nothing for the station

14. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

Really is a shame how poorly this DLC was put out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LimitedEdiition

Bugs on release are bad, but stuff happens. My concern is if an admin even going to address these issues? There have been several threads posted, and not one forum admin has come in and assured us that they're going to pass this along to the development team or mention that it is not intentional/looking into it.

I thought the point of a forum is for us to interact with Dovetail employees and each other. Seems very concerning and I am considering pursuing a refund from Steam because it doesn't look like any of these issues will be fixed in a timely manner.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

I agree. Way to many issues that are affecting game play. Signals not updating, speed posts wrong, constant bug's. Like I can't even finish one service without something going wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shivy

Shivy New Member

When messing around using the tab menu vs door panel to open/close the train I somehow got the key out while in the door/com position with no option to re-insert the key.

Also using the arrow keys to change your focus a set of 3 switches but you can't interact with any of them. Come to think of it, I feel that there's alot of switches that should have functions that dont (such as the door closing buzzer).

Lastly, does anyone know what the door mode toggle does on the upper left panel?

• Like Like x 1
  18. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Hi LimitedEdition.
    We are based in the UK so when you posted your comment for us it was 3am.
    If you are having a problem please submit a ticket so we can investigate further: https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit

• Like Like x 1
  19. MJLevy1118

MJLevy1118 Member

I'm confused about users complaining that they don't see any AI services... I ran both the mainline and the Hempstead branch and observed a few AI trains going by.... it may not be 'busting,' but the AI services are there.

I do wish that there was a better way to distinguish which mainline service options stop at which stations. I prefer making all stops when possible, but it's hard to tell from the selection screen which services would or would not do this. Maybe if I was a Long Island Rail Road expert I would know this, but I think it's unfair to expect the player to be an expert on schedules.

I also would like the ability to stick my head out the window to watch passenger boarding while stopped at stations.

Two things I hope can come in a future update:
    • Increased cab sway and train rocking motion while the train is underway.
    • Ability to change the camera position. The default position is too far back from the window, and the only thing I can do is zoom in with my mouse wheel, which changes the POV too much and negatively impacts the 'feeling' of the train at speed. The zoom is too strong, but the default position is too far back. In an ideal world, the player could change the X, Y, and Z position of the first-person camera like they can with Trainz or BVE so that they can move closer to the window, move to the side, etc.
    Otherwise, I think this is a fantastic addon, definitely the best yet for TSW! I

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

Some more of my notes of issues I've picked up and would like to see resolved:
    • (As mentioned above) No light baking/illumination at Hunterspoint Ave, not sure if this extends to other stations
    • In Penn Station, some of the columns near the tunnels will enter the cab while passing them
    • Platforms will collide with trains at Penn
    • Sudden speed limit changes, particularly when approaching switches as noted by other users
    • In Service [2008] I had an issue with suddenly getting a red signal with no warning and not being able to stop in time, have not attempted to reproduce though and not sure where else this might happen
    • Potentially making marker lights on by default at end cars and turning them off as part of the start up procedure
    • The train that sits outside Jamaica most of the day is full of passengers
    • It seemed to be common that most married pairs are just random numbers and not actually correctly numbered
    It's not a bad DLC by any means though, and anyone bashing that its full of bugs is wrong. It functions well and these aren't game breaking issues by any stretch.

• Like Like x 1
  21. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

It seems like *a very few* AI trains run but only but certain services...that's not the LIRR I know and love.

22. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

While not as severe, it still is riddled with bugs. The signal/speed aspects bugs are what is making me not able to enjoy the game as much as I want to.

• Like Like x 2
  23. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Glad I didn't buy this. I knew they'd screw it up somehow. They should have made this for TS so it could be longer and so people could make their own scenarios and edits of the route if necessary.

24. LimitedEdiition

My apologies then, I have submitted a support ticket and hope that those of you at Dovetail will look into it.

Now that I have had more time to play this game, I would also like to point out that the system feels empty because not only are the Huntington Branch trains missing, but Dovetail have not added any AI trains to depict M7s that would typically run on the Far Rockaway/Long Beach/West Hempstead/Babylon Branch. One of the most common things to see for Westbound and Eastbound Jamaica services are trains pulling into the station together at the same time for passengers to make connections at Jamaica for whatever train they are taking next. To make passenger travel less burdensome for people who require Brooklyn/other branch's service, they typically line trains up together on neighboring platforms so people can change trains by just walking across for convenience sake. The lack of these ancillary AI services have neutered the iconic phrase "change at Jamaica" and as a result makes the LIRR feel soulless. Just something to keep in mind. DTG could even add these in as drive-able services as shunts from whatever yard the trains from Jamaica originate in, or as essentially shuttle services that they have done, but instead of Penn to Woodside, it would be from Brooklyn to Jamaica. They could even add the trains that originate at Penn and make them terminate at Jamaica for crew change. This would add almost an entirely new dimension to the game and would add a significant amount of more driveable services.

I realize that these changes would probably take a while to implement, but adding all of these extra services in as AI along with the Huntington Branch would make the network actually feel like a network.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

i agree the most annoying ones for me is:

the signal speed indicator isnt accurate and doesnt change enough always going too fast or slow.

and penn station had no train tracks for me and the pillars come through the cab.

• Like Like x 1
  26. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

Another thing I noticed;

When longer trains stop at shorter stations, there is no ability to cut out the cars that do not platform, so doors open posing a risk to passengers.

• Like Like x 2
  27. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

20181121173525_1.jpg
    Train collides with platforms at Hillside station.
    20181121185705_1.jpg
    Lighting problems under the bridge outside Hunterspoint Avenue in the direction of Long Island City has unrealistic lighting; the ballast is too bright.

• Like Like x 4
  28. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

I'm guessing Hunters Point Av is only accessible by a sceniro?

29. NorthRail1

The first scenario goes to Long Island City.

30. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

Question, if we wanted to get in contact with one of the LIRR Developers, how would we go by it?

31. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

1. No whistle or speed boards
    2. Horn is very low and underwhelming
    3. Little AI traffic in service mode
    4. ALL Hempstead trains run full local from Hempstead to Hollis besides for 2 or 3 trains the WHOLE day
    5. Train requires you to set it up at Hicksville when it was technically set up at “Ronkonkoma”
    6. ZERO Ronkonkoma services to Atlantic Terminal and Hunterpoint Ave
    7. Idling trains should have their ambers on
    This is what I got so far. I haven’t touched service mode so much so I’m still working on it but more to come. Also guys everyone must submit a ticket to DTG support, this is what Matt Peddlesden said to do to get our problems reported and hopefully fixed.

EDIT: Dunton is very barren with no tower or Bolands Landing (Employee) platform on the Atlantic Branch.
    EDIT: Propulsion will randomly “go out” meaning it just disappears for a few seconds and comes back.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  32. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

Or the "partial open" button that is press-able, but appears to partially open nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The propulsion only goes away on any car that is not touching the third rail. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  34. Anthony Pecoraro

Guys, you can look out the window by pressing the left and right arrow keys while sitting in the engineer seat.

35. Lawjester

Actually that’s not true... I’ve got the problem elsewhere a few times. It shouldn’t go out anyways when it gaps the third rail... needs to be fixed. The only thing that goes out when it gaps is the AC sound but that not even in game.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Anthony Pecoraro

The sound does go away in the gaps.

37. NorthRail1

20181125144123_1.jpg
    Passengers on the roof of Floral Park station.
    20181125150038_1.jpg
    And under the platform at Hempstead

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  38. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

How does something like that pass quality control before release? I'd be ashamed to release something like this. I know there are always going to be bugs, but how could someone on the staff not notice this?

• Like Like x 4
  39. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Anthony Pecoraro Lawjester Is right
    a third-rail powered train will NOT go out locally if the car is in a third rail gap. The sound gaps are a bug, not a feature. It is very damaging for a train to get separated from line power whilst the main switch is closed. Third rail EMUs will remain completely powered so long at least one car has available power.
    Hope I've cleared up some confusion.

Cheers,
    Prof.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. Anthony Pecoraro

Oh ok.

41. metr0p0litain

metr0p0litain Active Member

That's only half true. It depends on how the train is electrically connected. In most cases, it's only common that the cars of a semi-permanent coupled unit are electrically connected, but not the whole train. So, in a train with 6 cars, there are 3 M7 units. If the first M7 unit is in a third rail gap, you will not hear propulsion sound, because there is no power for the motors. But if there is control voltage with the help of battery power in the first M7 unit, all other M7 units in the train with contact to the third rail can accelerate.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Anthony Pecoraro

So does that mean that I am correct?

43. Lawjester

Have you ever rode on an M7 before? I ride them all the time and when it gaps I very much still hear the propulsion. Anthony you’re still wrong.

44. Anthony Pecoraro

I’m hearing conflicting answers.

45. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

As metr0p0litain said, if the gap in the third rail is two cars long then the two cars in the gap will no longer power (aside from lights and control systems which are powered from a battery.) Most gaps for crossovers and grade crossing are less than two cars, so there won't be any loss of power there. The main places where the gaps are two cars long are where they are deliberately made to be so, which is where the transition between sections powered from different substations are, this is so the train doesn't connect two different substations together. I don't own LIRR, so I don't know if the power drop outs occur in the correct places or not.

One issue with the 3rd rail in DTG's LIRR is that there are more than twice as many support brackets as in reality. DTG has support brackets on every other tie, which is daft, given they already have issues with the draw distance of the track, why use double the number of support brackets required?

• Like Like x 3
  46. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

Great job DTG, when you pushed out the update today you broke the M7 rail car. Like seriously, do you people even BETA TEST stuff before releasing it? And wheres the fix for the route itself? The route needs more bug fixing then the dam M7!

This is unacceptable!

• Like Like x 1
  47. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

Sounds like I'm operating a cheese slicer now...smh

• Like Like x 1
  48. hightower

hightower Guest

What update? There wasn’t an update on Wednesday to my knowledge.

49. The7Train

The7Train Active Member

That was my fault, I thought something updated within the game. Reinstalling fixed the issue, mustve been an error on my part.

• Like Like x 1
  50. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Yep, lighting overall is a weak point for TSW. The light source representing the sun is often not occluded by terrain or props

• Like Like x 3