Gameplay Improving Lineside Industry: Arosalinie (6 Industries)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lewielevy, Nov 9, 2022.

1. lewielevy

lewielevy Well-Known Member

Introduction

Hi, welcome to another post in my series "Improving Lineside Industry". I'm going to be looking at various routes in Train Sim World and highlighting what we have, and what we could have, in regard to railways that serve the various industries along them. I find these to be very interesting, and I think maximising opportunities for players to use them in TSW would greatly enhance our game.

I've tried to limit any suggestions to what is just about already within the scope of the route, and might just need some extra modelling of scenery, and perhaps a few new wagons.

It must be said that I haven't been a fan of railways for very long, and I'm from Australia, so I'd love for you to add your knowledge about these far-flung routes and correct anything I get wrong. I have speculated at times, as information can be hard to come by.

(Some of the screenshots here of the in-game map are rather poor-looking as I couldn't do any better with their resolution when zoomed out. Some areas do not have 3D buildings on Google Maps so only some locations will have those images included.)

Route

In this post, I'll be looking at Arosalinie. I believe the route is set in 2020. Here is a map of the route as represented in game, numbered with each location that I will be highlighting.

[​IMG]

Industries

Location 1

St. Peter Molinis has a short siding where wagons are loaded with logs. Players can currently deliver loaded Sp-w timber wagons up to this site, but in reality, the wood is taken down the route to Chur.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Location 2

At Langwies, there is another siding that is also used to load Chur-bound logs. Players could bring Sp-w wagons to and from this location.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Location 3

ARGE Frischbetonwerk Arosa receives gravel and cement by train from quarries and factories in Untervaz, around 7.5 kilometres north of Chur. The materials are unloaded for construction projects in the area. Players can deliver and unload Fac wagons of aggregate onto the ground and then bring the wagons up to Arosa to allow the locomotive to change ends. It would be good to have the unloading pit modelled, as well as be able to discharge Uce cement wagons by hose.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Location 4

Past Arosa's station are several different sidings, including a rail-served fuel depot. Players could provide the town with fuel by dropping off Za tank wagons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Location 5

At the Kehrichtverladestation Arosa, the town's garbage is taken away by train. Wagons are loaded with small containers inside the building. Players could shunt Re-w wagons in and out and attach them to consists.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Location 6

Lastly, there is a siding that has been used for loading trains with logs or for unloading aggregates. Players could bring Sp-w or Fac wagons here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Conclusion

I hope this was interesting. Please feel free to add to this and let me know what I've got wrong. Thanks for reading!

Further References

Information on everything to do with the Rhätische Bahn: HOME - RhB Stations

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 8
  2. lewielevy

I was going to include an extension to Untervaz, as that would add a lot of industry to the route. However, it is a bit long and would require a diesel locomotive, more wagons, and would feel empty without any Swiss standard gauge trains.

3. lewielevy

Fac aggregate wagon in Chur:

[​IMG]

Za fuel wagon:

[​IMG]

Uce cement wagon:

[​IMG]

Re-w wagon for carrying garbage containers:

[​IMG]

4. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

It would be good to see these wagons run along current Sp-w log wagons.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Would love to see some of these developed. Would be the backbone of a good catalogue for other narrow gauge Swiss routes.
    Hope rivet don't feel too stung by scenery feedback but will come back and take a better swing at another of the RhB narrow gauge routes.

• Like Like x 3
  6. lewielevy

I have updated the post to reflect the changes of the Rhb Arosa Aggregates Pack, as well as added photographs.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2023