PC I Want All My Money Back!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by grumypop51, Nov 8, 2022.

1. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

That depends on your expectations I guess.

I'm personally only counting for the fixes to be provided for game breaking issues, quite a short list:
    • derailment issue;
    • permanent red light issue;
    • rush hour passenger feature to be working as expected (now it is not, but this is more immersion killing issue than a game breaker. Aslo, on the BCC route announcement video Matt said that nobody is looking at this issue right now);
    • Add-on manager mess on PS4 (Creator's Club scenarios unplayable, some liveries missing);
    + rest of the Pres Crew updates.

With the rest I can live with and if i.e. cabin lighting for Class 377, BML version will be fixed then it will be most welcome, but I don't expect it.

Meanwhile DTG will be fixing those issues, and those are not easy to fix I guess, another year will pass, TSW3 will become available with 50%, then with 80% discount and who will be there still playing TSW2?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Actually, I'd say that was quite a long list. ;)

( And I'm thinking that most of it is unlikely to see the light of day. )

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

;)
    Yep, unfortunately, I have the same feeling...

• Like Like x 1
  4. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

It's funny how the passengers are broken since Rush Hour which was supposed to enhance passengers....

• Like Like x 2
  5. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

I'd like to add another "game breaking" bug to that list: the random Peninsula Corridor crashes

I've never experienced a crash in any of the other DLC. But Peninsula Corridor crashes roughly 1 in every 4 times or so.

• Like Like x 4
  6. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

And mostly on the way to San Jose? Because that's my experience.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

I've noticed it near San Francisco as well as near San Jose. Usually within a few stops. Never in the middle of the route.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. lupojohn

lupojohn Active Member

I live in the neighborhood of the NEC-New York line and the issue with eliminating passenger runs and just sticking with freight is that you almost never see freight on the outer tracks.

There's Amtrak Empire service as well as a few New Haven trains, but I remember seeing CSX along the line probably once.

I'd have to go back to the route to see the Hunts Point yard, but I've been there and photographed that, too. There's one opening to enter the yard and Amtrak trains run around the other side of the yard.

Basically, seeing CSX run alongside it, no matter how boring the passenger runs are, is what the route deserves.

9. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Can you please provide the detail of the service you were running? Was it a timetable service, official scenario, or custom scenario?
    If timetable, can you provide the number?

I'd like to attempt the same, and see what result I get.

Here's why: there's a very long thread about derailments on SPG, and the unanimous conclusion was that the game was broken. DTG Matt said that they fixed something in TSW3, but TSW2 is still broken. However, I spent 12 hours with that scenario and eventually completed it, in TSW2, bug or no bug. You can read my "adventure" at the end of that thread.
    Anyway, I would like to test the same service, if possible, if you don't mind. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
  10. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

I have never derailed in TSW3 - Must be bad driving !

• Like Like x 1
  11. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Pretty sure DtG said they weren't supporting TSW2 anymore and if you want fixes move to TSW3?
    And I concur, the only time I've derailed is tanking too fast when coupling up doh!

12. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Tsw2 is still getting updates. Preservation crew updates which are waiting for release and any preservation updates that were also made in tsw3. Also manual firing for steam. No new lighting or volumetric clouds in tsw2. In the tsw3 version, routes are being looked at to get the upgrades starting with Boston. No more content for tsw2. But a few updates are still planning to come

• Like Like x 1
  13. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

TSW2

14. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

I asked in a post above but you haven't replied. I would appreciate if you did. Thanks!

Can you please provide the detail of the service you were running? Was it a timetable service, official scenario, or custom scenario?
    If timetable, can you provide the number?
    I'd like to attempt the same, and see what result I get.

• Helpful Helpful x 1