Out Now Birmingham Cross-city - Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Alex, Nov 17, 2022.

Tags:
  1. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  2. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

It looks like a good route but until (and I am probably not alone here) add-ons manager is available for PS5 I won't be buying anything else for TSW3.

• Like Like x 11
  3. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

So it's 29.99 regardless of whether or not I get the starter pack. So 30 quid in the run upto Christmas for a route that's incredibly busy in real life but empty in the game. For the first time since East Coastway, This isn't a day one Purchase for a UK DLC for me. I just can't justify it. I hope those that play it love it though.

• Like Like x 9
  4. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Just wondering if you guys at DTG were aware there is no lineside fencing between Barnt Green and Alvechurch on the game but in real life it is there. I have submitted a ticket for it.

This is a wonderful route so far, made even more fun with the 10% game pass discount Great Stuff DTG!

• Like Like x 3
  5. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Mistakes were made in the TSC, But DTG for once actually learned from their Mistakes and hit this route out of the park. Wow, This has to be one of the best routes which begs the question, Will New Street pop up in a future DLC? And would the TSC but updated to the same level of quality as the TSW 3(Probably not but oh well) seriously great job on this route. I hope future routes as high quality as this one(Even tho this one is a little underwhelming none the less great)

• Like Like x 6
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well so much for £30 level QA. Beta testers asleep again, or as Schnauzahpowahz mentioned in his Harlem review, they don't want to rock the boat and no longer get the freebies.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I have the same opinion. I don't know what to delete my console anymore. I will definitely not buy anything else until the add-ons manager is functional.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Most of my US freight is gone, German high speed can make way for this puppy! :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

It’s awesome not only route and audio but incredibly nippy train which on east coastway test drive clocked over 100 mph

10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I am on PC "insufficient SSD" side and I use to make thematic afternoons. German day, US day... Good bless fast Internet connections \o/

11. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

There probably will be other dlc where new street is included. But the answer you will get is they are currently not working on it, not on the plans, not on the roadmap, etc. What might happen is that we'll have another situation where the next couple of routes is only in that region. Like how sehs, ecw, bml were made but then people complained there was too much content in the south so dtg moved up north so now they might make only north content around new street lol.

For the tsc version, if you say the same quality of tsw, I don't think that's possible since the engines are different so you can't really have the same graphical fidelity. Sounds are another thing that might be a big challenge and other things. And since the dlc has already been out for a while, dtg probably won't update it lol. And even if they did, you probably would have to pay for it

• Like Like x 1
  12. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

How is everyone enjoying bcc? Anything I should know about? Bugs? I'm not nit picky about the dlc. As long as I can play, I'm happy. This is definitely on my wishlist but was wondering what everyone else thought for those who have a few hours of gameplay.

• Like Like x 2
  13. KatiaBLR

KatiaBLR Well-Known Member

I've completed one run fom Lichfield Trent Valley to Bromsgrove, and gotta say i'm really impressed.

The scenery really stand out and makes the route feel 'lived-in' if that makes sense, there's a really good feel to the whole route.

Also the overall route feels busy enough to enjoy it, and in my opinion the lack of AI trains in Birmingham New Street isn't that big a deal for me having seen it in practice now, as the approach into the station itself is really enjoyable I don't really notice it as much as i thought i would.

However, the best part of this route for me, and i don't know why this hasn't been talked about more, is Approach Control.

Especiallt on the south side of the route, you encounter plenty of double amber/amber/red aspects to keep things interesting, all thanks to approach control, so well done DTG on this feature as it really makes a huge difference to this route.

Overall I'm really happy with this route and can see it becoming one of my most used routes!

• Like Like x 8
  14. Factor41

Agree - I'm very happy with this. I've only done a quick Bromsgrove to New Street, but as someone who regularly rides that part of the route, it feels really true to life. There are loads of noticeable custom buildings that I didn't expect, like the two tower blocks as you approach Kings Norton, plenty of the Uni buildings around Selly Oak, and the stations all feel like the real things.

Negatives so far are pretty minor - a few fences between the canal and railway are missing and I couldn't see Old Joe at the University, but all in all, it really feels like a route that's had a lot of love put into it and I'm looking forward to playing more and venturing north of New Street.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Which is ironic considering most TSW routes that are also in Train Simulator have better scenery in the latter. The close-range scenery is often better in TSW but distant scenery is almost universally better in TSC.

• Like Like x 2
  16. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The few first impressions looks very inviting. Well... :) Let it be.

17. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

Overall a decent route. The biggest issue I have noticed is very poor routebuilding between Barnt Green and alvechurch needs fences and more vegetation, just looks like a few trees have been plopped down.

Other niggles but not real issues,
    -Missing canal fencing
    -Missing pedestrian footbridge North of Barnt Green Station
    Barnt Green needs more vegatation on platforms 2 and 3

• Like Like x 2
  18. Cheesypuff2

Glad I am not the only one who noticed this. It visually looks awful

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. Cheesypuff2

No cars at redditch Station also make it feel empty

• Like Like x 3
  20. alexjjones6024

Yeah mate, I saw this aswell. You fancy whacking a couple of tickets in for this? Happy to work with you on getting the bugs fixed etc, little snowed at work right now haha.

• Like Like x 1
  21. carlanthony24

carlanthony24 New Member

I purchased CCL about an hour ago via Steam store and it still hasn't downloaded. Just says game plans to unlock in approximately less than an hour

22. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I wouldn't bet on a major scenery rework. Look no further than BML, Reigate station, missing fencing on the Quarry Line, section of track missing at Redhill. Once it's out, DTG really don't are unless it's a showstopper bug.

• Like Like x 4
  23. alexjjones6024

5pm release I think, Steam is always later on than consoles.

• Like Like x 1
  24. carlanthony24

carlanthony24 New Member

Cheers

25. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Steam (PC, UK) , available for download now......

26. flirt745

flirt745 Active Member

Purchased Cross City Line this morning and enjoying it so far. Approach Control is a nice feature as it provides adverse signals to keep the journey interesting. Another nice touch is the different nameplates on each Class 323 unit.

• Like Like x 2
  27. sophieclarke1983

The scenario thunderstruck is bugged I pressed the button after getting clearance to pass signal at danger and got a spad and failed so this scenario is broken

28. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Interesting since Daisy ran this one Tuesday without issues.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. breblimator

breblimator Guest

epic

30. sophieclarke1983

Daisy was running it on pc not console

31. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Remember, you only have 20 seconds before the TPWS resets.

• Like Like x 1
  32. trainsUK

trainsUK Member

Just taken a 30 minute spin on this , and what a route it is ! From the countryside areas to the bustling city centre , this route appears to have plenty in store . Looking forward to playing more of this

• Like Like x 2
  33. YorksAndy

YorksAndy New Member

Did you do the TPWS overide?

• Like Like x 1
  34. sophieclarke1983

Yes and I was within the 20 seconds at point of passing yet still got a spad

35. heliomass

heliomass Member

Just did my first run from Four Oaks to Bromsgrove. Lovely route, top marks!

• Like Like x 1
  36. carlanthony24

carlanthony24 New Member

I have managed to complete it no problem

37. heliomass

heliomass Member

One small question: I thought there were a few HST runs provided you have Great Western Express installed, but these aren't showing up for me. Am I missing something?

• Like Like x 1
  38. Factor41

Hmmm. Are they drivable or just AI? I'm sure someone said they'd seen one passing by, but I don't recall seeing them in the timetable list.

39. chinchillaxs#8354

chinchillaxs#8354 Member

I saw a two car loco-only HST go past, for what it's worth.

• Like Like x 1
  40. heliomass

heliomass Member

Ah, OK. That must be it; They're just AI controlled. I think I must have misunderstood they were drivable.

41. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

There are three HST drivable services but they only last fifteen minutes each

42. Frame Rate for being on a 3060 is not good dips to most part between 30fps to 45fps u think thats okay but trust me when i can get between 75fps to 130fps on other routes its a big difference and once again one part has a 5sec spike freeze and spike lags all over when are dovetail going to do something with the issue of memory that is the number 1 thing to me that needs fixing

• Like Like x 1
  43. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

I thought we would get the RHTT too but apparently not

44. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

Approach control??

45. PAFC47760

PAFC47760 Member

Shame you haven't given the option to have longer consists attacking the lickey from bromsgrove. wanted a challenge with steam and diesel.
    mean if not 10 8/9 mk1s on the drawbar would have been a test,

not everyone uses the 323

• Like Like x 2
  46. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

I would assume it's the same as on SEHS, whereby you get a red signal when approaching a track divergence with a significant speed drop (such as coming in to a station), then when you get close to the red and have slowed down enough it switches to a yellow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_railway_signalling#Approach_control

• Like Like x 1
  47. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

There are some RHTT runs. Go into route selection, select the class 66 and RHTT and then look for service numbers starting with 3 as these are the RHTT specially monitored trains.

• Like Like x 1
  48. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

I've decided not to get this one, at least until it's discounted, even though I was really excited for this route when it was announced.
    Firstly, this route is quite a lot more expensive for me. Weather the price hike is because of a higher original price or due to steam changing their prices calculation, it doesn't matter to us international customers in the end - it is over 20% more expensive than the previous route I've purchased, and seems to offer less (just one new train for a route with such varied stock IRL - come on). And on top of that, there wasn't even the customary 10% preorder discount.
    From the previews - I like the look of the route and the train seems to be spot on, but it doesn't overcome, IMO, the general deserted feel of the route. Hardly any traffic at the huge New Street station is hardly acceptable after we've gotten used to how busy the terminals at Dresden and London Victoria are in their respective routes.

Sorry DTG, not enough product for the money. I'll wait until this route is either discounted or more populated before I'll pull the trigger on it.

• Like Like x 9
  49. Deltic00

Deltic00 Active Member

This also applies along the canal between Bournville and University. There should be a steel fence between separating the canal towpath from the railway.

• Like Like x 3
  50. andrewandjane66

andrewandjane66 Well-Known Member

Thank you DTG.

Only had time for one full length run but thoroughly enjoyed the route. Brought back many happy memories of living in and visiting Birmingham.

Looking forward to getting into the route properly once the World Cup is out of the way.

• Like Like x 5