PC Birmingham Cross City Bug Posting Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Nov 17, 2022.

1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Hey guys.

I've opened a new thread to specifically allow you to post any bugs or things which don't look and/or perform quite right for the BCC route. This applies to both the route and the Class 323 itself.

Post away!

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

On my first run noted a fair number of stutters and even pauses up to 1 second, service 2R17 the 0807 Lichfield to Redditch run.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Large pause going up the Lickey on the second Journey run, the Bromsgrove to Birmingham service.
    I had the 32.3 miles driven achievement pop up after doing the Training Centre 323 run and halfway up the Lickey on the above run (i.e. probably 3.23 miles).
    PIS is showing my train as formed 2 cars when of course it is three.
    "I" or Shift-I has no effect on instrument lighting in the cab. (Edit: Disregard, working as intended see below).
    Points and crossing clatter seems too quiet, almost non-existent.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. malakhit

malakhit Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daisy S

Daisy S New Member

That might be because there are no instrument light controls in the cab, Aux ON/Aux OFF are the only things that affect instrument lights irl, they're always on.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  6. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  7. OldVern

Thanks Daisy, it's kind of a reflex to hit that on most of the other traction units. Disregard that one in my list.

8. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Do you guys know who sets the RD button mappings for the loco? It is missing AWS reset mapping and its annoying to have to reach over to my keyboard every time to reset AWS.

9. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

When all safety systems are enabled on the 323, a beep can be heard as soon as you press Q to acknowledge AWS. I think this is the DSD triggering (as the pedal gets released momentarily to satisfy DSD/DVD). The beeping is annoying when you're just acknowledging AWS, i.m.o. there should be a small delay.

The mapping on the 323 has some weird things in livery editor, making it impossible to put a shape on the bottom-most bit of the train (e.g. the air dam on the driving cars).

Changing the setting of the reverser using the keyboard takes rather long, it's much slower than on other trains.

10. phil.elliott

phil.elliott Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's intended, but every time I close the doors on the 323 the door handle animation and sound plays 4 times in succession.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

That’s the one thing that’s really annoying me.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

A few things I spotted were:
    • Missing 45mph speed board between Four Oaks and Sutton Coldfield.
    • PIS board display formations as 2 car and 4 car for 3 car and 6 car sets.
    • Between University and Selly Oak there is a bug with the water visual (screenshot attached).
    • The sounds for the 323 are very good, although, between about 17-25mph it doesn't sound quite right.
    Overall, the route is fantastic! I love driving the 323, having worked on the Northern 323s as a technician apprentice several years ago, they've done a very good job with it. Was also really nice to get Daisy's insights into the operation of them!
    20221117173507_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. ChrisR

ChrisR New Member

One major thing I spotted while walking round Platform 1 at New Street:

Attached Files:

14. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I can't get any Class 66 freight services. The article on layers suggested the 66 from SEHS which I have installed would layer in. Going to try installing different routes until I hit on one that actually adds it.

[Edit] So installing GWE added the 66. Although it hasn't added the HST. I'll see if it shows up once the others like TVL and NTP are installed.

aaaand, installing TVL added nothing until NTP was installed, at which point the HST and Cl37 appeared.

Well, I'll be playing the line without layers for now because having them on the same XBox as their TSW2 counterparts causes them to disappear from TSW2 and I still have achievements to get on those lines, so back to only having the four TSW3 exclusive routes installed in TSW3.

15. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I had a fair bit of stuttering particularly just outside Redditch where it "hung" for a few seconds.

• Like Like x 2
  16. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I had an occassion where throttle lock didnt disengage with the doors closing and I had to reopen and close doors again before I could apply power, I suspect I was a little keen switching off DRA and putting the reverser back into forward whilst the doors where still closing and this caused it potentially.

17. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

DTG needs to fix the stuttering and performance in TSW3, soon...

18. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

When the train terminates at its destination, it does not unload all passengers.

• Like Like x 4
  19. joshgeoff#2817

joshgeoff#2817 New Member

Guard panel on class 323 close door button it closes all doors including the local door, if you can fix for local door to stay open like on IOW 22 then this would be good as this is per real life. Please fix needed other than the guard panel works fine

20. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

- The 30mph board at the end of the southbound Aston platform goes blank when you walk towards it on foot
    - All PIS are saying that the trains are composed of 2 carriages
    - Exterior PIS not functioning on AI trains
    - Door key repeatedly functions every time you use the keyboard shortcut to close the doors

To be honest apart from that the 323 is absolutely fantastic. The audio setup is spot-on IMO (or at least I've not noticed any huge issues yet over a couple of services).

• Like Like x 1
  21. adamski#9148

adamski#9148 New Member

Is it me or is Lichfield Cathedral missing. Such an iconic building and should be seen from Lichfield City station.

22. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

The sounds of the 323 go silent for about 75m between New St platforms and the Derby tunnel (The "A" end of the station.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. feuer1998

feuer1998 New Member

The destination "Lichfield City station" is missing in the database. At least the train destination display shows "Not in Service" and the PIS shows an empty field.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

There's something funky going on with the internal PIS screens. On a southbound route, I went for a walkabout at Five Ways; one of the screens was showing "This is Five Ways" and the one opposite it in the carriage showed "This is Four Oaks".

There's a tear in the canal water leaving Five Ways too where the water level changes and you can see between the two.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

This seems to be a weirdness caused by having TSW2 and 3 both installed- why don't you just delete 2?

26. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Like every TSW route ever

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  27. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It was supposed to be fixed when Rush Hour came out, but it keeps rearing it’s ugly head.

• Like Like x 3
  28. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

There seems to be a tile south of Barnt Green on the branch with two missing bridges. One is brick arched footpath over the railway cutting, the next is Sandhills Green which goes under the railway embankment.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...0!8m2!3d52.359707!4d-1.991617!16zL20vMDJ4ZF93

There are also missing buildings, no lineside fences, very poor foliage, grass, lineside detail. Bit embarrassing really guys. What happened there?

Edit - to clarify and to tag DTG Matt as requested by folks in the discord.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  29. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Passenger system is more or less broken currently :(

• Like Like x 1
  30. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Also, I drove 2N20 Four Oaks to Longbridge, but the AI kicked me out at Longbridge for the shunt move into the turnback. Not sure if the other LOB terminators do the same. Oddly the return workings start from the turnback siding.

31. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

As mentioned in another thread, the 323 offside cab « door close » button doesn’t work.

• Like Like x 1
  32. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

PIS for a Redditch-bound train at Longbridge Platform 2 reports that the train will call at Barnt Green, King's Norton and Redditch, which does seem like the long way around.

(Alvechurch, twinned with Bielefeld)

33. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Lack of lineside fencing on the route in general. If you need specifics, I can provide it. Was hoping to see Villa park but not an issue at all.

Also, Alvechurch and Barnt Green, are terrible in terms of textures, that needs sorting.

Main thing is no shadow textures in the cab, e.g. going under bridges. Also very late darkening of the cab in tunnels, when you go from light to darkness mainly.

• Like Like x 4
  34. mattfr

mattfr New Member

On New street an escalator to platform 2&3 that goes down visually cannot be taken from upstairs (invisible block). The block functions correctly for the other escalator next to it (goes upstairs, only accessible from downstairs)

Attached Files:

35. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I am once again reminded of the time the PIS system on a train I was on bugged out and the message cut off before fully displaying all the intended text, so the looping notification was that we'd soon be approaching the final stop "where this train terminates passengers".

(I assume the intended continuation would have been "are advised to check for any luggage before departing" or somesuch)

• Like Like x 3
  36. royalscot#3684

royalscot#3684 Well-Known Member

Yes there is also no fencing or buildings, just random trees. It seems they forgot to finish the branch! Does ANYONE test these things before release?

• Like Like x 3
  37. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

This section of track in terms of visual quality and fetial is awful frankly, the worst I have seen on any route tbh

38. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

I got this ealier too

• Like Like x 1
  39. bence950906

bence950906 Well-Known Member

A few comments that stood out to me.
    -Some insanely bad looking ballast specifically for rain.
    20221118020327_1.jpg 20221118020346_1.jpg 20221118020415_1.jpg
    -After New Street station, light filters into the tunnel.
    20221118013438_1.jpg
    -Is the Redditch platform too close to the train ? I cannot decide whether it should look like this or not.
    20221118021250_1.jpg
    -Lack of vegetation Redditch branch.
    -What's also very disturbing is that there's an incredible amount of stuttering all over the route.
    -The door opener key keeps disappearing when I use the keyboard to open or close the doors.
    -Traction motor very quiet.
    -Several places are missing speed signs.(I have not noted exactly where, but there are places where there is only a speed reduction sign and the speed limit sign itself is missing.)

Overall, it's not a particularly bad DLC, but it should have had at least one more loco because the whole route is too empty, especially for this price. But we hope that this can be remedied later.

• Like Like x 4
  40. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

On my first run this morning I came across these guys at Barnt Green tryi g to blend into their surroundings 20221117_123500.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  41. bence950906

Ooh yes thanks I forgot about that.
    20221118020116_1.jpg

42. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

The tail lights aren't activated on the rear unit in the night scenario in the snow. Intentional maybe?

43. bence950906

Yes, I just checked, you have to go back and turn it on manually.

44. Jalio

Jalio Active Member

Just east of Kings Norton, this collectable "Box of Chocolate" cannot be collected. Seems there is an invisible wall blocking it.

Attached Files:

45. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Again soon many bugs that should have been spotted by QA.
    What is QA doing?

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. OldVern

Ditto here, something is overriding the sound output. This one definitely needs a high priority to fix.

47. OldVern

Sweet Fanny Adam's it seems. Don't get me wrong, I like the route but how on earth could the testers not pick up on things like the PIS showing incorrect train length? Or the sound loss as opposed to drop out at Birmingham New Street.
    Hopefully DTG are aware of and following this thread, sorry for ping but DTG Alex

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. ChrisR

ChrisR New Member

Spotted another one this morning - the texture for the VMS is inside the signal, so disappears when close up

Attached Files:

49. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

We are following this thread closely, and I want to thank you all for sharing feedback and issues.
    As per usual, the more detail you can put into explaining each problem (+screenshots) - the easier it will be for us to diagnose.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

The only big issue i was encountering was passengers being pushed on the tracks at very crowded stations. Had a heart attack and emergency brake at university, but sadly it wasnt enough. RIP Nameless NPC #2443

Made also a post about it here with a Screenshot