PC Birmingham Cross City Bug Posting Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Nov 17, 2022.

1. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Due to the lineside fencing and poor texturing on the branch to Redditch being incomplete, is this why that section wasn't shown on the pre-stream?

• Like Like x 7
  2. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

That happened to me too, I thought it was my imagination or a problem with my set up but clearly not.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

This is probably the biggest QOL bug so far.

4. theorganist

Yes that and parts of the Redditch branch looking like the aftermath of a wildfire! Apart from that I have enjoyed the overall experience but it is a shame some of these quite sloppy seeming bugs slip through the net.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It really is tiresome how the same types of issues keep happening. Collectables that can’t be collected, PIS issues, parts of a route not fully completed.

What is going on???? There is no acceptable excuse for this.

• Like Like x 6
  6. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is an omission or it is so irl but shouldn't the door release buttons illuminate on pressing and shouldn't the door close button be permanently illuminated when doors are closed and locked?

• Like Like x 1
  7. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

A few more from me:

When you take over an AI train the brakes aren't automatically applied, often leading to unintentional rollbacks. I think this was a problem with the 314 originally on Cathcart as well - could you please update so that the default state is to have the brakes on full service?

Additionally I think the lighting issue at the western exit tunnel of New Street is specific to the texture on the inside wall as it seems to be lit from outside.

Kings Norton RHTT depot is very hard to traverse on foot as the terrain is very uneven underneath the tracks so keep getting trapped.

Also would like to second / third the terrible state of the scenery for about a mile south of Barnt Green on the Redditch branch - other than that the scenery is fantastic throughout.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

It definitely needs a bit more work, I'm not denying that, but that section is pretty low on vegetation in real life and quite open to grassy fields in places, particularly where the newly-built marina and access road is. Even if they take another pass at it, don't expect dense trees because they haven't grown that much yet!

BG-ALV.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. theorganist

Well no I wasn't expecting something similar to Rivets recreation of the ancient forests of Cornwall but as you say it needs a bit more work. There is a lovely TSC freeware route where one tile had lost most of its vegetation and buildings due to some kind of bug I think (I put my own in) this section on CCL reminds me a little bit of that.

10. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

I’ll add to this as I play the route and intentionally keep it to bugs / errors only (and try not to repeat already reported bugs), the good points are for another thread. I’m also not looking for stuff, this is just what I see when playing the game.

- The cab lighting is just not right. It’s always far too light in TSW cab’s generally, and they are never lit correctly for the ambient lighting levels. The 323 seems particularly bad, in that there appears to be no ambient occlusion at all. In these images the cab is far too bright for the world lighting, and it looks much worse during gameplay than it does here
    Light Cab.jpg
    Light Cab 2.jpg
    - Longbridge station signs are missing both text and WM logos on the reverse of signs - only one side of a sign is visible which I assume is incorrect
    - I don’t seem to be able to get rid of the Driver Assist message (triggered every single time I move the reverser whilst the doors are moving) If this is a setting I can’t find it
    - University Station has far more PIS screens than exists in the real world and performance at this station on foot is particularly poor. Is that possibly connected?
    - GSM-R screen seems to go randomly blank and needs to be deregistered and reregistered to bring it back to life edit - it’s happened twice now, both times when driving into New Street. The screen blanks and has to be re-registered to get it back (again, Cab far too bright!)
    Missing GSMR.jpg
    - Why does the GSM-R come to life the way it does? If you de-reg and re-reg it works as I assume it should allowing you to confirm the head code and go through the log-on process
    - Cab indicator lights (line volts, Train Recorder, Door Interlock etc) are not visible in daylight and are therefore surely not bright enough? The Door Interlock doesn't appear to light up at all
    - The door key goes mental whenever you close the doors, which is a very long standing bug across almost all routes
    - One of the fencing types shimmers like crazy, and looks like the same asset used way back on GWE. Others don’t do it…can this asset be re-done or changed going forward?
    - Some LODs need looking at, particularly the OHLE between Duddeston and New Street - Look at the left hand side uprights (also, again, cab FAR too uniformly brightly lit for the ambient lighting)
    OHLE LODs.jpg
    - Aircon and traction sounds cut out approaching Platform 12 at New Street
    - Fiveways has issues with terrain spiking through the platforms and ballast
    Fiveways.jpg
    - Not a bug but still, the water textures remain awful and much worse than TS Classic. It’s meant to be a canal!
    - Are the route map posters really meant to be that small?
    - The cab takes an age to go dark when entering a tunnel. It should be much more black and white (literally)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  11. JetWash

....continued due to screenshot limit...

- There is track missing approx 2.5 miles North of Bromsgrove (although possibly intentional)?
    Missing Rail.jpg
    - This, obviously...
    Water.jpg
    - Another long standing QA issue, the horn is mapped incorrectly. If you press the key for ‘low tone’ it plays the high tone and visa versa. It’s a total lottery from unit to loco to unit as to whether or not this is mapped properly. Again, how hard can it be?!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  12. miket#2931

miket#2931 New Member

On Thunderstruck I got a SPAD failure even though I had contacted the signaller and the objective had updated to meet the failed unit

13. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

Overall, I’m impressed with the route. In terms of the level of operational realism (and partly going by the discussion on the stream) it really feels as if having Daisy involved has helped in that respect.

There are a few bugs though:

- The door key activating multiple times every time you close the doors is the highest priority fix for me - extremely annoying.
    - For me the interlock light illuminates once the doors are closed, but then immediately goes out again. That’s a bit strange. Looking back at the preview stream it appears the interlock light was on all the time (or possibly off all the time - I can’t quite tell), whether the doors were released or not.
    - I accept the darkening of the cab (an important feature for me) isn’t quite right, BUT it’s a million times better than on BML where the cab is at full brightness at all times, even in tunnels and at night - so for me it’s a relief and a big step forward, while recognising there’s still space for improvement.
    - I’ve switched off the Driver Assist message in the settings, but on some journeys (but not others) I get it anyway. Valuable though it is to be warned every single time I release the doors that this means I won’t be able to take power, I do wonder why it doesn’t also warn me every time I apply the brake that this means the train will slow down.

• Like Like x 3
  14. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

PIS not showing on AI trains

15. TSW Nathan

Local Door Close not always working

16. TSW Nathan

Route map is blurry

17. bence950906

bence950906 Well-Known Member

This type of track looks very bad, I don't know if anything can be done about it now, but it hurts my eyes. The render distance is also very bad at about 5 meter.
    20221118174129_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

The only thing I spotted was the RTTs popping in late as I approached them; basically the same LOD issues that the PS5 has on all routes currently

19. sedevan

sedevan Member

As well as the AI not displaying destinations, there are services that show up as blank on the platform PIS and if you take one of them, it is "Not In Service"
    This one is the 2L09 Bromsgrove- Lichfield City after I took a service from the menu:
    upload_2022-11-18_18-54-43.jpeg
    Spawned on foot at Bromsgrove at 0705 and it is still a ghost service:
    upload_2022-11-18_18-59-16.jpeg
    Just to add why are there services to Bromsgrove AT Bromsgrove?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  20. Jalio

Jalio Active Member

On the collectables, it seems the planters reset, even if you get all 25 it will still show you have 25 but when you walk up to them you can collect it again.

• Like Like x 2
  21. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

As others have mentioned, the excessive brightness in the cab is probably one of my biggest bugbears whilst driving the 323, as it should be a lot darker.

Could this be looked into urgently please?

upload_2022-11-19_0-55-32.png

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  22. JetWash

It’s almost unbearable and ruins the immersion. It’s not just the cab though, the whole unit inside and out is far lighter than it should be and still seems to be lit independently of it’s surroundings.

Again, a very long standing problem that DTG just don’t seem bothered about.

• Like Like x 2
  23. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Driving at 1700 in January the station lights are on (wahey) but the streetlamps don't come on until much much later. It's darker than dark out there.

• Like Like x 1
  24. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

What's going on?
    Same as always...no QA.
    Still everyone bought it day one so everything is fine.

• Like Like x 2
  25. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Bought Day 1, refunded Day 2 - ha! And this time no stern warning from Steam about over using the refund facility.

The route has a lot going for it but at the end of the day still too many bugs, issues and evident lack of QA and beta testing. I'll be watching the list from the outside and eagerly waiting to see what if anything DTG actually do about the now numerous reported problems. But regardless, I won't be parting with 30 notes for it again, will wait for a decent sale discount next year.

• Like Like x 5
  26. theorganist

Yes many of us did and are enjoying it, as I am sure you have seen (and ignored). Yes there are bugs which should be fixed but overall it has been a positive experience so far and in many ways the quality and details of the train and the route are some of the best seen in TSW.

• Like Like x 5
  27. standit

standit New Member

Noticed that only narrowboats with a headroom of about 1ft are able to pass through the canal tunnel at University.
    uni001.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  28. Factor41

Agreed. If I had the option to refund it on PS5, I... wouldn't. Enjoying playing it too much to concern myself unduly about a bit of missing fence or hedge here and there. It's definitely among my favourite routes and if it does get a bit more polish and some extra loco DLC action in future, it'll be out in front by a clear margin.

• Like Like x 2
  29. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Something is wrong with the color of the grass in this picture

30. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

I've noticed whilst driving the RHTT that freight speed limits are all over the place. There's many unsigned speed changes and other places I'll pass a 45mph board (for example) and the freight line speed is 20mph

31. Factor41

Looks like it's doing that eye adaptation thing where it meters for the dark section of the bridge and everything else gets a bit bleached out.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

Another issue is I was hit by the TPWS overspeed on approach to Lichfield City whilst driving the RHTT. I was only doing about 17mph, so surely it shouldn't have activated the overspeed?

33. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

I hope they are able to fix this eye adaption

34. squerble

squerble Active Member

The DOOR INTERLOCK light's state is only updated (or even evaluated) on a reverser change. So if I stop with reverser forward, then open the door, the DOOR INTERLOCK will remain blue until I change the reverser to neutral, at which point it updates to red. If I close the door, the light will remain red until I change the reverser again. This is repeatable all the time.

• Like Like x 2
  35. PAFC47760

PAFC47760 Member

custom senarios from bromsgrove into p8 at new street don't go in to the platform till the end of the platform. they come down centre road then cut across

36. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

In watching UK and other European cab ride videos, this is not that all unusual an occurence.

37. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

There are no internal shadows in coaches and cab cars- this is why they look so flat and lifeless (there are shadows cast from outside scenery, but not from any internal fixtures). Apparently this is because rendering those shadows would crush framerates.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Trainzrule

Trainzrule Member

A tiny thing I can't unsee at Northfield: That tiny narrow gap in the platform surface.
    upload_2022-11-19_17-56-51.png

• Like Like x 1
  39. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Box of chocolates stuck behind an invisible wall at kings Norton

40. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

TPWS pannel coming into Lichfield City from the south is bugged, forces a stop no matter what speed you’re doing.

(TPWS override doesn’t stop it either, do we presume that’s also buggy?)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  41. Jalio

Jalio Active Member

What's going on here? I don't even know how to explain this but not sure I've seen it on any other route. As you're driving along it's like the track or ballast doesn't load properly.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  42. bence950906

I think they simply ran out of time, if they had spent more time on it, it wouldn't have been profit oriented. (Although I think it's quite funny that they forgot to build a small part of the route normally.)
    A few of us took our time and picked up quite a few bug that need to be corrected. From now on, I wonder how many of them will be fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  43. bence950906

Yes, this is exactly the picture I uploaded a few posts above. But I don't think there's much you can do with it because this type was used to build the track, maybe only if they rebuild the track with a completely new type, which I think is out of the question, it would take a long time, but I hope I'm wrong and easy to fix.

44. Jalio

Jalio Active Member

Oh sorry, I missed your post. Didn't mean to double step on you haha.

I was kinda thinking maybe it had something to do with the track laying and if we would ever see a fix for it, considering it's the whole route I am probably guessing nope.

45. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Getting some save game issues with the route and have posted them in the save game thread in Tech forum.

46. ChrisR

ChrisR New Member

More VMS signals where the VMS pattern is behind the signal head model itself (WP148 CA, BM6209) and an aperture missing off the cats eyes on WP4929

Attached Files:

47. londonmidland

ChrisR Are you playing on console by any chance? It looks like you have a different version to me, as my version (PC) has the updated VMS signals.

Your version is the first image, my version is the second image.

[​IMG]

upload_2022-11-19_22-34-32.png

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  48. ChrisR

ChrisR New Member

Nope, Steam on PC

49. londonmidland

I’d advise you to raise a ticket with DTG.

50. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

That issue does affect other routes like sos and some of the routes that got the preserved update