PC Amtrak In Lirr?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nne4229, Nov 20, 2018.

1. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

???

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

That took me a minute. I'm with you on this one- ???

3. nne4229

Figured it out, false advertisement. I got this DLC refunded for that reason, no not just lack of Amtrak but the fact of them advertising so much detail to give us such am empty lifeless world of nothing.

4. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Eh... it's better than RT, that's for sure. Dovetail false advertising stuff should be nothing new at this point, lol- IMO they should just fire their whole marketing team.

That being said, service mode is a bit disappointing. The rest of LIRR is fine, though.

5. nne4229

S*** dude, I got refunded. I'm not playing those games. That false advertisement should be a norm. Nope.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Its because on NEC Amtrak run to New York Penn Station if you remember and now so does LIRR with the M7 so i dont see it as false advertising

7. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

"Experience America’s busiest commuter railroad and all the bustle and challenges of railroading in New York City."

That is what is wrong advertisement, 181 services in 24hours in service mode is not busy. This makes an average of 7,5 trains per hour on the whole route.
    I don't know how many trains are going for example through the Jamaica station in real life but I guess it's more then 8 trains / hour. On the busiest S-Bahn Route in Munich for example there are 60 trains stopping at ONE station in one hour. In each direction every two minutes one train.
    In the rush hour there should be a huge amount of trains on Jamaica station, but you can be glad if you ever see two trains meeting there in service mode, and all yards are emtpy. (screenshots showing full yards and sidings).

The scenarios are ok, busy and many traffic's thats also where they made all the screenshot for the advertisements including the Amtrak screenshot. But sadly service mode is the heart of this DLC and it's just feels empty.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 5