Cross City - No Fences

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by owenroser19, Nov 18, 2022.

1. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

So far I’ve been enjoying the cross city but one of the glaring issues is the serious lack of line side fencing. In multiple places it’s just completely missing. I always think UK railways are famous for their big sliver fencing running along side the track on every route and to not have it makes the route look terrible

I understand it’s not as easy as just slapping down the fence and being done with it, but I really hope they do something about it.

2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

When SEHS 2019 released, they missed a lot of fencing then, when they did finally put it in, it was literally slapped in.

I wouldn’t expect them to fix this, and If they do, it’ll look so bad you’ll wish they didn’t.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

BML and SoS suffer the same issue. Makes you wonder what processes the route builders are using, certainly my workflow was and still is on the little model routes I do in Trainz - track, roads, fencing before anything else. And where are the beta testers, should have picked this up - unless of course they did and were given the white lie fences would go in for the release build.

I am dubious that DTG will sort this as BML and SoS remain unfixed, in the case of the former over a year after release. BML even has a section of track missing at Redhill.

• Like Like x 3
  4. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

The fixed a lot of the fences in sesh for the start of tsw 3, now the first tsw3 has massive scenery problems?

Something is clearly going very wrong in dtgs house.
    I mean the rhht train doesnt even have moving bogies...the bogie frame is static with the chassis.

5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I stand ready to be corrected but I do begin to wonder how much of the production - whether routes or rolling stock - is now being done by or even outsourced to people with little or no knowledge and certainly interest in rail systems or trains and how it all works.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Thats an interesting thought vern, and concerning to the same time. I think 1 - 2 months more would make the difference.
    Everybody knows the polishing & testing takes probably more time than creating a route. But cutting the polishing phase of a product?!
    Yea right the thing with the floating bridge without pillars at birmingham newstreet..., 1.5 weeks before release.

I guess a manager wanted to safe 40% of time, where 5% of work were done.
    Probably he must have not seen the fact, that in in those 5% the true immersion will be created. Love into details is just pure atmoshphere for a player and will make him come back again.

7. SJA

SJA Active Member

I love the BML... except for that. An open run for a runaway dog or unruly child from Wandsworth Common directly onto the tracks doesn't feel like anything that might have happened after about 1900.

8. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I am not saying you're wrong mate but I haven't seen any glaring issue like this and the build quality seems rather good so far.