Wondering On Destination Boards Change In Quick Drive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChooChooKeith, Nov 6, 2018.

1. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

I was wondering if there is a way to the Destination boards to change in Quick Drive mode. Would be nice to have that available as quick drive you can go almost anywhere but also nice to have for Screenshots as well. Would love to know if this is possible.

Thanks
    Keith Hall

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Depends on the train being used. Some have the ability to change the dest boards dynamically in game so check out the manual
    Others you may need to edit the scenario and change the code on the consist in editor view, again, check out the manual

3. ChooChooKeith

I dont have a manual available to me.

4. ARuscoe

They're all online either on steam (go back to the page of the DLC and look down the right hand side) or in the download file of most third party DLCs.

5. ChooChooKeith

Yeah I found the Manual but says nothing about how to use the editor which I think is not user friendly at all. but will explore.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Everyone who plays this game has a lot of Manuals. You get one explaining how things work and you get another for each Route or Train you buy. If you cannot be bothered to read them you will continue to have problems and then tell us the Game is wrong.

7. ARuscoe

Depending on the train it is either a key press, or an editor job. User friendly and simulation often don't go together...

8. ChooChooKeith

I was looking at a thread that has all of the keys for expert mode. and it says you can change the train number and destination sign by hitting F8 but that does not work. also when you hit CTRL F8 a bunch a garbled numbers appear. I think that is a glitch. I also see suggestions to goto the editor in the scenerio which would be Quick drive and change the destinations there but that seems to mess the sim up. not sure why there is not a Icon for this in-game that would be the ideal fix for this.

9. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Which loco is it? Some of them, like the AP 450, have really confusing key combinations.

10. ChooChooKeith

using the DB BR 442 Talen 2 .. love this train..

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Why is everything a Glitch to you because it does something you did not expect.?

The Key controls Do Not Apply to EVERY Item of Stock.
    You can Only change the destination when Driving If the train is set up to do so.
    There are NO Instructions in the DB BR 442 Talent 2 MANUAL for changing the Destination
    The Destination MUST be pre-set in the Editor Before playing the Scenario. - like a lot of other stock.

Trains where the Destination can be changed by the player in the Scenario are indicated in the Manual for that Type of Train.

Peter

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. ChooChooKeith

I dont think quick Drive will allow you to change the destination . I dont want to mess with the scenerio because it messed it up last time I did it. then I had to fix it with the verify file feature on steam. I wish they would make it easier to do that.

13. ARuscoe

Not everything CAN be easy (something you seem to mention a lot). If you don't want to "mess up the scenario", copy it first from the build menu

14. ChooChooKeith

Thank you for the help on this. I

15. ChooChooKeith

The reason for asking if there is an easy is having software that is user friendly to allow them to customize things via the Build option. if you are going to put a feature like Building your own route then make it "user friendly" otherwise dont have the feature in the game at all. Trainz has a easy editor or user friendly. but has other issues such as detail to the trains that are used on there. but its getting better as 2019 launches.

16. ChooChooKeith

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  17. ARuscoe

According to the manual CTRL+5 and CTRL+6 change the destinations...

18. ARuscoe

It doesn't work though... not on the default train I have anyway, but CTRL+F8 isn't the correct key on this train

19. ChooChooKeith

In the 442 Talent 2 manual it says CTRL 5 and 6 toggle destination signs but it does not

20. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

And if you look at two posts above yours you will see ARuscoe said the same thing.
    I suggest you report it to DTG

Peter

21. ChooChooKeith

He was also refering to F8 which also does not work in game that is.

22. ChooChooKeith

The doors wont open as well in Koln Duseldorf for the 442 Talent 2 in quick mode. there are a lot of things like this . they need an updated Build for TS2019

23. ARuscoe

No I wasn't. I said that the keys for that train were different having looked in the manual. I don't know WHY they're different but they apparently are. Given that, the keys that are SUPPOSED to work, don't

The version of the software running the consist should make no difference, but then I haven't tried this on 32 bit or TS2018 so don't know if it used to work or not.

24. ChooChooKeith

I will try on 32 bit but I dont think that makes a difference. in the manual it said the F5 and F6 keys are suppose to be the ones working you are correct but the F8 is in the Keyboard Layout section in the game. not sure why there is a diffence other then I am using the 64bit version. very weird if this works with 32 bit. I dont think thats the case though.

I loaded the 32 bit version and there is no differnce in what the keys do. also if you hit CTRL F8 some weird numbers come on the screen. I posted about that before but that is the only thing F8 does really.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  25. ARuscoe

Because the people who coded the train in this instance decided they would be different. There is another unit which uses F12 and shift F12, but I can't remember which it is

26. Danny41978

Danny41978 New Member

Anyone have experience of the class 156 with the superalbs reskin scrolling digital destination board. Was told to edit in scenario editor but when editing it just scrambles the unit number, nothing happens on the destination screen. Can anyone give advice?

Cheers

27. ChooChooKeith

Hey Danny,

there are codes for the destinations in some trains but the editor for this sim is very unstable to me. especially since they put the option during the game to bring up the menu that tells you the Keyboard layout and other options but includes the World editor which there is no reason for. I would not mess with the original Layouts because any changes done to them could mess things up. I know other trains use the CTRL 5 and CTRL 6 for Toggle through destination boards. I guess it depends on the train being used.

28. ARuscoe

F7 and F8 work on the standard train so I think it's likely they do on the reskin

29. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

I have been able to change destinations on the Talent 2 in the past, but it was with a different key combination. I think it was Ctrl+0, but I am not 100% sure of that as I haven't driven that unit recently.

Ctrl+F8 shows some diagnostical information (the 'garbled numbers'). It's not a glitch, but to the average player it's not very useful either.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Danny41978

Danny41978 New Member

Solved part of the problem, I did not have the superalbs product box ticked in scenario editor, having said that I can only get 4 destinations to work, but when I change the other letters to correspond with the destination it comes up with missing texture on the destination board. I have hit a wall.

• Like Like x 1