Lirr Needs Major Help

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by trainsallday#6962, Nov 19, 2022.

1. trainsallday#6962

trainsallday#6962 New Member

The Long Island Rail Road is the busiest commuter railroad in North America yet the game doesn't show it. Here are my solutions:

1. Fix the timetables:
    When operating a route there should be passing by multiple trains not just 2 or 3. Especially when its rush hour Jamaica Station should be busy.

2. Fix Jamaica Station:
    The increase in passengers from TSW 2 to 3 was a great addition but Jamaica station is lacking. One of the core elements at Jamaica Station is when an Atlantic bound train pulls in There is a Penn station bound train right across the platform and vise versa. So during rush hour Jamaica Station should be packed with commuters switching trains.

3. Proper door opening procedures:
    Some station platforms like Kew Gardens, Nostrand, Forest Hills and others are not long enough to accommodate each train car. So when all doors open even if they are not on the platform is very unrealistic and in fact dangerous. Maybe have the T/O get up and walk to the end of the platform and open all the doors in front of them or have a code to sense how many 2 car sets are on the platform and only open those doors.

*Expansion Ideas*
    With LIRR trains soon have a 3 terminal in NYC, this would give you a perfect reason remaster the line or add a brand new one. In the brand new DLC you could add all changes above while also adding creating the extension to Grand Central. The new-ish M9 train cars could be added. You could also add another branch to let's say Port Washington or Far Rockaway. You could also just finish the line bring it all the way to Ronkonkoma. What ever you decide to do I just ask that you do something to the line.

• Like Like x 3
  2. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.. Now I'm not American but I agree that these do sound like very good changes that would make the route feel more immersive (especially the 3rd point) Id argue considering how busy it is if they did overhaul it another improvement would be rush hour passengers but hey, again, I'm not American, I'm British.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

1. They route is unable to have a busier timetable cuz the signalling system would need an overhaul. Matt from dtg created a busier timetable but it broke cuz of the signalling so that would require a lot of work.

2. Same reason as above.

3. Tsw doesn't have sdo operation yet. Dtg have to create the simulation part of it. But due to other more game breaking issues like derails, red lights and save games, it's not going to happen any time soon.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

Don't forget Hollis.

5. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you there, LIRR can't be busy due to the signalling on the line not working as intended, trainsallday#6962, read the post I quoted and that will hopefully explain everything ;), if you have any questions, just ask :)

• Like Like x 1