Other I Really Want To Get Rid Off The Driver Assist Prompt

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by DEXCON, Nov 20, 2022.

1. DEXCON

DEXCON Member

Hi Guys!

After some googeling I could only find one person asking this question which didn't get a anwser. I went through all the settings in order to find how I could turn off the Driver Assist Prompt. I know I can't drive when my doors are open and my reverser in neutral. I don't want to have a message saying it to me. Also I really enjoy finding out why my train won't drive because then I learn something from finding out why it won't.

Is there some shortcut I need to press or something? Thanks!!! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

It is a very annoying popup. I too have had a hard time finding something to turn it off. Yes, I grabbed the throttle half a second before the doors finished closing. I know. Leave me alone, game.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Isn't it the "Display Safety System Helper" option under Hud & Gameplay in the settings?

4. Princess Entrapta

It is not, no. Turning that off does not make these particular popups go away.

5. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

That's only for if you have safety systems on like pzb so it tells you what speed to go, whether to acknowledge, etc

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Princess Entrapta

Exactly. This is a separate set of notifications, more the sort of thing you'd expect from a first run tutorial.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

I would also be happy if you could turn off the driver assist, it annoys me more than it helps.

• Like Like x 3
  8. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I saw a setting toggle for it somewhere in the Settings but I forget where.

9. sequencer2k16

There are no settings for this, what you mean is for the safety systems in the upper left HUD.

10. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

You can remove the prompts by setting notifications to ‘no’ but that does remove notifications like throttle and brake settings as well tho

11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This needs sorting out if there isn’t a separate toggle for them. I rely quite heavily on the text that comes up for control settings because I use a controller (PS5) but the assists I can well do without, so if they are on the same toggle that is ridiculous. I haven’t specifically looked for a setting myself because I’ve been playing mainly TSW2 apart from the core TSW3 routes. I’m going off other people’s reports that they are all on one toggle.

The driver assists are fine for new players but they just get in the way for most of us. The one in SEHS has been annoying me for years, as I know the power needs swapping at Ebbsfleet. Other examples of them getting in the way… Applying a bit of power before the brakes have fully released to stop the train rolling back brings up an ‘assist’ telling you to release the brakes even though you already have. One comes up saying to release the brakes before adding power when using the dynamic brakes in the F7 because that uses the throttle lever. I believe there’s one that pops up at every stop on the new route or at least it did in the live stream, I can’t have that.

It’s nagging. Imagine your mum telling you that you need to tie your shoelaces before leaving the house every time you are about to leave the house and that continuing well into your late 40s. Nobody needs that.

• Like Like x 3
  12. sequencer2k16

This is a solution, but not THE solution. The notifications are helpful when teaching or explaining TSW to someone in the stream,
    so the viewer can see what the driver is doing or has set, the Driver Assist on the other hand is just annoying, so I would welcome a separation of these two notifications.

• Like Like x 3
  13. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

one of the funny things about this notice is that your locomotive training teaches you to throttle up before releasing the brakes to be sure you have power, but then you do this in game and BANG! there's the notice to release the brakes before trying to move. :o

• Like Like x 4
  14. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Matt's said a few times that the tooltips can be turned off in the options but as we all know there isn't an option to turn off tooltips. Think they need to set about putting a toggle in for them just like they did with the save game

15. rustyknight07

rustyknight07 Member

I've recently purchased TSW3 and this notification is really annoying. Presumably they haven't bothered to add an option to disable it?

I've been playing Peak Forest and it keeps nagging me to turn the reverser down when I reach speed, it's really annoying because it appears at about 25mph.

• Like Like x 1